Status
Not open for further replies.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Cowboys hold off signing players

JOSH ALSTON

15Apr08

THE North Queensland Cowboys will continue with their wait-and-see policy before re-signing any of their 12 off-contract players.

Chief executive Peter Parr said the club was focused on its retention-first policy yesterday but added players would need to prove their worth before being offered new deals.

High-profile players Carl Webb, Steve Southern, Jacob Lillyman, Sione Faumuina, Justin Smith, Mark Henry, Sam Faust and Ben Harris are all off-contract at season's end.

The club has an option on Ben Farrar in their favour.

"We'll be sitting down over the coming weeks and assessing everyone's form and having a look at our playing roster," Parr said.

"I haven't discussed it with anybody at the moment."

Harris joined the Cowboys on a one-year deal after returning to the NRL from England.

Parr said the short-term arrangement was at Harris' request and there was no way of telling if his contract would be extended five games into the season.

"That was all his manager requested, when we spoke about Ben he was clear he only wanted to sign a one-year deal," Parr said.

Prop Webb has been linked to the Bulldogs with the Sydney-based club making an offer last month.

But in a boost for the Cowboys, Webb expressed a desire to extend his three-year stay in the North before the season started.

The Queensland Origin rep has made a destructive return to form in recent weeks.

When asked if the club was any closer to signing the prop Parr said `Not at this stage, NO'.

Interesting i think they are waiting for Reni.
Big chance of signing Carl.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

harris would be great for us i think they should hold off until we can steal some players.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Harris was one of my favourite players while he was at the dogs, crunching defence and reliable player but he left us at difficult time.

Im undecided if I want management to sign him up again but he has gained more experience in his time in england.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Harris was a good defender, but he wasnt a big attacking weapon who could split a game open with some attacking brilliance.
I would pass on Harris, and the club wont go after him after he let us down asking for a release when we needed him most

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I woud prefer that Faumuina (I am the founder of the NQ Branch of the FOFF on LU) and Webb go...Don't particularly like either

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
Harris was a good defender, but he wasnt a big attacking weapon who could split a game open with some attacking brilliance.
I would pass on Harris, and the club wont go after him after he let us down asking for a release when we needed him most
tbh its a brand new board and u never know

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Yeah let's go after Harris! We need more boring, solid players.

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he left cause he couldnt really get a spot in first grade, at the time we had tonga and vagana maybe i cant remember?

greatwaite

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i remeber wen the dogs made harris rubbish and put him in the 2nd row instead of centre MASSIVE mistake

Mo_Idriss

MeaN MachinE
Reaction score
i wish we sign Carl Webb... he is a farking machine.... i want him to smash Mason

J

Johnno

i wish we sign Carl Webb... he is a farking machine.... i want him to smash Mason
Get a grip mate is that why you want Webb signed ffs, forget about the other 24 games in the season as long as he smashes mason you are happy?
What the fuk is wrong with you people

Status
Not open for further replies.