Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wow over 10,000 cases in Queensland. Talk about letting it rip!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

General practice is struggling without any additional funding or support, withdrawal of some telehealth support, and the extra load of vaccination of children 5-11 years (from next week) and third dose boosters.
It seems that the goal posts relating to kids not being a problem have moved. Honestly they are only getting around to vaccination of 5-11 year old next week just over (in NSW anyway) a week before school recommences for 2022. Why was this not addressed before school broke up last year.It is not as if they didn't know what was coming.
With kids now an infection target ( read somewhere in the news this week that at least 5000 are currently infected across the country) and heaps of articles pin pointing the fact that kids are becoming increasingly infected it looks like another disruptive year.

Like a lot of people am well and truly over things, including Governmental bungling and misinformation...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This. 100%. I now know 6 people currently with the Rona. NOT ONE has used absurd names like ‘Domicron’ or said things like ‘Let ‘er Rip is to blame’ or tried to politicise or pump fear.

Instead, they’ve all said: ‘I’ve got it, I can’t change it, I now need to be the adult, stay at home, recover and try not to spread it further. Personal responsibility.

As for ‘food shortages’ - like toilet paper during 2020 there’s been some panic buying because people are people and that includes a healthy dose of the selfish and stupid. Zero evidence it is turning into a crisis.

Anyway, I’m off to buy some supplies to drop at a family members house because they’re doing the right thing staying home, I’m happy to help and neither of us find it productive to keep slinging mud about ‘who’s to blame’ but to actually do productive things.
Well i can admit that my cold-like symptoms from a couple of days ago have been confirmed to be Rona after a second RAT test this morning in far north NSW (had a negative RAT test on day of first symptoms)

We were on holidays and were scheduled to go to goldie tomorrow for another week but had to cut trip short and returned home for isolation.

Have no idea where i could have caught it as i have been quite vigilant with distancing, mask wearing and hand sanitising so its both dissapointing and at the same time concerning how transmissible this thing is.

Id be very curious to know what our true positive case numbers are as it will paint a better picture of the hospitalisation rate and will assist mankind to living with the virus on a psychological level.

I reckon our cases numbers are already closer to 100k in NSW. Certainly nationally.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my first notification last night from bws berowa it was very exciting but i was the only person in there it must of been me with the covids .
Mind fuck
Please be careful and you better distance yourself from yourself. I wouldn't touch myself either if i were you and for goodness sakes dont talk under that face mask....youll end up breathing in your own droplets!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
General practice is struggling without any additional funding or support, withdrawal of some telehealth support, and the extra load of vaccination of children 5-11 years (from next week) and third dose boosters.
It seems that the goal posts relating to kids not being a problem have moved. Honestly they are only getting around to vaccination of 5-11 year old next week just over (in NSW anyway) a week before school recommences for 2022. Why was this not addressed before school broke up last year.It is not as if they didn't know what was coming.
With kids now an infection target ( read somewhere in the news this week that at least 5000 are currently infected across the country) and heaps of articles pin pointing the fact that kids are becoming increasingly infected it looks like another disruptive year.

Like a lot of people am well and truly over things, including Governmental bungling and misinformation...
To be fair, the scientists and vaccine producers still have insufficent data with a high degree of confidence that kids vaccine will not harm them in future. They were green lighted under pressure to fast track a vaccine dosage to suit.

I personally think its irresponsible even now let alone thinking it could have been done earlier.

Not in a million years would a drug administration pre-approve a vaccine to a drug company like they have done here.

They usually reject a number of submissions of clinical trials on most other drugs but worldwide government pressure has forced their (and the vaccine makers) hand on this issue.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well i can admit that my cold-like symptoms from a couple of days ago have been confirmed to be Rona after a second RAT test this morning in far north NSW (had a negative RAT test on day of first symptoms)

We were on holidays and were scheduled to go to goldie tomorrow for another week but had to cut trip short and returned home for isolation.

Have no idea where i could have caught it as i have been quite vigilant with distancing, mask wearing and hand sanitising so its both dissapointing and at the same time concerning how transmissible this thing is.

Id be very curious to know what our true positive case numbers are as it will paint a better picture of the hospitalisation rate and will assist mankind to living with the virus on a psychological level.

I reckon our cases numbers are already closer to 100k in NSW. Certainly nationally.
Yeah, who knows other than it’s everywhere.

Found out another 4 people I know today have it. Reckon my luck in dodging it thus far might run out soon enough. Wise choice to cut it short and head home for iso. Sucks at this time of year, but: personal responsibility. Hope you recover quickly.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Specificly point out it is not a panic buying scenario, or logistical. It is lack of available truck drivers.

"Supermarkets short of supply as up to half of truck drivers absent due to COVID

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has he the powerball numbers too ?
love all these rent a quotes - blind Freddy can predict most and at worst they are 50/50 chance of being right or wrong .

all these experts throwing opions whether right or wrong just contribute to confusion and hysteria

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has he the powerball numbers too ?
Nope. But we are being balanced aren't we?

Prof Collignon isnt making the political decisions is he? He is just providing a bunch of powerballs to be entered into the game.

"But he said the “real issue” was for people who remained unvaccinated.
“Adults unvaccinated, they are disproportionately in hospital and get sick and [have a] much increased risk of dying,” he said.
“The figures I have seen from ICU from a week or so ago, it is mainly Delta putting people into hospital and people who are unvaccinated.
“The evidence [for vaccination] is plain. It makes a lot of difference to you and society as a whole.”

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
love all these rent a quotes - blind Freddy can predict most and at worst they are 50/50 chance of being right or wrong .

all these experts throwing opions whether right or wrong just contribute to confusion and hysteria
They should have to post a $1000 holding bond before they are allowed to post, and they can get it back after a month or if their prediction is proven right.

They of course lose it if they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.