Craig Laundy on 2gb

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why? Laundy didn't exactly shut all that talk down if anything he confirms its a shit fight behind the scenes.
Because it proves that any media muck talking about Lynne about to resign (or re-sign as one paper laughably put it), or get sacked, or that the Laundy's are going to leave if she doesn't, has all been rebutted by direct interview. What Laundy said directly on the radio just now stands as superior evidence concerning where they stand on the current matter, and as superior evidence concerning what Lynne intends to do, than any newspaper article that offers no proof whatsoever.

So I'm asking the mods, respectfully, to get rid of the muck.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Says people have been agitating behind the scenes for 15 years at the bulldogs.

kept talking about his old man, how he was involved with signing Adam Elliott and going out and seeing players.

Obviously a staunch supporter of the people on the board above the club. Spoke about Lynne continuously.

Said they would walk away if they didn’t like the people on the board.
Was involved in re-signing Elliott also, pushed the club to up their offer to retain him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He just regurgitating pretty much everything he said in that article yesterday so it was free publicity at the clubs expense once again. He even managed to get in the political bastardry line again.
How is it at the clubs expense?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He just regurgitating pretty much everything he said in that article yesterday so it was pretty much free publicity at the clubs expense. He even managed to get in the political bastardry line again.
Clearly you don't like Laundy, which is fine as everyone has their own opinions.

Just wondering why the negative spin on what he's said?

His previous comments were twisted by the media to say that he's threatening to walk away from the club. He corrected that seemingly to say he'll stick by the club as long as there are the right people there.

It was stated in the media that he had had enough of the current board. He's correcting that to say he's really happy with their work.

It was speculated in the media that he was behind the potential 'coup' to remove the board members and to come into power himself. Seemingly he's laid that to rest.

Not sure why the negativity towards him talking. Weren't you saying only yesterday that people should come out and clear things up more? He's doing that, isn't he?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because it proves that any media muck talking about Lynne about to resign (or re-sign as one paper laughably put it), or get sacked, or that the Laundy's are going to leave if she doesn't, has all been rebutted by direct interview. What Laundy said directly on the radio just now stands as superior evidence concerning where they stand on the current matter, and as superior evidence concerning what Lynne intends to do, than any newspaper article that offers no proof whatsoever.

So I'm asking the mods, respectfully, to get rid of the muck.
So are we going to get a running commentary from the Laundy’s in the media over every issue at the club now? It should be up the club to be making statements about facts over an issue like this not a sponsor.

I’ll respectfully say as a mod those threads stay until there’s some direct clarification from the club not a sponsor milking publicity.

Raging Bull

Waterboy
Reaction score
I reckon she's told the d7%kheads pushing the EGM that they are not leaving until they can handpick replacements. You can't just hand over the ransom demand to the kidnappers. You need to make sure they don't get what they want while still killing off the stupid EGM.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re right, sadly the power play goes on.

It really wasn’t necessary for him to go on radio and say this, being a former politician he should realise these things do more harm than good.

No one except the clubs detractors will take delight in this.
Someone has to get on the front foot because there has been radio silence and we are copping a kicking.

Also, he is not in the eye of the storm so he can advocate at arms length

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clearly you don't like Laundy, which is fine as everyone has their own opinions.

Just wondering why the negative spin on what he's said?

His previous comments were twisted by the media to say that he's threatening to walk away from the club. He corrected that seemingly to say he'll stick by the club as long as there are the right people there.

It was stated in the media that he had had enough of the current board. He's correcting that to say he's really happy with their work.

It was speculated in the media that he was behind the potential 'coup' to remove the board members and to come into power himself. Seemingly he's laid that to rest.

Not sure why the negativity towards him talking. Weren't you saying only yesterday that people should come out and clear things up more? He's doing that, isn't he?
I have no problem with Laundy I just don’t like the fact they are so quick to run to the media about issues they should be taking up with the club.

