Could we end up with no-one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is our club that poorly run that we could end up with either only one new player for next year or even worse no new players.

Every other club just seem to be able to sign players comfortably yet when we enter the market evrybody knows about it and we never seem to get our target.

What does Castle do in fact?

Does she have anything to do with recruitment? Her lack of football knowledge must show up when negotiating with players and managers.

I am starting to think that we are being played by everyone and could end up with the shit squad we have this year plus some St George reserve graders.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is our club that poorly run that we could end up with either only one new player for next year or even worse no new players.

Every other club just seem to be able to sign players comfortably yet when we enter the market evrybody knows about it and we never seem to get our target.

What does Castle do in fact?

Does she have anything to do with recruitment? Her lack of football knowledge must show up when negotiating with players and managers.

I am starting to think that we are being played by everyone and could end up with the shit squad we have this year plus some St George reserve graders.
It's entirely possible that the players we are often linked to aren't actually players we're trying to recruit and the media and player managers are just making things up to sell stories.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we wont sign any that is an established player...if we do no doubt it will be a forward, already missed Moses and looks like missed Tedesco as well....don't want Foran but he doesn't want to be near Hasler anyway, Bird is off to the Knights, we are a joke.......but hey we might have some more good losses lol

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where has this James graham leaving dogs for England and manly come from he got asked on nrl 360 and he said he loves the dogs and has no idea what people are talking about. Only people I can see leaving is lichaa and hoppa if dogs get woods and tedesco and as for Reynolds I reckon he will stay prob all just a gee up so media have something to talk about. Seriously I wish I was a journo get paid to talk s#%t about players that is not true

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our stupid board re sign des expecting something different,deluded

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's possible for sure, but tbh, with all the talk of player movements, I would hope we only sign players that would actually make the team better, and even then, only at a number that makes sense.

The club really needs to figure out who is playing at #1, #6, #7, and #9, I'm not seeing any meaningful benefit with signing players outside these positions until they are set.

Internally, Frawley made a great start at making #7 his, he is named on a extended bench for tomorrow, I hope he is included on the bench and given a chance to run with Mbye if the game allows (come on Des, it wouldn't be that hard, it just means you wouldn't have that last big man on the bench to play 5 minutes, if any) Or, Mbye to #9 and pair Reynolds and him again... that mix of players could be pretty key in figuring out who would be best to keep, who to let go, and who to sign up.

Wish we could grab Thurston, have him finish his career where it started (and to make it a really great story..... win it all, and have his first and last premiership win with the Bulldogs), that very unlikely dream aside, think we need to figure out what were doing with Reynolds, Mbye, Lichaa, Frawley, and to a lesser extent Abbey (if Mbye was a FB possibility). Once we have a plan going forward there that doesn't include pairing Reynolds and Mbye in the halves given we know they do not compliment each other there at all, sign a player who plays wherever the gap is left, most likely at #1 or #7.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find it laughable that the majority people on this forum read news paper articles and simply assume its all true. Then, when armed with this false knowledge they seem to think they know all about the clubs inner dealings and feel like they have an intimate understanding of how our club is run!!!

Seriously people, just because some hack reporter claims we are trying to discard james graham, or someone posting on here claims to have inside knowledge, it does not necessarily mean its true!!

And just because the media said we were trying to sign brooks and moses, and now they have signed elsewhere, people start threads like this with all their negativity claiming that we will end up with no one. (And for the record most people disnt want either) Theres a bloody good chance we were not interested in either. Nor any other player the media have suggested over the past few years.

Seriously people, we are not chasing every single player that comes off contract, nor are we missing out on every single player some hack reporter suggested we were interested in.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I find it laughable that the majority people on this forum read news paper articles and simply assume its all true. Then, when armed with this false knowledge they seem to think they know all about the clubs inner dealings and feel like they have an intimate understanding of how our club is run!!!

Seriously people, just because some hack reporter claims we are trying to discard james graham, or someone posting on here claims to have inside knowledge, it does not necessarily mean its true!!

And just because the media said we were trying to sign brooks and moses, and now they have signed elsewhere, people start threads like this with all their negativity claiming that we will end up with no one. (And for the record most people disnt want either) Theres a bloody good chance we were not interested in either. Nor any other player the media have suggested over the past few years.

Seriously people, we are not chasing every single player that comes off contract, nor are we missing out on every single player some hack reporter suggested we were interested in.

You could be right but also you could be wrong and we could be missing out on all these players after trying to sign them.

Why else would we never sign big name players,and let our roster go backwards every year?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that spending 1 mill on any half when we have to have a 25 man roster isn't a great idea. The club quite possibly feels that way too. There have been plenty of sides with great spines and absolute crap depth everywhere else that haven't come close to premierships, particularly when part of that spine suffers long term injury. Our fans are a little blinded by high expectation to think that we can aim for a killer spine and keep quality every other place on the field. I think the club needs to maybe improve our fullback and halfback without smashing the level of quality everywhere on the field and to my wat of thinking we've done so by trying to find quality juniors to get us there. It hasn't necessarily paid dividends but I always hated the roosters and formerly manly for buying in the best talent always. Our bred not bought motto used to be a source of pride for me. The salary cap had meant that you just can't keep the players you need when they become stars anymore. SBW, Ratboy are two examples of players that pissed off for better offers. Is sad but we need to find a better balance and given that we anyway busted the salary cap and copped the worst punishment that any club did or ever will I think we're very wary of doing so again.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, i can not see anyone signing with us.

Reactions: DT

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We signed des why do we need anyone else,
He will get us to the finals every year that's all that counts .
FML

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only people hyped about signing woods are the management.
I have to say i think Woods would be really good at Canterbury, he needs to get out of Tigers...
Darren Brit left Wests and became a revelation at Canterbury, lets hope that history can repeat itself.
But most if all he needs a bloody hair cut!!!...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.