Craig Laundy on 2gb

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You've kinda pointed out the problem. If Lynn goes down, no one will ever know for certain if she got taken down for good reasons, or if too many members got influenced by the muck.
What would be good, and powerful to our club, would be for as many as possible bulldogs fans and members As possible etc to turn Up to Belmore to greet TBaz on his first day on the job, everyone decked out in the blue and white with posters, banners and what not, to show a unified front to really get behind him and the board and show our full confidence in them in what they are about to embark on. I think they need it and it would lift spirits and show we are behind what they are heading into.
Can we lobby to make this happen?
Flood Belmore with the support to lift our leaders.
This would be a great start. They will want to know we are behind them and we are trusting and supporting them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What would be good, and powerful to our club, would be for as many as possible bulldogs fans and members As possible etc to turn Up to Belmore to greet TBaz on his first day on the job, everyone decked out in the blue and white with posters, banners and what not, to show a unified front to really get behind him and the board and show our full confidence in them in what they are about to embark on. I think they need it and it would lift spirits and show we are behind what they are heading into.
This would be a great start. They will want to know we are behind them and we are trusting and supporting them.
No lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably fair enough in the sense that it is hard to withdraw support for something unless you give it in the first place.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apart from today’s interview,he hasn’t spoken,so what is your point,?
Stu spoke about getting SBW here a few weeks ago then there was Arthur saying he was going bush last week so that isn’t true at all about them not speaking apart from today.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All I hear from the usual posters how the board have done a good job the last 3 years with absolutely nothing to show for it
They never made any promise of any form of short term on-field (2018-2020) success mate. They were voted in after being completely transparent on this front.

They’ve made big strides in the areas that they did promise to improve such as improving the junior systems/networks, salary cap management, governance, accountability and culture.

They did however vow to deliver a plan that would produce a sharp improvement in on-field performances from 2021 onwards. If that doesn’t eventuate then by all means start asking questions.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well what’s Laundy done so far to get any positive comments? He hasn’t given the club a cent as it stands. My opinion will change when there’s more action and less talking.
Hard not to be wary about a billion dollar pub baron and his politician son around a successful corp like Canterbury...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah he made his position clear yesterday there wasn’t a need to do it again.

He’s just adding fuel to the fire with the whole situation. He wouldn’t have been interviewed this afternoon if it wasn’t for the Dogs.
We’ve played almost the whole season without a major sponsor, one finally jumps on board and people on here are already turning against them without being able to offer a practical alternative.

I’d say the Laundys are closer to the board and able to make a more accurate appraisal than some of the armchair critics here.....

Also, if you’re believing unsubstantiated media reports claiming we got the short end of the stick with this sponsorship deal, I think you’re a bit naive. We played most of the year without a major sponsor and Laundy Hotels jumped on board during what has been a very poor season from us. As far as I’m concerned, we’re lucky to have a major sponsor. If the deal favoured the business as much as some are implying, we would not have had such a hard time getting a deal done.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Spoonman, July 2020:
I’d also like to see some fresh blood with genuine corporate connections to the big end of town. It’s probably a pipe dream as there’s so many hurdles to get over for this to become a reality.

You asked for it and you’ve got it Spoonman. Yet you’re now all worked up and having another whinge all because of a Buzz Drunkfield article on the matter. Whinge for the sake of whingeing as usual.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spoonman, July 2020:

You asked for it and you’ve got it Spoonman. Yet you’re now all worked up and having another whinge all because of a Buzz Drunkfield article on the matter. Whinge for the sake of whingeing as usual.
Clutching at straws with no substance behind your argument but it’s not surprising. Just because you want to think Laundy is going to be our Politis doesn’t mean it’s a reality.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stu spoke about getting SBW here a few weeks ago then there was Arthur saying he was going bush last week so that isn’t true at all about them not speaking apart from today.
Stu...? really. He is a rooster and a knob. SBW? Faaaaaark. Arthur? different story altogether and worth listening to.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing on this.

Did Arthur actually say he was going bush? Were there quotes on that? Or was it again media spin? Think it was the latter from memory.

Agree with what was said about SBW though. They've definitely been more vocal than previous sponsors as far as I can remember ... but again, is that a bad thing in these times?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing on this.

Did Arthur actually say he was going bush? Were there quotes on that? Or was it again media spin? Think it was the latter from memory.

Agree with what was said about SBW though. They've definitely been more vocal than previous sponsors as far as I can remember ... but again, is that a bad thing in these times?
Well it’s already causing concern with other long standing sponsors. They are wondering why they don’t get that level of input too.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz, you can like who you want
I do and as you know I can even acknowledge you in the middle of a slanging match and give credit where its due.. But you and Alex the Country/History fluid and the odd johnny come lately are losing the plot.

Take a pill..