Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They reckon still not as effective as scrubbing for 30 seconds with soap and water.
Yep. Soap and water is apparently best. If you don't have that then hand wash and water. Detergent and water works really well too.

In a pinch hand sanitiser works as well, but not as well. Make sure it's 60% alcohol. You can make your own with rubbing alcohol and aloe Vera.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, but washing hands still helps. The fortunate part about the airborne part is that it's reliant on certain things. For example, it needs to be a humid environment and it needs a way to get to the air. That's either by someone coughing/sneezing or by evaporation. In either case if it's not warm enough then the virus will just drop to the ground. It doesn't hang around in the air for a long time. That's why it's best still not to touch your face.
Yes, washing hands helps to a degree but the public needs to be aware that it is in fact an airborne virus. Only then will people start taking it more seriously and understand the importance of distance between people, and not gathering in large numbers.

Across the border in Austria they've banned groups of more than 5 in public. Italy, Spain have banned going outdoors completely though many don't respect it. People need to understand that the concept it's just a surface spread virus is incorrect, and potentially incorrect and fatal causing information.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep. Soap and water is apparently best. If you don't have that then hand wash and water. Detergent and water works really well too.

In a pinch hand sanitiser works as well, but not as well. Make sure it's 60% alcohol. You can make your own with rubbing alcohol and aloe Vera.
We need to ask ourselves why so so many doctors have contracted the virus, and some in China at least have died from it. It's not like they're not washing hands, or wearing gloves.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ffs our team should act like they are sick during the next game, nobody would want to tackle them!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In Europe, they are only treating the young and fit. Old people, transplant patients and chronically ill aren't being treated.

Beware the wounded lion especially when he has given death the finger 12 times ;)

Only reason why I'm actually taking the psy-op seriously is because I have children and I'll finally die my final death for them.
This isn't entirely true. You'll find in a few hospitals in Italy they're treating patients who they believe have a better chance to live (younger and fit) simply because they don't have the resources to save everyone. This is only restricted to Italy, and I believe Lombardy but I could be wrong.

It isn't throughout Europe, and is why so many countries are completely shutting down so that they can control ... to a point ... how many patients come into intensive care. Hopefully not many other countries will go down the same path of Italian doctors and have to make those choices, though I can 100% see it happening in England.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. They have enacted a state of emergency right now. That just allows them to force people to quarantine.
It's got to be done otherwise the health system won't be able to deal with the influx of corona patients.

It really disappoints me how slow Australia has been at reacting to everything. Many people talking about how well the government is doing but I think they've been useless. The fact there's still sporting games on really shocks me, even if it's in empty stadiums. Gotta act now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, washing hands helps to a degree but the public needs to be aware that it is in fact an airborne virus. Only then will people start taking it more seriously and understand the importance of distance between people, and not gathering in large numbers.

Across the border in Austria they've banned groups of more than 5 in public. Italy, Spain have banned going outdoors completely though many don't respect it. People need to understand that the concept it's just a surface spread virus is incorrect, and potentially incorrect and fatal causing information.
They are starting to bring it to public light. The CDC released information saying that it can stay in the air for up to 3 hours. Hopefully it gets out to the rest of the governments.

It also raises a problem that Dr Swan talked about. In places like South Korea and Singapore they are being completely honest with the public and keeping them fully informed. The Australian government is keeping many things under wraps in an attempt to avoid panic. Instead it's just helping to spread the virus.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This isn't entirely true. You'll find in a few hospitals in Italy they're treating patients who they believe have a better chance to live (younger and fit) simply because they don't have the resources to save everyone. This is only restricted to Italy, and I believe Lombardy but I could be wrong.

It isn't throughout Europe, and is why so many countries are completely shutting down so that they can control ... to a point ... how many patients come into intensive care. Hopefully not many other countries will go down the same path of Italian doctors and have to make those choices, though I can 100% see it happening in England.
If it keeps spreading I don't think there'll be much option.

Australia doesn't have the bed capacity to handle 1/10th of what is happening in Italy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m self isolating for 2 weeks. Fuck this lol.!!!
I'm stocking up on some lotion seeing as it will be 2 weeks stuck at home with plenty of time on my hands, excuse the pun.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you stocked up on toilet paper at least?

But seriously, just make sure your internet bill has been paid, and you have plenty of moisturizer handy.
I just said the same thing in my last post haha.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm stocking up on some lotion seeing as it will be 2 weeks stuck at home with plenty of time on my hands, excuse the pun.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I’ve got Netflix an sports etc, don’t know about the lotion but I’m already in isolation and lotion never even crossed my mind :weary:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I’ve got Netflix an sports etc, don’t know about the lotion but I’m already in isolation and lotion never even crossed my mind :weary:
The lotion is not supposed to cross THAT head!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean, unless my girlfriend gets locked down with me (we don't live together) it's going to be a lonely 2 weeks at home, hence the stocking up of lotion haha.

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for any bloke, if we go into lockdown who's missus just gets her period as the lockdown occurs. One whole week of being stuck, no where to go with a menstruating women by your side...may god have mercy on your souls haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.