Opinion Crichton and Xerri not enough

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we dont manage to bring some forwards in for next season, dont expect too dissimilar to this one, yes there may be some odd games we get up for it and our backs win us some games vs teams like tigers, dragons, titans etc but realistically our forwards will get battered vs better teams and with a couple of injuries like this one and we ll be back to step 1. To change a team from a losers mentality into a winning one, needs abit of consistency in results, unfortunately beating tigers one week then losing to souths, eels and brisbane or whoever in a row after that doesnt develop that. We always get battered by these teams in the middle so in order to gain consistency we need some proper middles. If not, as ive said above we may beat some of the crap sides but never be consistent which is what we all want. Ciro has said on numerous occasions that we have alot of space in our cap for next year so this offseason transfer wise is huge.

Reaction score
Yeah agree with that, we definitely need some key middles. Everything else will be easier if our forwards can lay a platform.

Warriors signed players in positions they lacked in, and has made an immediate impact.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Each to their own thought process but I'll be stuffed if I'm writing off 2024 at this stage.
Agree we need a couple of middles but whose to say we won't nab Tino? Or Haas? More unlikely than probable, but one of these two guys alone would be close to a game changer for us..Tino would be a next year proposition not as sure on Haas, anyway good problem to have if we do get one of these blokes.

We have apparently signed Sele(an eon ago now)he will be a decent asset/improvement if true plus Kiks will hopefully have a big and injury free year etc etc.

Of course we will have to see what happens with the recruiting over the next couple of months but I'm optimistic we will be an upward mover next year if we can bolster our forwards.
Both Critta and Xerri will be terrific I believe.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Each to their own thought process but I'll be stuffed if I'm writing off 2024 at this stage.
Agree we need a couple of middles but whose to say we won't nab Tino? Or Haas? More unlikely than probable, but one of these two guys alone would be close to a game changer for us..Tino would be a next year proposition not as sure on Haas, anyway good problem to have if we do get one of these blokes.

We have apparently signed Sele(an eon ago now)he will be a decent asset/improvement if true plus Kiks will hopefully have a big and injury free year etc etc.

Of course we will have to see what happens with the recruiting over the next couple of months but I'm optimistic we will be an upward mover next year if we can bolster our forwards.
I just don't see Haas leaving the donkeys while his oxygen thief Mother rots in a Brisbane jail. So I hope it is Tino. Just my thoughts.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah agree with that, we definitely need some key middles. Everything else will be easier if our forwards can lay a platform.

Warriors signed players in positions they lacked in, and has made an immediate impact.
Exactly. Signed SJ to game manage and some good middles to give them some defensive starch and new coach who has changed game plan, structures AND attitude. They no longer are the inconsistent team they once were.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nah the Warriors had a good roster but managed to replace outgoing players of equal quality. Our issue has been attracting the players of quality to begin with

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, ever heard of paragraphs? That is just a blinding wall of words, not even going to attempt reading that.
Yet you are so bothered you commented on the thread anyway haaaaa

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus is on the record, saying the club is after good middles.
remember about half our top30 remains unsigned. I think there’s more news to come.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Both are incredibly poor signings without having a halfback and fullback tied up first.
Why? if we still have the cap space, what’s the difference? Should we pass on good players, when they become available, because we’re not signing them in your order?

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why? if we still have the cap space, what’s the difference? Should we pass on good players, when they become available, because we’re not signing them in your order?
Yea good reply. Gun players want to come into a team that’s almost there and having superstars there for them to add to makes a big difference in recruitment.

People don’t see that building a team that’s not quite there yet but could dramatically change with some good props, is a big draw card to players like Tino and Haas. They want to come in and be that player that finished the puzzle. For Tino if he cares about his legacy, he knows nobody cares about a gun titans prop. But history will definitely remember him if he comes to the dogs and wins a premiership. Titans struggle because of that lack of history and culture. Most people in surfers paradise don’t care about the titans. Everyone in belmore cares about the dogs. It’s a huge difference in culture.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We could certainly use a few good middles, but I believe we are playing the wrong type of game for the cattle we've got It looks as though some teams /coaches seem to cover their week spots better than others, ie playing to their strengths.
Hopefully Chriten and Xerri will have a real crack and be used properily.
It looks to me that teams play 2 different types of games, aka, Penrith fancy football. Parra power football.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Yea good reply. Gun players want to come into a team that’s almost there and having superstars there for them to add to makes a big difference in recruitment.

People don’t see that building a team that’s not quite there yet but could dramatically change with some good props, is a big draw card to players like Tino and Haas. They want to come in and be that player that finished the puzzle. For Tino if he cares about his legacy, he knows nobody cares about a gun titans prop. But history will definitely remember him if he comes to the dogs and wins a premiership. Titans struggle because of that lack of history and culture. Most people in surfers paradise don’t care about the titans. Everyone in belmore cares about the dogs. It’s a huge difference in culture.
Not just Belmore, we used to be one of the biggest clubs, hopefully the last 5+ years of rubbish hasn't killed that. I am hopeful based on the fact we got 40K to a home game against Para, would have been more if ticketek wasn't shit and sold out all games at belmore including trials this year. Hopefully that means the support is still there. If we can just play some good consistent footy maybe the giant will wake up and it will be alot easier to recruit. I can't help but think what if we had just kept Vaughn.....ughhh would have made so much difference, Would have ben worth paying him whatever he wanted for 23-24. Some one fucked up big time there....

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how we always spotted with backs but no forwards , have faith in sure they are sorting it but at least for no1 they are looking at taffe and the “pet”Ham saga is over.. the love child fullback finally gone.. ciro digging himself a hole. So much optimism start of year only to be in a worse position then 2022..