Craig Gower to be charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just watching the sunrise program and they said Craig Gower looks like being charged with assault over the incident at a nightclub in Sydney.
This man is a serial offender lets see what the NRL do about him this time - I'm guessing nothing!!!

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea not much will be done to him..

if he played for the bulldogs it'd be a different story though.

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I read the article in today's SMH. I'm going the other way to you, Janice. Leave the poor bloke alone. Just because he can catch a footy he's supposed to be a role model for society? Please.....So he got on the drink and carried on like a clown. Big deal. The charge of assault he has to now defend in court is for tackling some guy....not even a punch thrown.

If you're looking at rugby league for role models you need your head checked. Sure, admire them for their on field abilities.....but that's about it!

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
craig gowers the last person to look up to

i wouldn't look up to anyone that comes from colyton as a role model

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully this will put him off his game tonight.

Starrdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I read the article in today's SMH. I'm going the other way to you, Janice. Leave the poor bloke alone. Just because he can catch a footy he's supposed to be a role model for society? Please.....So he got on the drink and carried on like a clown. Big deal. The charge of assault he has to now defend in court is for tackling some guy....not even a punch thrown.

If you're looking at rugby league for role models you need your head checked. Sure, admire them for their on field abilities.....but that's about it!
Easy bro, Wether they like or not they are role models. If guy's like Haz, Widders and The Beaver can excellant role models why can't the next bloke. I know they're not all that cleaver but fair dinkem.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just hope it dosn't inspire him to have a blinder tonight.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should look at the effect Gower has on young kids who see his antics.

Every weekend you see young kids with SBW hair cuts trying to put on big shoulders in junior games. These same kids will look at Gower and think he is cool.

Regardless of what Gower thinks he IS a role model to thousands and should grow up and start showing future stars how to act like an adult. And the sooner clubs get rid of alcohol culture in the clubs the better.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
imagine if it was willie mason. He'd never see the NRL again

Starrdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should look at the effect Gower has on young kids who see his antics.

Every weekend you see young kids with SBW hair cuts trying to put on big shoulders in junior games. These same kids will look at Gower and think he is cool.

Regardless of what Gower thinks he IS a role model to thousands and should grow up and start showing future stars how to act like an adult. And the sooner clubs get rid of alcohol culture in the clubs the better.
Some wise words Bro. Very good advice for young people in general not just sports people in the media

NoFear-We'reBULLDOGS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whether he's an NRL player or not, he has the same responsibilities as every other member of society to act decently. That goes for any footy player. Some of these guys think that because they're a name they can do what they like. Craig Gower needs to learn that him and drink aren't good friends. He's a senior player who should be able to show some sense of control. I understand that sometimes these things happen and some people will bait, but he's becoming a serial pest to his club and the game. He needs to own that and stop putting himself in that situation. Most of the players can behave responsibly, the others have no right to be any different.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
I hope he gets charged. He is a bug and needs to be irradicated!.

Status
Not open for further replies.