Opinion Credit where credits due!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As the title says, well done boys. Despite the fact that channel 9 commentators refused to actually admit or say it, we played a bloody good game yesterday!!!!

We looked hungry, energetic in defense, and willing to chance our hand in attack. Our line speed was fantastic in that first 30 and we pressured the sharks into making mistakes.

We seemed to play hot potato footy, but the passes stuck and we looked very good in attack. Even after Forans injury we still played off the cuff, albeit we turned it down a notch.

Jackson had his best game of the year, as did lichaa and hoppa. Jackson was rushing out of the line, but his tackles were actually sticking and shutting down plays. Lichaa sacked the dh twice, and despite a few small errors he directed play well and tightened up the middle third in defense. While Hoppa scored a fantastic try and was very willing all game, making plenty of tough runs and at times slotting in at fb it seemed.

Coggers kicking game was fantastic, and he found grass on almost every long kick, DWZ was solid, and made a couple of good runs, and despite his one dropped ball he added value. CHN was also good. Tolman busted his arse all day and made plenty of post contact metres as well.

Basically every player in the team played to their ability and defended to the death, and even our much maligned players like Elliot, Montoya and Sue had good games. Especially Sue!

Sure the commentators didn't praise us, they only criticized Cronula for their poor performance, but that was a very tough faught win. To score less tries and still win was very bulldog like.

Even Pay should get a bit of praise for getting the team up after the bye. Perhaps rep round was just what some of the players needed, take Wakeham for example.

Well done boys!! DOGS ARE HAVING A PARTY AND THE SHARKS ARE IN THE BIN.

Pss, so are the Gronkos, Cowboys and Titans!!! Lol

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As the title says, well done boys. Despite the fact that channel 9 commentators refused to actually admit or say it, we played a bloody good game yesterday!!!!

We looked hungry, energetic in defense, and willing to chance our hand in attack. Our line speed was fantastic in that first 30 and we pressured the sharks into making mistakes.

We seemed to play hot potato footy, but the passes stuck and we looked very good in attack. Even after Forans injury we still played off the cuff, albeit we turned it down a notch.

Jackson had his best game of the year, as did lichaa and hoppa. Jackson was rushing out of the line, but his tackles were actually sticking and shutting down plays. Lichaa sacked the dh twice, and despite a few small errors he directed play well and tightened up the middle third in defense. While Hoppa scored a fantastic try and was very willing all game, making plenty of tough runs and at times slotting in at fb it seemed.

Coggers kicking game was fantastic, and he found grass on almost every long kick, DWZ was solid, and made a couple of good runs, and despite his one dropped ball he added value. CHN was also good. Tolman busted his arse all day and made plenty of post contact metres as well.

Basically every player in the team played to their ability and defended to the death, and even our much maligned players like Elliot, Montoya and Sue had good games. Especially Sue!

Sure the commentators didn't praise us, they only criticized Cronula for their poor performance, but that was a very tough faught win. To score less tries and still win was very bulldog like.

Even Pay should get a bit of praise for getting the team up after the bye. Perhaps rep round was just what some of the players needed, take Wakeham for example.

Yes it was an improved performance well done boys especially hanging in their for their win

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Good post, I think we would of put on more points if Foran had stayed on.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post, I think we would of put on more points if Foran had stayed on.
Agreed, when he has played this year, he has been our best or just about our best player in every game - I hope he is ok.

It wasn't the prettiest win after our 2 tries were scored but I am glad we had the resolve to hold on to the win.
Well done.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed, when he has played this year, he has been our best or just about our best player in every game - I hope he is ok.

It wasn't the prettiest win after our 2 tries were scored but I am glad we had the resolve to hold on to the win.
Well done.
yep and we also a bit of luck at the end there when Cronulla put that kick in last thing and Hopoate tried to knock the ball out and it hit the legs of a Cronulla player and bounced back Tolman was actually there to fall on the ball!! 9 out of 10 times in the last three seasons that would have been an opposition player to claim an easy try.

Malla

Reaction score
yep and we also a bit of luck at the end there when Cronulla put that kick in last thing and Hopoate tried to knock the ball out and it hit the legs of a Cronulla player and bounced back Tolman was actually there to fall on the ball!! 9 out of 10 times in the last three seasons that would have been an opposition player to claim an easy try.
I thought this evened out the ledger. Both Sharks tries should were on the back of very lucky calls - the first being the strip called on Sue where Woods clearly knocked it on. The Johnson try was absolutely bogus - even if you wanted to call a strip on CHN, Nikora had another swipe at the ball and he knocked it on. Should not have been called a try.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a good effort last night something thats been missing in recent weeks. I left there a happy doggies supporter to win both games

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought this evened out the ledger. Both Sharks tries should were on the back of very lucky calls - the first being the strip called on Sue where Woods clearly knocked it on. The Johnson try was absolutely bogus - even if you wanted to call a strip on CHN, Nikora had another swipe at the ball and he knocked it on. Should not have been called a try.
oh totally agree, but my point is that when your team is playing like crap the rub of the green never seems to go your way either. Yesterday it evened out a bit plus as you say thay Cronulla try should never have been given.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That last 2 minutes sharks got lucky to even get the opportunity to run the length, you hardly ever see a stop with the foot then open space.

It would have been a nasty way to lose as that long run came not from our lack of chasers on the kick but the total opposite! We had a line of chasers coming through, I guess that's the kind of luck you get when on bottom of the ladder.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That last 2 minutes sharks got lucky to even get the opportunity to run the length, you hardly ever see a stop with the foot then open space.

It would have been a nasty way to lose as that long run came not from our lack of chasers on the kick but the total opposite! We had a line of chasers coming through, I guess that's the kind of luck you get when on bottom of the ladder.
The line of chasers which was great to see was in my view their will to win yesterday. They played well enough to make sharks look bad glad they turned up to play.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Well done.
The fact that it wasn't pretty was half the beauty. We stuck in there till the very last play.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the boys played for each other but pay still needs to go, nothing's changed on that front

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a good effort last night something thats been missing in recent weeks. I left there a happy doggies supporter to win both games
Great effort I thought. It's like rep round might have been the tonic we needed. I'm sure that all of the players involved benefited from being amongst top players and being in a different environment.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
oh totally agree, but my point is that when your team is playing like crap the rub of the green never seems to go your way either. Yesterday it evened out a bit plus as you say thay Cronulla try should never have been given.
And not just that, the commentators seem shaped by the same mentality as they barely handed our team a single compliment the entire game. Stereo almost gave us one, but otherwise they would just criticize cronulla every time one of our boys made a good run, put in a good kick or s ored a try.
Imo we strangled their attack and caused mistakes. But in their opinion cronula were terrible.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The line of chasers which was great to see was in my view their will to win yesterday. They played well enough to make sharks look bad glad they turned up to play.
Great line speed for the first 30, and great scramble for the rest of the game.
We missed plenty of tackles, but the ones that matter stuck!