Cowboys consider offer for Carney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
North Queensland are considering handing Todd Carney an NRL lifeline, weighing up offering the controversial playmaker a one-season contract.

The 31-year-old signed late last year for Cairns-based Queensland Cup side Northern Pride, who are a feeder club to the Cowboys, but is desperate for a return to the top grade.

The NRL integrity unit will have the final say as to whether any contract for the former Canberra, Sydney Roosters and Cronulla star will be registered.

"The Cowboys have made the first step, they have lodged the contract so we will see what happens when they assess it," Northern Pride CEO Greg Dowling told News Corp.

"You never know what the NRL decides. I'm hoping they don't knock it back but there is always that possibility."

The Cowboys offered no comment when asked to confirm the reports, but coach Paul Green is due to speak to media later on Tuesday when he names his round-one team.

Carney, a Dally M medal winner in 2010, hasn't played in the NRL since 2014 after he was sacked for the infamous 'bubbler' incident.

Terrorise a family, the nrl takes you with open arms! Trying to drink your own piss, the NRL needs to think whether or not you can come back!!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why? They have Temaire Martin who can’t even get a start

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of clubs should take a punt on him tbh, but doesn’t make much sense for the cowboys.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of clubs should take a punt on him tbh, but doesn’t make much sense for the cowboys.
I agree he would be a handy pickup, and could be the difference between making finals or missing out!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He will fuck up again. Townsville is just a hotter version of Canberra

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know he wouldnt be getting much and everyone goes on about the roosters with salary cap but the cowboys are the ones im surprised dont get more scrutiny with 3 x million dollar players and keep signing players

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know he wouldnt be getting much and everyone goes on about the roosters with salary cap but the cowboys are the ones im surprised dont get more scrutiny with 3 x million dollar players and keep signing players
Testimonial money easing cap pressure id say... kinda fucked up imo

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
North Queensland are considering handing Todd Carney an NRL lifeline, weighing up offering the controversial playmaker a one-season contract.

The 31-year-old signed late last year for Cairns-based Queensland Cup side Northern Pride, who are a feeder club to the Cowboys, but is desperate for a return to the top grade.

The NRL integrity unit will have the final say as to whether any contract for the former Canberra, Sydney Roosters and Cronulla star will be registered.

"The Cowboys have made the first step, they have lodged the contract so we will see what happens when they assess it," Northern Pride CEO Greg Dowling told News Corp.

"You never know what the NRL decides. I'm hoping they don't knock it back but there is always that possibility."

The Cowboys offered no comment when asked to confirm the reports, but coach Paul Green is due to speak to media later on Tuesday when he names his round-one team.

Carney, a Dally M medal winner in 2010, hasn't played in the NRL since 2014 after he was sacked for the infamous 'bubbler' incident.

Terrorise a family, the nrl takes you with open arms! Trying to drink your own piss, the NRL needs to think whether or not you can come back!!!
Considering who they have allowed back into the game of late it would be no surprise to see them say yes.

For an institution that likes to thing they are ahead of the times and love patting themselves on the back for being a sport that all the family can watch it leaves a lot to be desired and as for the Cowboys even considering it, well....

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given carney's rap sheet i'm not surprised but yeah how that POS lodge is allowed back in, beggars belief. Lodge will be a good fit with all the other wankers at the broncos though.
How much you wanna bet if dogs were trying to sign him the nrl would block it

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have a few average players in there that wouldn’t be on much, the Roosters are just a team with above average players to Star players in every single position.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL are fucking kidding themselves,there has been massive drop in junior player numbers across the board in the last five years so all the talk has been about fair play rules,codes of conduct and duty of care to encourage more junior players to sign on but in the same breath they allow blokes like these two to represent our code,both repeat offenders.Its no wonder parents are turning of rugby leauge and turning their kids onto other sports.I dont like the bloke but hats off to paul gallen for retracting his support of mat lodge,if he can see that this bloke is no good for the game what the fuck is wrong with greenburg and the NRL.

Last edited:

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The fact Lodge has been given a second chance there's absolutely no reason for Carney not to be given a go regardless of what we think. He's antics are boys being dickheads on the piss antics compared to Lodge and I have no idea how the NRL will ever block another player from coming back after that scum Lodge. I hope this year every pack aims up with some filthy shots on the dog, Threatening women and children while trying to home invade and bash the father? Fuck him.

Status
Not open for further replies.