Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's going to be difficult but I think it's something they'll have to do. Maybe not in nursing homes, but for supply chain and most other professions.

Which will make vaccine mandates more important as no one wants to deal with the legality of an unvaccinated worker catching the virus on the job and dying.
Exactly right and the states who were slow to vaccinate and have poor health systems like QLD who #letitrip are now suffering.

The rules around nursing homes have always been strict, even with gastro outbreaks etc and should remain so

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So do they tell you which strain you caught or just told "covid"?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the stupid thing is that they call it, "Deltacron" suggesting it's a blend of the two. It's like if you had a blue eyed/blonde haired boy called Peter and a black haired/brown eyed boy called Sam then had a boy with blue eyes and black hair and called them "Pam"

Other than being confusing, the kid is going to get beaten up a lot
Thats racist.

Why wouldnt the kid be called Vinh or Kwajili?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
GPs say COVID-19 Omicron surge pushing them to brink, as rapid antigen tests and booster rollout create the 'perfect storm'

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reality is, right at this moment, a huge proportion of the population have self imposed sheltering lockdowns anyway which ....with no end in sight and as well as vulnerable feeling like they're being told "ya on ya own, we really don't care enough", has stopped most commerce anyway.

Whichever way you look at it IMO, things wont improve till we get it back under control somehow...that means some sort of measures, not LetItRip. It's not going to just die out bc it's getting continually fed and growing. We'll get it again probably at least a few times. Present measures didn't, and aren't, working.

But I know a lot on here don't agree with that.
I think its the close contact isolation rules as well as the ineffective vaccines to Omikron that are impacting the current situation.

Once they eliminate the close-contact rule for everyone and most people overcome Omikron (with strong auto-immunity) this will all boil over. It will still be around, but just become a background issue.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People can want normalcy back all they want...Covid rulez atm.

WA would be totally as foolish to wreck their ecomony as the rest of us...they have had the opportunity to NOT do as Qld did and cave in to pressure. How's that worked out? ....but in saying that, they never signed up for Perrottet's complete dropping of all measures to curb C19, just as Omicron took off.

With an adjoining border, the media, Morrison and 2 NSW Premiers with an opinion on our closed borders, and in an outrage about it, it was never going to be easy for Alphabet to hold out much longer. People wanted to come home. Ideally they should have facilitated Qlders returning home first for Christmas and then re-assessed tourists but it didnt happen and now we are where we are.

I just can not see this Covid thing sorting itself out and I agree with the epideamiologists.

You want it over, you have to deal with it. Not let it infect the whole country (except WA who are laughing).
You are underestimating QLDs reliance on tourism to keep their economy going as well as thr desire for people to cross the border that way.

Reality is that no many go to WA and WA doesnt rely on tourism.

You cannot compare the two unless you factor in the above. Tassie is a better comparison to WA.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You are underestimating QLDs reliance on tourism to keep their economy going as well as thr desire for people to cross the border that way.

Reality is that no many go to WA and WA doesnt rely on tourism.

You cannot compare the two unless you factor in the above. Tassie is a better comparison to WA.
You haven't read my post Marki. I detail Qld's adjoining border and the fact that Qld could not hold out against NSW. There is no comparison to WA because they are isolated. Their border with SA is their biggest worry. . Pls refrain from replying to my posts unless you brush up on your comprehension skills :grinning:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Oh id say a bit worse than the flu just slightly not too bad but im only 2 days in im also sucking down codrals
What are you doing all day may I ask? Just sitting on the lounge watching cricket (well that was the other day) or laying in bed feeling shit house?Can you be bothered cooking? And if so what’s the appetite? Chicken pesto pasta or just Maggie noodles? Is it hard to sleep as the day is so long or are you tired as fuck? If your in a unit like me how do you walk your dog and put your rubbish out to the bins? All questions I’ve really been thinking about.

When you told your family and work did they freak out like little bitches or were they supportive? Does everyone take a step back or turn down going to lunch once you have had it? Now do you have to have boosters or something? How did you get groceries? Did you feel like a cheeky beer on the Friday night? How did you and your missus (and kids) all go together? Did sitting there looking at the dickheads on the kennel saying it’s not real make you sad for them? Do you feel weird that you now have this built up thing in your body and feel dirty or do you brag yeah I had it it’s nothing?

Last edited:

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you doing all day may I ask? Just sitting on the lounge watching cricket (well that was the other day) or laying in bed feeling shit house?Can you be bothered cooking? And if so what’s the appetite? Chicken pesto pasta or just Maggie noodles? Is it hard to sleep as the day is so long or are you tired as fuck? If your in a unit like me how do you walk your dog and put your rubbish out to the bins? All questions I’ve really been thinking about.

When you told your family and work did they freak out like little bitches or were they supportive? Does everyone take a step back or turn down going to lunch once you have had it? Now do you have to have boosters or something? How did you get groceries? Did you feel like a cheeky beer on the Friday night? How did you and your missus (and kids) all go together? Did sitting there looking at the dickheads on the kennel saying it’s not real make you sad for them?
Ill tell you a story, started with a cough and headache then runny nose etc a bit chesty today i got up late because i took the night Codrals, found the message so i immediately rang my wife who is working double time in the nursing home kitchen and now is home with us, that is my son who has symptoms as well he works at a club i feel like drowsy tired not too many aches the Codrals fix that and the headaches the missus has no symptoms so she will be the Gopher for food and drink until otherwise she cant work until im all clear and my son as well , I will watch mostly youtube i have a yard and can acces through my laundry and garage when im tired of laying on the bed which is about NOW! Its going to be shit for the next week but it is what it is,also my computer is in with me so i can get a laugh off you blokes!

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

When you told your family and work did they freak out like little bitches or were they supportive? Does everyone take a step back or turn down going to lunch once you have had it? Now do you have to have boosters or something? How did you get groceries? Did you feel like a cheeky beer on the Friday night? How did you and your missus (and kids) all go together? Did sitting there looking at the dickheads on the kennel saying it’s not real make you sad for them? Do you feel weird that you now have this built up thing in your body and feel dirty or do you brag yeah I had it it’s nothing?
Cricket will be ok when does it start ? Ill have a punt as well !

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ill tell you a story, started with a cough and headache then runny nose etc a bit chesty today i got up late because i took the night Codrals, found the message so i immediately rang my wife who is working double time in the nursing home kitchen and now is home with us, that is my son who has symptoms as well he works at a club i feel like drowsy tired not too many aches the Codrals fix that and the headaches the missus has no symptoms so she will be the Gopher for food and drink until otherwise she cant work until im all clear and my son as well , I will watch mostly youtube i have a yard and can acces through my laundry and garage when im tired of laying on the bed which is about NOW! Its going to be shit for the next week but it is what it is,also my computer is in with me so i can get a laugh off you blokes!
Yep that’s the best answer I’ve had when I ask this.Yeah you will probably feel like shit for a while but it is what it is. That actually answers it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.