Corey Payne - New Panthers CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
http://www.nrl.com/education-key-for-new-panthers-ceo-payne/tabid/10874/newsid/94891/default.aspx

For some reason I missed this and apologies if posted elsewhere.

We fucked up here, guy is a gun with serious business acumen.

Hopefully he finds his way back to us somehow/sometime.

Feel free to delete if this has been posted...
How did 'we' fuck up? I thought he retired to pursue his career academically?

Are you one of those supporters who look for any reason to bag on the bulldogs management?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How did 'we' fuck up? I thought he retired to pursue his career academically?

Are you one of those supporters who look for any reason to bag on the bulldogs management?
Excellent business acumen and Masters of Commerce to boot + a guy who bled blue and white, you'd think we'd have a role for him somewhere in the club, at least to be groomed for such a role!

Feel free to read my posts and history before tagging me with "one of those supporters who look for any reason to bag Bulldogs management", I think you'll find I'm the opposite.

Are you one of those supporters who bag fellow supporters without knowing jack about them?

Cheers

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wtf I thought he was still playing somewhere.

I remember the players used to say how he talked about the stock market in the changing room and they had no fuking idea what he was on about. It was lolz.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish him well at the Pennies (it wouldn't be easy putting up with Gould).

But I don't see how we "fucked up". Hiring a 31 year old CEO is a big risk for an organisation, regardless of how smart he is or who he happened to play footy for. Time will tell if he becomes a good CEO.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
He looks like he has the charisma for it!
It doesn't say anywhere that to become a CEO, that you must be an out of touch,limp dick,old dinosaur to be suited.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent business acumen and Masters of Commerce to boot + a guy who bled blue and white, you'd think we'd have a role for him somewhere in the club, at least to be groomed for such a role!

Feel free to read my posts and history before tagging me with "one of those supporters who look for any reason to bag Bulldogs management", I think you'll find I'm the opposite.

Are you one of those supporters who bag fellow supporters without knowing jack about them?

Cheers
I don't believe he was working in league prior to this appointment. Pretty sure he had a corporate gig at Woolworths so can't blame anybody for him not being involved with the club. Have a look at his Linkedin and you'll see he was doing work that we couldn't offer.

https://au.linkedin.com/in/coreypayne16

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't believe he was working in league prior to this appointment. Pretty sure he had a corporate gig at Woolworths so can't blame anybody for him not being involved with the club. Have a look at his Linkedin and you'll see he was doing work that we couldn't offer.

https://au.linkedin.com/in/coreypayne16
Thanks Baby Blues, I agree with your point to an extent, but surprised we couldn't offer him a role somewhere, I'm sure he'd love to be involved with the club somewhere.

As someone who works for a big corporate, we have a whole division dedicated to talent acquisition, succession planning, grooming of existing talent and a multitude of jigsaws ready to go for every scenario which may arise.

I just liked the bloke and being so young, maybe the gig at The Panthers may be good experience, obviously Gould sees something in him.

Good luck to him, hope he finds his way back to the club in some capacity at some stage.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish him well at the Pennies (it wouldn't be easy putting up with Gould).

But I don't see how we "fucked up". Hiring a 31 year old CEO is a big risk for an organisation, regardless of how smart he is or who he happened to play footy for. Time will tell if he becomes a good CEO.
I didn't say we should've hired him as CEO (maybe I should've prefaced my first comment with this) but would've been great knowing a guy with obvious talent, in touch with the club/culture/tradition was at least involved with the club in some capacity and not the Panthers.

Regardless, I hope he does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.