News Crichton‘s encouraging act in Dogs debut as halves dilemma deepens: What we learned

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are options for halfback - whether they make a difference with the middles we have im not sure BUT apart from Sexton n Hutchison - Mann Salmon Tracey and Taafe all started in the halves.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the whole game but the parts I saw was promising. Defense is there which is a welcomed relief
The defense was actually concerning. Watch the set immediately after sharks first try. They went 70m straight up the middle. A real worry

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trindall was poor as well. There won't be any panic or concern for the Sharks because they've been a top 8 team recently.

Ciraldo needs to stick to his guns and go through with his plan.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to ask that very question tbh .. didn't due to fear of verbal abuse by Salmon haters.
He has only looked good in the middle tbh as a poor man’s Yeo. I’d favour trying Taffy at hb over him any day. Sexton probably on par with Taffy though as halfbacks go.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone complaining about Hutchison in attack. Is he better defensively than sexton?

Advocating for the coach here in that due to terrible defence last year if we can tighten our defence we should have enough strike power elsewhere to score enough points? Don’t think sexton was terrible defensively but this may be why Hutchison is in front.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Everyone complaining about Hutchison in attack. Is he better defensively than sexton?

Advocating for the coach here in that due to terrible defence last year if we can tighten our defence we should have enough strike power elsewhere to score enough points? Don’t think sexton was terrible defensively but this may be why Hutchison is in front.
Hutchinson is there to baby sit Burton, that's it imo. I don't see any real difference in there defence and I'm not sure why fans seem to rate Hutchinson as a good defender in the first place?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Footy IQ mentioned again as a reason for selection...... who was the last player CC talked up their footy IQ last year, from memory that went pretty shit too

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hutchinson is there to baby sit Burton, that's it imo. I don't see any real difference in there defence and I'm not sure why fans seem to rate Hutchinson as a good defender in the first place?
I think hutch is the steadier of the two. I agree it’s to get to places on the field and follow the game plan. Shit that Burton can’t do

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think hutch is the steadier of the two. I agree it’s to get to places on the field and follow the game plan. Shit that Burton can’t do
Yes, which is why I'm so harsh in Burton. We're picking an inferior player to accommodate him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What??? You serious, he was supporting his team mates as a good captain should.
100% another Nasheed account.
The mods are going to be playing whack-a-mole with the burner accounts. Every time a dud account gets shut down another one suspiciously pops up with the same rhetoric.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine Crichton's leadership and talk at fullback....

Come on Ciro you know what to do! When fully fit he has to unleash Critta at FB.