Every time someone speaks to media there’s a chance it gets twisted that’s why it should be kept to a minimum.

Of course I want people to come out and clear things up. That should be coming from the club not a sponsor.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully this forces the gutless/faceless minority to announce who they are putting forward. Laundy’s are clearly not a fan of them either. They belong in the Labor party. It sounds like if they win and get positions we lose the sponsorship and possibly Barrett. Great work power hungry ego maniacs

Raging Bull

Waterboy
Reaction score
Someone has to get on the front foot because there has been radio silence and we are copping a kicking.

Also, he is not in the eye of the storm so he can advocate at arms length
He is just delivering a message to those behind the EGM that they either cop whatever is being put to them to kill it off or they will be outed as being responsible for $XM walking out the gate.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have no problem with Laundy I just don’t like the fact they are so quick to run to the media about issues they should be taking up with the club.

Every time someone speaks to media there’s a chance it gets twisted that’s why it should be kept to a minimum.

Of course I want people to come out and clear things up. That should be coming from the club not a sponsor.
See what you're saying and do agree that having a sponsor so involved in the current climate is ... different? to what I expected. However, I'm not sure yet whether it's a negative thing or not.

Let's say this whole EGM thing is real. What is the club obliged to do? I read somewhere they've got 22 days to check the signatures for validity etc. Then set up the meeting etc.

Would their silence be because of this process? Are there procedures in place where they can't comment on the proposed EGM until it's 'validated'?

Either way, having a powerful sponsor be your mouthpiece deflects a lot away from you. No?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So are we going to get a running commentary from the Laundy’s in the media over every issue at the club now?
Your logical fallacy is the slippery slope. Of course they aren't going to, and speculation that they might certainly doesn't prove they shouldn't speak up on the current matter.

It should be up the club to be making statements about facts over an issue like this not a sponsor.
Given the Laundy's have been mentioned in relation to speculation over board room dramas (alleged), it is entirely appropriate for them to speak up.

I’ll respectfully say as a mod those threads stay until there’s some direct clarification from the club not a sponsor milking publicity.
You are attributing motivation to Laundy of "milking publicity", without proof. You've assumed this is what he did by going on the radio, however alternative explanations exist and are a better match for the facts of the case, i.e., he went to the radio because that cuts out the journalists who are regurgitating the words of the faceless, and because newspaper reports this week have been conflicting and confusing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
See what you're saying and do agree that having a sponsor so involved in the current climate is ... different? to what I expected. However, I'm not sure yet whether it's a negative thing or not.

Let's say this whole EGM thing is real. What is the club obliged to do? I read somewhere they've got 22 days to check the signatures for validity etc. Then set up the meeting etc.

Would their silence be because of this process? Are there procedures in place where they can't comment on the proposed EGM until it's 'validated'?

Either way, having a powerful sponsor be your mouthpiece deflects a lot away from you. No?
It just looks weak to me at a time the club is crying out for direct and powerful leadership. Laundy has been here for 5 mins and it looks like they are running the joint from a media perspective.

I doubt there is anything stopping the club from providing a statement or some clarity.

That interview just fans the flames more then hoses them down.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your logical fallacy is the slippery slope. Of course they aren't going to, and speculation that they might certainly doesn't prove they shouldn't speak up on the current matter.

Given the Laundy's have been mentioned in relation to speculation over board room dramas (alleged), it is entirely appropriate for them to speak up.

You are attributing motivation to Laundy of "milking publicity", without proof. You've assumed this is what he did by going on the radio, however alternative explanations exist and are a better match for the facts of the case, i.e., he went to the radio because that cuts out the journalists who are regurgitating the words of the faceless, and because newspaper reports this week have been conflicting and confusing.
Well they have already set a precedence that they are going to be very vocal in the media in a very short time.

