• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I deleted it because it was a screen grab from a conspiracy theory blog (with poor spelling), and the blog claims that this is proof vaccines are infecting and killing people, which is rubbish.

Here's the actual chart. I share this because it is interesting and relevant that from mass testing, those with vaccination have higher chance of testing positive.

That could be due to a number of factors:

1) vaccinated are less likely to die, and therefore more likely to be around to test positive

2) mass testing uses rapid antigen testing which is known to be about 60% accurate. This could result in false positives

Either way, it's still interesting

View attachment 32334

Also, here's the source of the data. Note how it shows a much, much lower death rate for vaccinated.

‘thank you .

to me it’s telling that the younger group which is more mobile in society the unvaxxed have higher rates of positive cases , I think the incident with older age brackets is the unvaxxed are probably less mobile and thus less likely to. come in contact and possibly taking extra precautions as they are unvaccinated whereas if you are vaccinated you would likely take more “risks” in social interactions knowing you have protection of hospitalisation from vaccine .

‘’the other point is the older cohort would have had there vaccinations longer than the younger age brackets and efficiency of the vaccine has been waning

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I deleted it because it was a screen grab from a conspiracy theory blog (with poor spelling), and the blog claims that this is proof vaccines are infecting and killing people, which is rubbish.

Here's the actual chart. I share this because it is interesting and relevant that from mass testing, those with vaccination have higher chance of testing positive.

1) vaccinated are less likely to die, and therefore more likely to be around to test positive

2) mass testing uses rapid antigen testing which is known to be about 60% accurate. This could result in false positives

View attachment 32334

Also, here's the source of the data. Note how it shows a much, much lower death rate for vaccinated.

Yep, the full report from the UK Health security agency does show the death rate is much lower in the vaccinated individuals.
But we already know that, what struck me was the Covid cases were higher in the fully vaxxed than the unvaxxed. The two points you outlined are possibilities as to why but I think over time we will learn more about it. We don’t know how long Covid will be around for, maybe for good. We don’t know what are the long term effects of Covid infections are(we know some but hasn’t been long enough), We also don’t know what the long term effects of these vaccinations will be either.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 32334

Is the "per 100,000" specific to their category or the general population?

Ie

Did 4000 vaxed catch covid per 100,000 of the vaxxed population?

Or

Did 4000 vaxed catch covid per 100,000 of the overall population?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is the "per 100,000" specific to their category or the general population?

Ie

Did 4000 vaxed catch covid per 100,000 of the vaxxed population?

Or

Did 4000 vaxed catch covid per 100,000 of the overall population?
That's a good question. I'm honestly not sure as they don't detail their methodology well enough. Will have to look deeper into it.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's a good question. I'm honestly not sure as they don't detail their methodology well enough. Will have to look deeper into it.
Because if its per 100,000 of the population. That changes the whole scope of study. True?

The way i see it, correct me if i am wrong. A population of 100,000 people where 85% are double vaxed.

1500 vaxed catch covid. 500 unvaxed catch covid.

Of their respective categories thats

1.7% infection rate in vaxed (1500/85000)
3.3% infection rate in unvaxed (500/15000)

Although the raw number is 3times higher. When taken as a percentage of their respective categories, the numbers turn.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hollywood actors Julia Roberts and George Clooney have been granted hotel quarantine exemptions by NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard. The stars are in Australia to film the romantic comedy, Ticket to Paradise.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Hollywood actors Julia Roberts and George Clooney have been granted hotel quarantine exemptions by NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard. The stars are in Australia to film the romantic comedy, Ticket to Paradise.
But they are important..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey @CroydonDog CD my man can you answer me a question please..Do you guys still have to wear a mask when driving alone in a car?

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey @CroydonDog my man can you answer me a question please..Do you guys still have to wear a mask when driving alone in a car?
lol - only if you're an uber driver maybe :grinning:

but seriously, only place people need to wear a mask i think is indoors in shops etc, and tbh, its not really being enforced. only this morning i filled my car with fuel and forgot my mask, so just wandered in into the shop and paid. Restaurants and pubs aren't even really asking you to put one on when you stand up and go to the loo or the bar (even though i still think its the law). i've never seem anyone wearing one in an office in the city, but i know Mrs CD's company is making them wear masks in their office in the suburbs. some people still wear them walking around the streets outside, but its getting less and less.

Got to take it off sitting in a barber chair recently but the barber kept hers on. Childcare is making parents wear one when they drop off and pick up, but the educators don't need to.

bit all over the shop really.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol - only if you're an uber driver maybe :grinning:

but seriously, only place people need to wear a mask i think is indoors in shops etc, and tbh, its not really being enforced. only this morning i filled my car with fuel and forgot my mask, so just wandered in into the shop and paid. Restaurants and pubs aren't even really asking you to put one on when you stand up and go to the loo or the bar (even though i still think its the law). i've never seem anyone wearing one in an office in the city, but i know Mrs CD's company is making them wear masks in their office in the suburbs. some people still wear them walking around the streets outside, but its getting less and less.

Got to take it off sitting in a barber chair recently but the barber kept hers on. Childcare is making parents wear one when they drop off and pick up, but the educators don't need to.

bit all over the shop really.
Thanks CD..just debunking some conspiracy guy on the net.. He was using old news from January on Facebook. I’ve looked at updated stuff and the answer is no..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks CD..just debunking some conspiracy guy on the net.. He was using old news from January on Facebook. I’ve looked at updated stuff and the answer is no..
i think there was a really brief period when we were being told to do this (last year i think), but i think it was more trying to get the message out to people - you leave the house, put on a mask.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i think there was a really brief period when we were being told to do this (last year i think), but i think it was more trying to get the message out to people - you leave the house, put on a mask.
Actually Jan this year..but changed now!

Status
Not open for further replies.