Corey Thompson on Steve Matai

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bulldogs Bin

I think Corey's performance deserves a huge mention. He was brilliant last night, in particular his defence. His one-on-one tackling was superb despite a miss or two and really contained Steve Matai. On form, he warrants a starting position.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely agree.

Really taking his chances nicely. Good to see how he is coming along.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Corey's performance deserves a huge mention. He was brilliant last night, in particular his defence. His one-on-one tackling was superb despite a miss or two and really contained Steve Matai. On form, he warrants a starting position.
Totally agree ,has a massive ticker and great under the high ball

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm quickly becoming a big fan of this kid. He tipifies what the Bulldogs have always relied on with wingers... small and tough.

He's been maybe our buy of the year in my opinion and I think he's only just scratching the surface of what we'll be seeing of him in the years to come.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am a fan he has passion ,skill, motivation and vision. A future captain for sure

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big fan but not on the wing. Should get a shot at fb.

Marley, I know you hate the idea so I will get you a rake!

JMP2024

Waterboy
Reaction score
Absolute top class winger, very clever given his size. In the mould of Perrett, does the 1% consistently.
Would be my first choice starting winger week in week out.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Corey's taller than Hazem El Masri...so saying he's too short for FB is bullshit...

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just like our other Corey from days gone by (i.e. Corey Hughes), Corey Thompson is all Heart (pardon the pun). Top player. Plays well above his (h/w)eight.
Totally agree ,has a massive ticker and great under the high ball

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey's taller than Hazem El Masri...so saying he's too short for FB is bullshit...
I'm so sick of hearing this he's too short BS. I'm pretty sure he is the same height as Slater and we never hear people call him too small

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He goes well should be given a shot a fb.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm so sick of hearing this he's too short BS. I'm pretty sure he is the same height as Slater and we never hear people call him too small
So you wanna compare skaters skill to thompsons? Lol skaters build is completely different and is just a complete athlete

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if perhaps over the offseason Thompson will train up as fullback for 2015?

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe people saying he is too short, Mitch Brown is tall as and is sh!t at catching high balls. At least Corey isn't scared of putting his body on the line.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but is he out leading tryscorer this season?

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
He has been great for us all year in fact, our backs, while not flashy, have been first rate. They are a group of players striving to do their best for their club. Sometimes they can make mistakes, like everyone else. But they all have my vote.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I have full confidence in him , imo he has overtaken Chase Stanley . Pretty soon he may be partnered by his QLD cup mate who sounds like a gun . Maybe Crusher Cleal is starting to put in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.