• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The "do what you want, it's none of my business" ideology exists in truth on a spectrum, not on either side of a yes/no absolute. At one end of the spectrum is things like what item from a restaurant menu you choose, what music you listen to, in almost no situation is it anyone elses business what you do. At the other end of the spectrum are murders, rapes, etc. If someone does that, most of us do mind, a lot, even if we don't personally know the victim. But most things are somewhere between those two extremes. Can you do what you want when you drive a vehicle? To a large degree no, and if you go against the laws in relation to driving a vehicle you risk getting caught and sanctioned, and most people are in agreement with this, by and large we do mind if people are driving the wrong way down the street, not indicating when they are supposed to, or whatever else.

Given that the more of us are vaccinated, the lower the risk to society of health and economic deficits, where does this subject sit on the spectrum? It certainly isn't way up one end with the murderers and rapists, but neither is it down the other end with music choice either.
Interesting subject PD.
The driving example you gave is interesting because people shit me when they dont indicate. I get really anoyed when people are texting when they are driving or when they hang in the right lane on motorways.
Is it any of my business? Am I anoyed because I think they are dangerous. Is it they are being selfish and if so, what business of it is mine? Is it really wrong of me to want to side swipe people doing the wrong thing whilst driving depending on my mood:yum:

In regards to vaccinations, that really is none of my business and it really doesnt bother me.
Thats because I believe in choice and no-one should be forced, coerced or black mailed into putting something into their body that they dont want to.
Employers telling people they cant come to work unless vaxxed doesnt sit well with me but Covid has changed everything. I cant begin to consider whats right or wrong (bigger picture) with all that at the moment.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw my boss got me to fill out my vaccination sign up form and watched over me, instructed me to just tick all the no's in the personal form where they ask medical questions to save time because we were doing it on company time

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve just heard a whisper.
Repeat: NOT CONFIRMED

If it’s wrong then it’s wrong but apparently meetings happening now between Govt and unions and tighter restrictions could be coming from tomorrow including:

- 2hrs/day max exercise (household only)
- Solo livers lose visitor privileges
- Intimate partners banned 2 weeks (not live together)
- Shutting construction
- Outdoor gyms, parks and beaches shut
- Stopping non essential deliveries
- Other orders still being finalised

We will see what tomorrow brings and if this is wrong then don’t shoot the messenger, just thought I’d share the whisper with TK mates.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

If it’s wrong then it’s wrong but apparently meetings happening now between Govt and unions and tighter restrictions could be coming from tomorrow including:

- Shutting construction

We will see what tomorrow brings and if this is wrong then don’t shoot the messenger, just thought I’d share the whisper with TK mates.
Too late, going to shoot you.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
From my understanding of it, the debate right now is over whether immunity is dropping or whether the Delta variant is building resistance to vaccination.

Both are not good. But if it's the latter then we just need new vaccines. If it's the former then it's constant boosters until a hopefully weaker variant dominates.
Not sure mate. But I don’t follow debate or media on any of this. Just try to source facts from doctors and science journals where ever possible.

97% of those that get covid don’t die.

People that have been vaxced are still dying all over the world

That’s all I need to know.

But happy to be proven wrong by real scientific data any day.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure mate. But I don’t follow debate or media on any of this. Just try to source facts from doctors and science journals where ever possible.

97% of those that get covid don’t die.

People that have been vaxced are still dying all over the world

That’s all I need to know.

But happy to be proven wrong by real scientific data any day.
Nope. That all sounds accurate. Pretty low percentage of those who get Covid-19 die. It's even lower in a normal scenario. All things considered it's probably closer to 1%. Of course that goes up when the hospital system struggles.

And vaccines aren't 100% effective. The main question now is how long immunity lasts and if vaccines are less effective against certain variants.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

- Shutting construction

Too late, going to shoot you.
Dont worry the last time
funny-woman-gun-fire-funny.gif

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

- Shutting construction

It’s about friggin time if true.. Need to go even harder than that for 2 weeks. I honestly think most would prefer trying something stronger instead of sitting around for months just hoping….

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

- Shutting construction

‘I don’t like this whisper

the really big thing that has pissed Me off with this government is that they constantly change the rules .

I haven’t been a fan of the immediate lockdowns like other states and was fine how they tried to contain it first couple of weeks , but once do lockdown do it properly not chop and change every few days

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
what about if im getting an intimate partner delivered from latvia next week?, is that going to be deemed non essential?

i guarantee this is essential

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

- Shutting construction

Not being a smartarse but whats solo livers?

EDIT I think you meant people who live alone.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s about friggin time if true.. Need to go even harder than that for 2 weeks. I honestly think most would prefer trying something stronger instead of sitting around for months just hoping….
I was told because unions are involved expect a leak around 11pm when meetings conclude but again can’t confirm it’s true - I’m just told that Health have basically told the Government they have no choice if they want to keep any sort of lid on case numbers until vax ramps substantially. On that note the Polish Pfizer is at work in W/SW Sydney - a fella who works for me and his family live at Campsie and a week ago they didn’t know when they could get Pfizer, which they’re now getting tomorrow. Gotta keep smashing the vax.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not being a smartarse but whats solo livers?

EDIT I think you meant people who live alone.
Yeah I was for a moment freaking out and thinking most humans have two livers, somehow I got stuck with just one. But then I realised what he was getting at yeah.

I think he was talking about kidneys.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
what about if im getting an intimate partner delivered from latvia next week?, is that going to be deemed non essential?

i guarantee this is essential
They will need to do 14 days hotel quarantine first.

Status
Not open for further replies.