News Cotric's Bulldogs deal is official, Barrett's announcement to follow

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sold on him, he is a little small for a centre (85kg)...
Mate as long as they can defend and find the try line is all that matters. Although I do have issues with having small wingers

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Mate as long as they can defend and find the try line is all that matters. Although I do have issues with having small wingers

I do agree but can he defend? If Latrell Mitchell Or J Moz or any other biggish player runs straight at him can an 180cm 85kg hold his own?

Is that accurate? cos Thompson is listed at 95kg and we all know thats not true

Not sure but seeing his highlights he does look pretty light on weight...

English forwards are great but outside backs are a different story (Usually anyways).

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but says a bit for how much people want to come here, let’s hope doesn’t end up like seibold
Stating the obvious but culture's bad right now, it'll change with success. Medias talking shit cos of the board but all the noise will go once we are successful on field again. People from other clubs forget, but I think its inevitable that will succeed, and soon.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been told that we’re paying Barrett 1mil a year. I know it doesn’t count towards a salary cap but doesn’t look good that that’s what it took to get him to come
Surely that would have to be incentivised. ... $600k + $100k for finals + $100k for grand final + $200k if we win the comp.. for example.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By Adrian Proszenko
July 22, 2020 — 11.10am

Nick Cotric has become the first recruit to commit to Canterbury's new era under Trent Barrett, with the club confirming the Origin star's three-year deal on Wednesday.

The opportunity to play centre rather than wing, coupled with a large payrise, will result in Cottic shifting from Canberra to Canterbury at season's end. The Bulldogs are also close to making an official announcement on Barrett’s own three-year deal to join the "family club
The Raiders pulled their offer to Cotric after refusing to engage in a bidding war for his services.

The addition of Cotric, who has scored 37 tries in 80 matches for the Raiders as well as playing for NSW in 2019, may not be the last addition to the Bulldogs backline

Former Dragon Tim Lafai has joined for the current season, while officials are also in negotiations to sign English international Oliver Gildart
Signing a player of Nick's ability and class is a massive boost for our club moving forward and another step in strengthening our squad to lead us into the future,” said Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill.

Sounds like Gildart is just about done and coming to the club I will have a troll on the Wigan forum and see if they here anything over there
If Gildart can reproduce his SL form here it may be a return to the legendary Dogs Entertainers of the late 70's to 1980 where 80% of our tries were scored by our backline. Gildart has speed, footwork and passes better than any of our players.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, but not necessarily. If good outside backs are available to buy then we're not going to wait to buy a hooker or half first or else we'll miss out on some quality outside backs.
I'm sure they will have enough money up their sleeves to buy a decent 9 or 7. And I wouldn't read into what the media say we have available to spend, it's speculation, only the club knows how much we have to spend.
I know what you mean.

But I’d still rather key players to begin with. Then when we are sorted we can go for the polish.

Having the best centres in the world won’t do anything if your front row is tolman and Napa your hooker is JMK and Lewis is one of your halves.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Aaron Schoupp any good? If we were to sign another centre (that's long term) it'd block him playing for us. I mean, unless we back flipped on Cotric being a centre.
Cotric was signed before Barrett..
There is a high probability that Barrett would want to play Cotric in his natural position of wing..
That’s when Cotric needs to be willing to do what’s best for the team..
I hope a chance at centre wasn’t his main reason for coming to us..
Schoupp could nudge out one of the centres I think..strong and fast.
Too many backs now I think..and talk of Albert Hopoate too..
Meaney
Gildart
Okunbor
Cotric
DWZ
Hoppa
Little Hoppa
Smith
Averillo
Who misses out?
I could see Averillo at 6,but still way too many backs
Must chase and sign Clarke..should be number 1 priority at the moment..
Get Thompson in his ear

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cotric was signed before Barrett..
There is a high probability that Barrett would want to play Cotric in his natural position of wing..
That’s when Cotric needs to be willing to do what’s best for the team..
I hope a chance at centre wasn’t his main reason for coming to us..
Schoupp could nudge out one of the centres I think..strong and fast.
Too many backs now I think..and talk of Albert Hopoate too..
Meaney
Gildart
Okunbor
Cotric
DWZ
Hoppa
Little Hoppa
Smith
Averillo
Who misses out?
I could see Averillo at 6,but still way too many backs
Must chase and sign Clarke..should be number 1 priority at the moment..
Get Thompson in his ear
I think the main reason Cotric's coming is because of the money.
I see Averillo as a 6, possibly a 1 in the future. I think he'll be in reserve grade next year developing for one of those roles. I don't think he's ready yet and he has Hopoate and Foran (assuming he's extended) in front of him.
Our next signing needs to be one of Brandon Smith, Harry Grant, Bent Hunt, Cameron McInnes or Daryl Clark. We should be blowing a lot of our remaining salary cap on the hooker position. Get someone we can be proud of signing.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Aaron Schoupp any good? If we were to sign another centre (that's long term) it'd block him playing for us. I mean, unless we back flipped on Cotric being a centre.
hopoate isnt getting any younger

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the main reason Cotric's coming is because of the money.
I see Averillo as a 6, possibly a 1 in the future. I think he'll be in reserve grade next year developing for one of those roles. I don't think he's ready yet and he has Hopoate and Foran (assuming he's extended) in front of him.
Our next signing needs to be one of Brandon Smith, Harry Grant, Bent Hunt, Cameron McInnes or Daryl Clark. We should be blowing a lot of our remaining salary cap on the hooker position. Get someone we can be proud of signing.
utility

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not sure about gildart, that highlights package is sub standard, pretty much nathan merrit tries from 10ms out, unless there is a another video besides the one that has been put on here.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I see JMK as our utility. Little to no game time (when reserve grade is back) isn't good for Averillo's development.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see JMK as our utility. Little to no game time (when reserve grade is back) isn't good for Averillo's development.
jmk.... youve got to be kidding me right!! over averillo hahah omg! pleaae man that disgusting excuse for a hooker will not be in our first grade side if we get the signings we hope for.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree but says a bit for how much people want to come here, let’s hope doesn’t end up like seibold
Agree to an extent. But ultimately that’s the shit the media are slinging at us at the moment. Winning changes everything and if we start to do that then our club will be just as attractive as most others.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would like to see

Hoppa
Cotric
Rona
S.Crichton/Gildart
DWZ
Averillo
Burton
Welch
Clark/B.Smith/McInnes
To'omaga
CHN
Thompson
Jackson

Sue
Ogden
Elliott
JMK

Please, for the love of God - No Dylan Walker

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would like to see

Hoppa
Cotric
Rona
S.Crichton/Gildart
DWZ
Averillo
Burton
Welch
Clark/B.Smith/McInnes
To'omaga
CHN
Thompson
Jackson

Sue
Ogden
Elliott
JMK

Please, for the love of God - No Dylan Walker
Why wouldn’t you swap rona and Cotric or do you want to pissoff your star back signing for a journeyman before the season starts ?