Could This Bring The Dragons Down In 2011 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shermy

The fact that Wayne Bennett has all but agreed with Souths and he is already telling who he wants cut and at the club in 2012 etc...

It is set to be announced in January.

Could it disrupt there season?

I'm sure a few on here are happy to see he is leaving St George or the fact it could possibly harm there season.

P

Paint.

Bennett to souths?
Wow, didn't see that coming. Expected him to go to Nth QLD

corka

Waterboy
Reaction score
More to the point,im really starting to hate you rodents,as if Crowe isnt rorting the system.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL if Bennett backs away from the deal.. anyone remember how he was going to coach the roosters until it was leaked

fiddle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rumours from the dragons

Boyd could sign extension early in 2011 with the dragons , doesnt mean Bennett staying at the dragons BUT it does mean Bennett isnt going to coach in sydney other then the dragons,if Boyd stays with the dragons it more then likely Bennett staying or retiring.

I think next year early will be the main point , if boyd doesnt sign it means Bennett is still coaching somewhere

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if Darius Boyd resigns with St Scum, Wayne Bennett will not coach in Sydney?

OK.

fiddle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unless Bennett stays at the dragons , he will still be coaching in sydney , but its unlikely will be another sydney club.

Think its Bellamy or Brown will be at souths in 2012 , My pick is nathan Brown

lol sorry bunnyjnr , i stil lthink souths will be nathan Brown

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You seem to be posting out of hope of retaining Bennett or no one else getting him. Anyway, why would Boyd be the defining factor in Bennett's decision, I really find it strange that it would be that way, all things considered.

fiddle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bennett gave the impression dragons will be the only sydney club, or believe it or not the dogs was his other choice.

I dont know if Bennett will stay at the dragons or not ,im not saying Boyd is Bennett influence , But Bennett would be the influence on Boyd's decision

If Bennett is still coaching boyd would follow him, If Boyd stays at the dragons it could be 2 things

Bennett told Boyd to remain at the dragons and he is going ot be retiring

2- Bennett is staying at the dragons

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get tired of hearing about Wayne Bennetts coaching prowess. He's ALWAYS had squads choc full of great players to work with. You can't say it's all his ability when he has amazing squads to work with 9/10 seasons. So having said that, i think Souths almost have a squad that Bennet would consider coaching. I think old Wayne the "Supercoach" would want the Bunnies to buy a better halves combination before he signs on though.

And to answer the original question of the thread, i don't think Bennett signing elsewhere will bring the Dragons down in 2011. I think their big heads will.

fiddle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What people still forgetting Bennett wont go where tallis is , if souths sack tallis,will tallis and mundine talk players into leaving

By the time 2012 comes around souths will have to lose players

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Boyd said if Bennett leaves, he will leave...

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What people still forgetting Bennett wont go where tallis is , if souths sack tallis,will tallis and mundine talk players into leaving

By the time 2012 comes around souths will have to lose players
if souths are a chance of getting bennett, souths will sever the services of tallis quick smart

tallis isn't even worth mentioning. it is not an obstacle. chance with bennett = tallis gone quick smart. no brainer

and are players really going to have the self serving advice of mundane or the word of tallis swaying them to leave over the opportunity to be coached by bennett? i call bull**** on that one

by the time 2012 comes around, virtually every team has to lose players. this is not an issue for this scenario of bennett leaving the merge

S

Shermy

I think Tallis' position at the club is overated by the fans as well as the whole Souths club. He is there twice a week at the most. It is usually once and on a Tuesday. He doesn't really do anything. Souths have a bunch of blokes who are all athletic and are 190cm and 110kg..I don't know how much direction they need really. He recently signed on for another 2 but when Bennett comes across he has fullc ontrol of who he brings and who stays at the club. Tallis is pretty worthless in my opinion. I would love to get paid to tell guys how to run into a pad or step a cone.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stepping a cone is harder than you think, BunnyJnr. Cones are small and do not move but they can be deceivingly positioned and makes it hard to step them on occasions.

S

Shermy

LOL I'm sure i can find some videos of Tallis doing work with the forwards. The club published them a while back i will try find them. He doesn't do anything that a bloke who watches footy at Guildford leagues couldnt do.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
which further destroys any credibility that theory is trying to be given

i'm open to the possibility of bennett staying at woolongong and/or not going to souths, but i'm not overly interested in reasons that looks more like clutching at straws

Status
Not open for further replies.