Credit where its due... Flanagan/Waddell/Marshall-King

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as we love to blame these guys for every loss, one has to admit the last few weeks they have been about unsung hero's and reliable links in the chain.

Last night they really shun amongst the excitement, Waddell and JMK brick walls in defence and Flanagan playing the direct sensible footy he was brought in to do.

Waddell and JMK in defence have been awesome and the tackles they pulled off on the line last night were close to the best u will see and Flanagan's direction has been improving.

Notably the Kiraz try... If you want to know why we scored that try, go back and watch a replay. You will see Flanno set up the play, directing the attacking line and swinging around the back. In my opinion the try of the match as it put a serious dent in the game.

I know we have Mahoney coming and we know he will do a massive job in attack but hopefully he can do what King does in defence and as for Waddles, well he is putting his hand up for a spot in the 17 for 2023.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan - has moments that convince me he can play. What annoys me is that he’s more of an organising type of half yet barely does any kicking whatsoever. Is he carrying some foot injury? Coz that would also explain why he’s not goal kicking.

JMK - probably one of the better runners from dummy half around but just lacks pace to make them count.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as we love to blame these guys for every loss, one has to admit the last few weeks they have been about unsung hero's and reliable links in the chain.

Last night they really shun amongst the excitement, Waddell and JMK brick walls in defence and Flanagan playing the direct sensible footy he was brought in to do.

Waddell and JMK in defence have been awesome and the tackles they pulled off on the line last night were close to the best u will see and Flanagan's direction has been improving.

Notably the Kiraz try... If you want to know why we scored that try, go back and watch a replay. You will see Flanno set up the play, directing the attacking line and swinging around the back. In my opinion the try of the match as it put a serious dent in the game.

I know we have Mahoney coming and we know he will do a massive job in attack but hopefully he can do what King does in defence and as for Waddles, well he is putting his hand up for a spot in the 17 for 2023.
Good to see some unsung heroes getting some recognition. I reckon Waddell is going very well and should be retained.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan - has moments that convince me he can play. What annoys me is that he’s more of an organising type of half yet barely does any kicking whatsoever. Is he carrying some foot injury? Coz that would also explain why he’s not goal kicking.

JMK - probably one of the better runners from dummy half around but just lacks pace to make them count.
His kicking is atrocious... he has no power in that right leg what so ever. Shame because he has a decent technique... I would be puttin him on a serious leg regime if i was his coach.

JMK in attack is bog average but he optimizes a bulldog a defence.. dead set old school bulldog who punches well above his weight.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Brave thread… lol

You can’t say the ‘gun has been decent here…. Even though it’s the truth. It goes against the kennel narrative.

You’re spot on though. They’ve all been pretty good in recent weeks.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I appreciated Flannos involvement in two tries, the pass under pressure to Kiraz with Sivo steaming onto him, and being the 3rd man backing up and getting a quick pass to GOAT Burton.

He was also solid in defence.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I appreciated Flannos involvement in two tries, the pass under pressure to Kiraz with Sivo steaming onto him, and being the 3rd man backing up and getting a quick pass to GOAT Burton.

He was also solid in defence.
Dont worry about the pass... he set that whole play up.. thats what a true half does and he is doing the job. Not worth 450k but if he can start putting in decent kicks he will definitely consolidate his spot.

Snackdoogie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Have to say out of a good lot yesterday Flanagan still didn't look great. I did see moments of organisation and trying to steer the ship but when he had to execute with the ball in hand or foot it was not there. It still looks as though he is short on that confidence. He needs to dig deep to find some form otherwise he wont be making a name for himself in the NRL.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
JMKs slow service pisses me off, but his defence is good and I guess he is reliable. Probably could have been a great option at 14 for us in 2023 if the shitty Dolphins were stupidly added to the comp.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brave thread… lol

You can’t say the ‘gun has been decent here…. Even though it’s the truth. It goes against the kennel narrative.

You’re spot on though. They’ve all been pretty good in recent weeks.
Always tell it how it is... ;) Your still shit but u can keep your spot for now.