Couple of rules/interpretations that shit me (from last nights game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting aside the Dogs shit play, players, coaching and treatment by the refs, three things annoyed me last night:

1. If a team attempts a FG and misses, play it as a knock on (scrum or handover). I'd be open to the defending captain given the choice of accepting the knock on or a 7tackle restart from the 20m line as well.

2. The no-penalty try. Seriously, if that's not a penalty try, nothing is. Want to stop the professional fouls? Give more penalty tries.

3. Golden Point. I'm over it. Golden try (or Golden professional foul penalty)? Sure. One stint of OT? Yep. Just have the draw and be done with it? Ok. But what happened last night was crap.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
1. Usually a missed field goal results in a 7 tackle set from the 20 metre line.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3. Golden Point. I'm over it. Golden try (or Golden professional foul penalty.
If a game goes to extra time, it should go the entire time, not when a player jags a field goal.

Even if a team scores a try, the game should continue.

I never likes golden point.

The NRL in their 'wisdom' changed the draws because of the draw in Origin that made QLD retain the shield. (Biggest mistake they made)

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All games are controlled to a point where the possibility of getting to golden point extra time are extremely high. So how the fuck isnt the nrl rigged to a certain degree.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking on stupid interpretations, I can't make sense of the rule where if a player puts pressure on a kicker and the ball hits him without playing at it, its not 6 more tackles but if a player goes to make a tackle and the ball hits his hand without playing at it, its 6 more. Both are unintentional

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Disagree on #2. Its not rugby where they hand out penalty tries so often because teams never actually score actual tries.

There was nowhere near certainty that was going to be a try but for the infringement.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree on #2. Its not rugby where they hand out penalty tries so often because teams never actually score actual tries.

There was nowhere near certainty that was going to be a try but for the infringement.
Moses had Montoya beaten for pace. Mind you I reckon Moses would've smashed his shoulder into the post to score.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally do not mind the 7th tackle set - but I hate the fact it can be used if a player knocks on in the act of scoring a try.

It was brought into play to stop teams kicking for 20 metre restarts, and taking the fullback out of play. Logically speaking, it does not make sense that failing to plant the ball down properly could lead to an extra tackle for the opposition.

That being said, Jamie Soward brought up a really good point - halves are afraid of putting grubbers in the goal now more than previous, due to what could be at stake. Its unfortunately affected Des more than anyone though.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the fact it can be used if a player knocks on in the act of scoring a try.

It was brought into play to stop teams kicking for 20 metre restarts, and taking the fullback out of play. Logically speaking, it does not make sense that failing to plant the ball down properly could lead to an extra tackle for the opposition.

That being said, Jamie Soward brought up a really good point - halves are afraid of putting grubbers in the goal now more than previous, due to what could be at stake. Its unfortunately affected Des more than anyone though.
I think the 7 tackle set should only happen on a kick caught on the full in the in goal.

It is a skill to put the ball into the in goal from both long and short kicks.

Players are loosing this skill because they are to scared it will go wrong.

I am more inclined to give a seven tackle set from the 20m if you get caught with the ball on the last tackle without a kick attempted.

The charge down attempt ruled as not played at it also a bugbear.

Going to the bunker with Try or No Try. If they go upstairs they have passed the job over. The Bunker should make the decision based on what they see. Not what a Ref saw from 20m away at full speed.

Does the voluntary tackle still appear in the rule book?

So many more.....

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the 7 tackle set should only happen on a kick caught on the full in the in goal.

It is a skill to put the ball into the in goal from both long and short kicks.

Players are loosing this skill because they are to scared it will go wrong.

I am more inclined to give a seven tackle set from the 20m if you get caught with the ball on the last tackle without a kick attempted.

The charge down attempt ruled as not played at it also a bugbear.

Going to the bunker with Try or No Try. If they go upstairs they have passed the job over. The Bunker should make the decision based on what they see. Not what a Ref saw from 20m away at full speed.

Does the voluntary tackle still appear in the rule book?

So many more.....
That would then take away the reason they implemented the rule: taking the fullback out of the game by giving them a standard 6th tackle set from the 20, by blasting it out everytime.

The game has far too many grey areas, and with their constant rule changes, it is leading to other massacred sacred cows. Its a shame, cause it was once a super fun sport to watch.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair we are probs the most lucky golden point team it usually always works out in a favour I think we are the most successful golden point team

Status
Not open for further replies.