News Cotric wanted to join the chooks

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
REVEALED: Nick Cotric wanted to join the Sydney Roosters before sealing his Bulldogs switch. Here's why the Bondi move failed:

https://bit.ly/30nnR1J

Don't have a subscription. What is the go with this?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
ODE-HOPPER TO REPLACE COTRIC AT RAIDERS
Wallabies winger Curtis Rona is to quit rugby union to make an NRL comeback — possibly at the Canberra Raiders.

The 28-year-old former Bulldogs and Cowboys star has been playing rugby in London.

His agent contacted Canberra recruitment boss Peter Mulholland to pitch him as a replacement for Nick Cotric, who has signed a three-year-deal with the Bulldogs.

Interestingly, Cotric wanted to move back to Sydney to play for the Roosters, but the premiers wouldn’t offer him anywhere near the $650,000 a year he’s getting at Belmore.

This has been posted before.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm surprised...they had another $6.5million left in the cap. That's only 10%.....wow!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rona wouldve been a nice addition also.

Him and DWZ on the wing

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ODE-HOPPER TO REPLACE COTRIC AT RAIDERS
Wallabies winger Curtis Rona is to quit rugby union to make an NRL comeback — possibly at the Canberra Raiders.

The 28-year-old former Bulldogs and Cowboys star has been playing rugby in London.

His agent contacted Canberra recruitment boss Peter Mulholland to pitch him as a replacement for Nick Cotric, who has signed a three-year-deal with the Bulldogs.

Interestingly, Cotric wanted to move back to Sydney to play for the Roosters, but the premiers wouldn’t offer him anywhere near the $650,000 a year he’s getting at Belmore.

This has been posted before.
Sorry my bad. Someone one here keeps mentioning that he wants to keep going to the chooks but then I found this and I thought back to what they said.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry my bad. Someone one here keeps mentioning that he wants to keep going to the chooks but then I found this and thought back to what they said.
I wouldn't look much into it. The Roosters would of offered around the same as the Raiders, possibly a little less. The reason he's coming to us is for the money.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck it, everyone wants to go to the premiers. Why wouldnt they? Brown paer bags full of cash, free cars, uni degrees, and a quality roster and coach. Total no brainer to be honest!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What? He's only coming to us for the money????

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is going to end up being a dud signing.

Rona absolutely shits all over Cotric

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plus the centre positon. Hope the club announce it soon man.
The longer we take to announce it the more I think crap is going on behind the scenes with another club. There have been some quotes that almost have me convinced it's a done deal, but until the ink has dried and the club make an announcement it worries me a touch.

It's not even about the player that's worrying me. It'll be the brain explosions of the anti board crew that bother me. I'm already tired of reading how bad they are here on the forum.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Maybe, but cotric should go great here, if we’ve even signed him lol.!!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The cash was definitely an huge incentive but don't understand estimate the change for him to be more than a winger.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just another bullsh!t article circulating about us this week.

If he wanted the Roosters he had an offer to go. He would have gone. Has he signed it?

Turned the Raiders down flat.

Does he want better money or does he want to play centre? With us he gets both.

Normally I can ignore the crap in then media but over the last 2 weeks it has gotten ridiculous. This is now scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Vile pretend journalists who have no idea that journalism was built about telling the whole story not editorialising their agenda.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why haven’t the club announced this yet (officially)?

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Don’t get me wrong, Rona is a good player but Cotric is only 21 and has already played origin and played in a grand final. It’s about time the dogs sign an impressive youngster who has already been proven in first grade.