Craig Field released from jail: Former NRL star and convicted killer breaks silence in exclusive interview

Malla

Reaction score
Kind of annoyed me that this comes off as a huge a plug for himself to be a mentor for troubled players more than anything else. I don't begrudge him wanting to get his life back on track. But he's very focused on that as opposed to being apologetic to the family of the victim.
Absolutely

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't speak to this case specifically, but commonly the victims family are consulted on early releases and parole. If they object strongly then the early release and or parole can be denied. Without doubt he will have gone through the usual protocols in regards to remorse, contrition etc which often includes the victim's family.

Always a Bulldog

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No its not. You just don't have the capacity to understand it, and think that everything is black and white.
You're just a athletic piece of shit who not only excused Fields behaviour but justified it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're just a athletic piece of shit who not only excused Fields behaviour but justified it.
What? Where the fuck do you get off talking shit like that? You are just a fucking child who doesn't understand how the world works yet. You will grow up on day though. Perhaps not.
I didnt justify his actions, nor defend it. I simply stated he is not a murderer. Courts the world over agree. He didn't intend to kill the guy is all I said. It was a fight gone wrong. Pure and simple. You just can't get this through your head it seems.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can u have remorse if u were to off ya head to even know u done it. Serious question, I’ve been told u can’t.
I think so? Years ago when I was a kid my parents went away for the week with my sister and it was just me at home. I got really high and accidentally ate a week's worth of food in two days. That was pain. I felt great remorse.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think so? Years ago when I was a kid my parents went away for the week with my sister and it was just me at home. I got really high and accidentally ate a week's worth of food in two days. That was pain. I felt great remorse.
Interesting story. I was thinking of wen younger, waking up next to a big fatty broomsticks. As I couldn’t remember doing anything, my remorse wasn’t there. More confused if anything.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Interesting story. I was thinking of wen younger, waking up next to a big fatty broomsticks. As I couldn’t remember doing anything, my remorse wasn’t there. More confused if anything.
Must've enjoyed it ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fatty broomstick? Most broomsticks I've meet where skinny AF :p

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
any port in a storm

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
People give it to him, but can you honestly say you have never thrown a punch in your life?? If you can honestly say that you never have then I'd be surprised. This is all he actually did. Tragically, it was a punch that took a life, and this can never be undone. But he didn't have intent to kill. Its not like he stabbed the guy, or shot him.
Get off your righteous soapboxes.
I’ve had a very similar situation where the guy wasn’t looking good. I didn’t do gaol for it because thank Christ and every other god out there he was okay but it was a drunken stupid 23 year old dumb **** fight and he actually hit me first but yep this can happen and AND I will say and more than claim this after my experience I was saying maybe 5 years before that campaign it’s not a King hit it’s a coward punch..

I don’t know this situation but mine was just a punch on that I should have walked away from and didn’t and I did get hit first but I hit the bloke and he didn’t get up and almost died so yeah

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve had a very similar situation where the guy wasn’t looking good. I didn’t do gaol for it because thank Christ and every other god out there he was okay but it was a drunken stupid 23 year old dumb **** fight and he actually hit me first but yep this can happen and AND I will say and more than claim this after my experience I was saying maybe 5 years before that campaign it’s not a King hit it’s a coward punch..

I don’t know this situation but mine was just a punch on that I should have walked away from and didn’t and I did get hit first but I hit the bloke and he didn’t get up and almost died so yeah
Thats what i mean hey. I dont know the ins and outs of exactly what happened with Craig Field, but it was quite simply a punch gone wrong.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8 years for killing someone , seems very light on to me! now he wants to help others WTF.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
8 years for killing someone , seems very light on to me! now he wants to help others WTF.
Compared to what may end up 11 years in Norway where Anders Breivik killed 77 people by exploding a bomb outside the Norwegian PM's office and then opening fire at a youth summer camp.

Always a Bulldog

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
So many harsh critics in here.

Let me say this......he was a wanker when he was playing and has no one to blame for what happened. But if he is rehabilitated then time away incarcerated has done its job and he deserves a second chance. Nothing can be done for the other family. It's horrible he died and Craig has to live with that for the rest of his life but he has done his time and deserves a chance to make something of his self.