Credit to Deano

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair point though it still doesn't change the fact that we still can't perform when it matters. And don't say it matters now when the season is done and dusted for us...the quality of NRL sides are crap and a few better performances early on could've made a big difference to how our season turned out.
I agree, I cast my mind back to when we played Manly and the Raiders. On both occasions both teams had about six players out. And they were key players. They were there for the taking and we missed out. If we had showed the same determination and grit as we have shown over the last 5 weeks apart from the Broncos game that’s an extra 4 competition points and we would be sniffing around the eight on 18 points with 5 games remaining. It would of been a great improvement on last year and we could of said the team is improving and building and moving forward without Klemmer and the Morris boys.

For all those wanting Pay sacked this year. It’s not going to happen. An inside tip is that he will be coach to start the 2020 season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree, I cast my mind back to when we played Manly and the Raiders. On both occasions both teams had about six players out. And they were key players. They were there for the taking and we missed out. If we had showed the same determination and grit as we have shown over the last 5 weeks apart from the Broncos game that’s an extra 4 competition points and we would be sniffing around the eight on 18 points with 5 games remaining. It would of been a great improvement on last year and we could of said the team is improving and building and moving forward without Klemmer and the Morris boys.

For all those wanting Pay sacked this year. It’s not going to happen. An inside tip is that he will be coach to start the 2020 season.
Yup. No doubt Pay will be here, certain people wouldn't allow it to be any other way. Let's hope the rumoured change to the backroom staff helps and we actually get pre season right for once.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I mentioned months ago on TK the Board wanted Pay and that was reliable. The boards focus is our cap and Getting Quality players. Their plan is well and truly in motion and look forward now to some good future signings. The Coach has not been on their agenda.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned months ago on TK the Board wanted Pay and that was reliable. The boards focus is our cap and Getting Quality players. Their plan is well and truly in motion and look forward now to some good future signings. The Coach has not been on their agenda.
You’re 100% on the money Bull Terrier with that info.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

No matter what the inside info is, the criticism about pay has always been fair, and proves that the board don't care about that, all they care about is taking care of a mate instead of results

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What happens if we get said players and pay struggles again and we waste even more time, we've missed the finals 3 years in a row and we've been shit for like 6 seasons now

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No matter what the inside info is, the criticism about pay has always been fair, and proves that the board don't care about that, all they care about is taking care of a mate instead of results
I didn’t say the criticism about Pay wasn’t fair.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happens if we get said players and pay struggles again and we waste even more time, we've missed the finals 3 years in a row and we've been shit for like 6 seasons now
If everyone in this world based all their decisions on “what if’s” there would be no advancement in anything.

If we get decent players it would be most probable that we’d be 3 or 4 wins better than we are now and in the eight even with Pay as coach. But it would be highly unlikely winning a premiership with Pay as coach. Just calling it for what it is. I would never let my personal agenda get in the way of my comments.

With no disrespect to you or anyone on this forum, but there is nothing more annoying than reading the same narrative over and over again. There are some on this forum who actually call it for what it is and make reading very enjoyable.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pat hasn’t been perfect, sure. But why are people acting surprised we haven’t had results?
The plan was ALWAYS to look ahead to 2021. They ALWAYS said that there was salary cap troubles in 2020. They all but said anything but last is a bonus.
My criticism of Pay is he signed Lichaa and ruined Holland. Nothing more.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This rebuild is not about a Coach only its about a club. I am not giving an opinion just stating the facts.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last night was a good win against a side that has been pretty ordinary this year considering their roster, and my expectations of this team have fallen so low that a performance that I would have once considered normal is now exceptional.The fact that we have to get three quarters of the way through a season before we start to play some football is a direct result of poor coaching in the last two seasons. We will be stuck with pay next year I just hope he sorts out the pre season and has this side ready to win some games early but I doubt it. Having said all that it’s great to take another step away from the spoon

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pat hasn’t been perfect, sure. But why are people acting surprised we haven’t had results?
The plan was ALWAYS to look ahead to 2021. They ALWAYS said that there was salary cap troubles in 2020. They all but said anything but last is a bonus.
My criticism of Pay is he signed Lichaa and ruined Holland. Nothing more.
Assassin here.

Who is Pat? :p

Assassin.