I honestly think that interview did nothing to end the speculation it only added fuel to the situation. Unless you listened to the interview other media outlets are just going to spin their way anyway.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It just looks weak to me at a time the club is crying out for direct and powerful leadership. Laundy has been here for 5 mins and it looks like they are running the joint from a media perspective.

I doubt there is anything stopping the club from providing a statement or some clarity.

That interview just fans the flames more then hoses them down.
It's all about opinions.

What I can say from my side is that Laundy's 3 sentences which he said on the matter were completely twisted and skewed to suit agendas by the media and many on here. I think he said very little wrong yesterday, but somehow the majority were able to alter what he said to get their own points across.

As you say, by speaking so much it gives people fuel to attack with so I agree on that side.

but surely him coming out today and simply re-emphasising his commitment to the Dogs, and in particular the current board is a good thing? IF anything is shows those pushing for an EGM the truth about him.

I'm sure the board will comment on this in due course, but within a day this supposed 'coup' has been made out to look like a rabble. The reality is, they're the ones pushing for this board to be changed so they should at least reveal who they are and what their plans are.

Dunn said exactly that a few days ago from memory. What has changed in the last few days where the club have to make an official comment?

It's on this faction to show their face now so we can get real with whatever's going on. The board can't do shit really until they do that. Can they?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's all about opinions.

What I can say from my side is that Laundy's 3 sentences which he said on the matter were completely twisted and skewed to suit agendas by the media and many on here. I think he said very little wrong yesterday, but somehow the majority were able to alter what he said to get their own points across.

As you say, by speaking so much it gives people fuel to attack with so I agree on that side.

but surely him coming out today and simply re-emphasising his commitment to the Dogs, and in particular the current board is a good thing? IF anything is shows those pushing for an EGM the truth about him.

I'm sure the board will comment on this in due course, but within a day this supposed 'coup' has been made out to look like a rabble. The reality is, they're the ones pushing for this board to be changed so they should at least reveal who they are and what their plans are.

Dunn said exactly that a few days ago from memory. What has changed in the last few days where the club have to make an official comment?

It's on this faction to show their face now so we can get real with whatever's going on. The board can't do shit really until they do that. Can they?
As I said in the previous post unless you were listening to that interview it’s going to be twisted once other media outlets report it. He’s entitled to speak his opinion I just don’t think that interview was needed this afternoon. Look at his quotes yesterday and today they are pretty much the same it didn’t change a thing.

Well reports of 3 members standing down is a pretty big change in my opinion. Yes it came from Rothfield but it’s something that has to be addressed especially when they have addressed ridiculous rumours in the past.

If Anderson came out and made a strong statement telling this rebel group to come out of the shadows it would be a great leadership the fact that she doesn’t invites speculation on why she hasn’t.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said in the previous post unless you were listening to that interview it’s going to be twisted once other media outlets report it. He’s entitled to speak his opinion I just don’t think that interview was needed this afternoon. Look at his quotes yesterday and today they are pretty much the same it didn’t change a thing.

Well reports of 3 members standing down is a pretty big change in my opinion. Yes it came from Rothfield but it’s something that has to be addressed especially when they have addressed ridiculous rumours in the past.

If Anderson came out and made a strong statement telling this rebel group to come out of the shadows it would be a great leadership the fact that she doesn’t invites speculation on why she hasn’t.
Good points. Personally I can see both sides on this.

Understand what you're saying about Anderson coming out with a strong statement, but perhaps it's best to do that when you have all the information in front of you?

Either way, I expect things to come to a head soon as the club can't continue on like this. These 'silent antagonisers' need to step forward and lay out their plans otherwise they'll never get any support from members at the proposed EGM.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Craig Laundy saying they back the board, they’ve done good work over ‘a couple of tough years’ and a ‘faceless crew’ try to disrupt the good work. Finally: ‘We want to be involved with this club for the rest of our lives’. Go Craig!
Get stuffed faceless dissenters! :-).
Hope this puts all the rubbish articles to bed. Now let's get on with it.