Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was going to say that it's probably due to it being one person who isn't representative of the whole, but Fox show that stuff all the time.
I love how he posts a short little segment with no context around it what-so-ever and then blames BLM.

It seems it was a protest outside of ICE, but fuck according to dawgfather it's BLM

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I just can't get my head around the mentality some people have. You look at all these people dying in other countries, then look at Australia where the virus is almost entirely snuffed out, and the response is "we have less deaths so we should allow the virus to spread"

I get the anti-lockdown stuff. Lockdowns lead to loss of jobs, business closures. But I don't get why people work so hard to dismiss every aspect of it. Ignore the evidence regarding masks and refuse to wear masks. Go around telling people that the virus is a hoax.

At the lowest level it's pure ignorance. Not accepting the truth because you don't want to accept the truth. At the highest level it's criminal. Encouraging others to ignore the facts because you have no regard for human life.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who downplays the pandemic is just scum. Pure and simple.
The virus is clearly not a 'hoax'. The virus exists and it can infect people and kill some (but very few as a percentage of infections - particularly so amongst healthy people and anyone below 55 or so).

However, it's also important to point out that COVID is not as dangerous as the media and some on this forum have attempted portray. Particularly within Australia. And particularly if you are currently healthy and younger than (say ~55). But that's not the messaging from the media. The media wants everyone to blindly obey (as do state premiers).

It's important to note that there is no consensus or firm science on masks or lockdowns as an effective tool to stop the spread of COVID. Both masks and lockdowns have made no difference throughout the world in countries that have attempted to mandate both.

At the same time people who actually believe in fundamental human rights these days (very few it seems unless the topic is refugees) are well within the bounds of reason to point out that they believe it should be illegal for a government to (for example) require it's citizens to seek approval to fly out of the country. It's also a reasonable argument to make that a government should not be able to force returning citizens (who are not infected with COVID) to quarantine for 2 weeks. Finally it's also perfectly reasonable to argue that a government should not be able to take away it's citizens right to protest.

Further muddying the waters is people's own casual observations where exemptions are frequently given to the wealthy and connected. Leaders themselves who enforce tyrannical government restrictions don't obey their own orders (Chicago, Michigan, California to name a few).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I was going to say that it's probably due to it being one person who isn't representative of the whole, but Fox show that stuff all the time.
haha yes. Because one person caused $1 - $2 billion of damage over months of rioting.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
haha yes. Because one person caused $1 - $2 billion of damage over months of rioting.
Sorry. I must have watched another video because I didn't see $1 billion worth of damage in that video.

I also didn't see a video showing the entire movement saying they want to infect a police officer.

So maybe provide evidence of your statements or stop spreading misinformation. We have enough Tucker Carlsons in the world.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love how he posts a short little segment with no context around it what-so-ever and then blames BLM.

It seems it was a protest outside of ICE, but fuck according to dawgfather it's BLM
Actually I'll retract that last past, the protestors in some articles are called J20 and in other articles called BLM continuous protests for the last 7 weeks. Not sure what they are

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry. I must have watched another video because I didn't see $1 billion worth of damage in that video.

I also didn't see a video showing the entire movement saying they want to infect a police officer.

So maybe provide evidence of your statements or stop spreading misinformation. We have enough Tucker Carlsons in the world.
BLM riots have been responsible for 1-2 billion of property damage and depending whose stats you listen to, 20-30 (or slightly more) deaths, including the death of a black ex police officer (irony runs deep).

Not every single person who went to a BLM riot / protest is a criminal or bad person. However the frightening consistency with which BLM 'protests' ended up in riots and violence and death and destruction last year, leads anyone with half a brain to believe there is a consistent violence associated with BLM.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been interesting to watch just how quickly police and the national guard can go from being 'rrrrrrrrrrrrrracist', to suddenly being so relevant lol.
Maybe in your small little mind.

The protests in Portland (in that short little 1 minute segment you shared), were occurring outside the Democrats building in portland, with windows smashed, they were loudly protesting that Biden wasn't a representative of them, that Biden is a centrist and won't aid their cause.

There were ICE personnel driving past and saying "Hi fucking jihadi" to people walking from one building to another.

But basically a 1 minute short segment, with no context of what occurred before it, would only be posted to provide MISINFORMATION. Something which you are well versed in and only simple minded people would accept at face value

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BLM riots have been responsible for 1-2 billion of property damage and depending whose stats you listen to, 20-30 (or slightly more) deaths, including the death of a black ex police officer (irony runs deep).

Not every single person who went to a BLM riot / protest is a criminal or bad person. However the frightening consistency with which BLM 'protests' ended up in riots and violence and death and destruction last year, leads anyone with half a brain to believe there is a consistent violence associated with BLM.
Now explain to me how this is relevant to the discussion.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe in your small little mind.

The protests in Portland (in that short little 1 minute segment you shared), were occurring outside the Democrats building in portland, with windows smashed, they were loudly protesting that Biden wasn't a representative of them, that Biden is a centrist and won't aid their cause.

There were ICE personnel driving past and saying "Hi fucking jihadi" to people walking from one building to another.

But basically a 1 minute short segment, with no context of what occurred before it, would only be posted to provide MISINFORMATION. Something which you are well versed in and only simple minded people would accept at face value
No one said antifa and BLM are coherent or make any sense.

unsurprising they’re attacking the democrat office given Biden still things Antifa is just ‘an idea’ lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No one said antifa and BLM are coherent or make any sense.

unsurprising they’re attacking the democrat office given Biden still things Antifa is just ‘an idea’ lol
Let's not change the topic here.

We're talking about context and how simple minded people don't search for context. You're still showing, by this post, that you haven't searched for context and understanding, thereby I come to a deduction that you are simple minded.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly it's getting kind of annoying.

Everytime we start having a discussion, you change the subject...

"Covid-19 is becoming a major issue in America"

"but BLM did damage and stuff!"
If you weren't so dishonest and a blatant liar people would move on. You should be ashamed of yourself.

On the flip side everyone quickly agreed the Capitol building riots were unequivocally wrong, regardless of what beliefs they had about the election being rigged (which was the right thing to do).

However that same standard never applied to BLM last year.

There was such a lack of people willing to point out that months of BLM riots were wrong, that people now feel the need to point it out.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You're lying again.

93% to 95% of it was peaceful.
If you riot and burn cities for months, even 93% of the peaceful protests means you have still burned down parts of many cities and killed many people along the way.

Just like the fact that a small percentage of the hundreds of thousands at Capitol Hill that were actually responsible for any criminality.

But unlike you and Hacky, I'm not an ideologue so I'm more than happy to point out the faults of the Trump supporters who engaged in criminal activity.

I'm also capable of original thought (unlike Hacky) so I can very easily see that a single half day protest does not create a consistent pattern like months of riots does.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you weren't so dishonest and a blatant liar people would move on. You should be ashamed of yourself.

On the flip side everyone quickly agreed the Capitol building riots were unequivocally wrong, regardless of what beliefs they had about the election being rigged (which was the right thing to do).

However that same standard never applied to BLM last year.

There was such a lack of people willing to point out that months of BLM riots were wrong, that people now feel the need to point it out.
Nice projecting again Snowflake.

Literally every "lefty" on this forum agreed that the looting and rioting was wrong and the looter and rioters should be arrested. Myself and the "lefties" only ever supported the peaceful protesters. We stated that to you multiple times and each time you ignored it and pushed the same narrative.

That's because you are:

A ) Extremely dishonest

and

B ) A troll

Status
Not open for further replies.