Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
3 weeks now with Omigron, still nothing from the experts as expected
Experts have been talking about it everyday. The only thing not known is how dangerous it is.

But we don't know yet. If the experts made a call now, it would be like the ref calling a winner 10 minutes in to an NRL game. Too early to call but it's looking like we'll probably win.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think it's much like the original roll-out. Make a booking and you'll get a vaccine. Walk in and you'll be lucky if you get one.

Which makes sense. Pfizer is stored in cold storage and only distributed and prepared as need be. Preparing it for walk ins is like pouring beer at the pub when you have no customers and hoping enough people turn up and drink it before the beer goes flat.
Yeah probs. I got in last Thursday to a walk in vax centre. Joined the queue and waited about an hour all up. So was happy with that but I had a very sore arm for 4 days. Ok now.

I got Pfizer due to my volunteering at the aged care home but my husband and so many others over 60 weren't so lucky with AZ and have to take their chances when their 5 months is due that the supply chain is sorted. This Army guy hasn't seemed to have helped that much :grinning:

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Covid is running rampant on my family. About 10 of my cousins have tested positive in the past 24 hours.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can be cautious but just to relax anyone stressing out I just heard a few very interesting things.

Omicron deaths in Australia: 0
Omicron cases in ICU in Australia: 0
Omicron deaths here in the U.S: 1 (unvaccinated)

Also, now that we are picking and choosing which chief health officers we listen to, Prof. Paul Kelly just said the Doherty modeling is misleading

“A preliminary scenario, of many being considered to help inform decision making, presents one of the worst case of all potential scenarios including assumptions that the Omicron variant is as severe as the Delta variant, an absence of hospital surge capacity, a highly limited booster program, no change to baseline public health and social measures and an absence of spontaneous behaviour change in the face of rising case numbers,” he said.

“None of these five assumptions represent the likely state of events, let alone all of them together, therefore presenting that scenario as the likely scenario that will occur is highly misleading.”

Former Deputy CMO Dr Nick Coatsworth tweeted that whoever leaked the modelling without its full context performed a “gross injustice” to Australia.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We can be cautious but just to relax anyone stressing out I just heard a few very interesting things.

Omicron deaths in Australia: 0
Omicron cases in ICU in Australia: 0
Omicron deaths here in the U.S: 1 (unvaccinated)

Also, now that we are picking and choosing which chief health officers we listen to, Prof. Paul Kelly just said the Doherty modeling is misleading

“A preliminary scenario, of many being considered to help inform decision making, presents one of the worst case of all potential scenarios including assumptions that the Omicron variant is as severe as the Delta variant, an absence of hospital surge capacity, a highly limited booster program, no change to baseline public health and social measures and an absence of spontaneous behaviour change in the face of rising case numbers,” he said.

“None of these five assumptions represent the likely state of events, let alone all of them together, therefore presenting that scenario as the likely scenario that will occur is highly misleading.”

Former Deputy CMO Dr Nick Coatsworth tweeted that whoever leaked the modelling without its full context performed a “gross injustice” to Australia.

Enjoy the rest of your day
Yeah, the Doherty model leaked info was based in worse case scenario. Basically if no one was vaccinated and we all had a huge orgy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
From the National cabinet meeting today, it sounds like ScoMo has encouraged state leaders to put mask mandates back in place, and he's encouraging businesses to keep QR Code check ins going. Not as a mandate, just so people can use it if they want.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta laugh when politicians even entertain the notion that any significant portion the population can exercise any common sense regarding mask wearing.

Had my nephews christening last Sunday, church and then lunch at a restaurant (outdoor table). Because they are so backed up with christenings they did 10 babies during the service! Church was packed with 10 different groups of families. I wore a mask the whole time, despite the awful heat, as did a few other members of my group but out of the 300 odd people there I'd say maybe 15 people wore masks.

What really got me though is while they were all gathering for photos after the service I had a few people express their bemusement to me as to why I was "wearing a mask when you don't have to anymore". Most people think they are bulletproof now because they're double vaxxed and will only mask up if they 100% have to.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta laugh when politicians even entertain the notion that any significant portion the population can exercise any common sense regarding mask wearing.

Had my nephews christening last Sunday, church and then lunch at a restaurant (outdoor table). Because they are so backed up with christenings they did 10 babies during the service! Church was packed with 10 different groups of families. I wore a mask the whole time, despite the awful heat, as did a few other members of my group but out of the 300 odd people there I'd say maybe 15 people wore masks.

What really got me though is while they were all gathering for photos after the service I had a few people express their bemusement to me as to why I was "wearing a mask when you don't have to anymore". Most people think they are bulletproof now because they're double vaxxed and will only mask up if they 100% have to.
Exactly mate. Up here thankfully people are actually taking responsibility and there are more wearing masks than those not. I for one understand that a mask is only a part of the defensive line against COVID 19 but at my age I am happy to take the responsibility on myself of wearing a mask (in addition to the other parts of the strategy.) I must say I am not looking forward to the influx of tourists into town as there is an ageing population here and just today a case in a nursing home has emerged. Since travel has opened up our cases have been consistently in the positive.
Have heard people saying you don't need to wear a mask so obviously their common sense will dictate that they don't need to even entertain the thought of mask wearing and distancing... tourists amongst them.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah probs. I got in last Thursday to a walk in vax centre. Joined the queue and waited about an hour all up. So was happy with that but I had a very sore arm for 4 days. Ok now.

I got Pfizer due to my volunteering at the aged care home but my husband and so many others over 60 weren't so lucky with AZ and have to take their chances when their 5 months is due that the supply chain is sorted. This Army guy hasn't seemed to have helped that much :grinning:
As I had NO choice in getting anything other than AZ and I had to wait for that meaning my second dose was end of October..therefore even under the proposed or hinted four months I won't be able to get a booster until end of February at the earliest. If supply is nor sorted quickly it will probably be an absolute sh@t fight trying to get a booster here because we even had massive problems first time around with our vaccines being re directed to other areas that were going out of control...

Status
Not open for further replies.