corey hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
had to admit tha corey had a pretty good game last night,,
he looked very focused and directed the play really and well that let shifty play ancramped
and he did alot of the work that shifty usually does to direct play.
did some good work in defence and made a few smart dummy half runs for good metres.
he certainly out played perry on the night and i think he did a better job last night that the best attacking game grimmers has done in the last few weeks as a replacement..

keep plaing focused corey and cement your spot,
no more bloody penalties(spesh in attack)
cause in my opinion we only need one hooker,

but well done,,
with only 16 players for most of the match,we needed everyone focused and you held your own :grinning:

nikki_luvs_yaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeh, he played well...i thought the whole team was really foucused. Mark O'mealy was a stand out for me

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
im not saying corey was a standout,,

just that he didnt dissapoint me at all last night,,

was his best game for a while

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
That's his 4th good game in a row, if you take away that dumb penalty he game away last week. Good on ya Corey..

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

well done corey playing great guns behind our champion pack.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Corey Hughes is an integral part of the Bulldogs machine. Those who think otherwise probably don't know a lot about Rugby League. His pass selection, team direction, toughness, alertness and passion for the Dogs should be celebrated, not bagged.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
old school dog u have fukn no idea.. perry should be on the bench with grimmers starting.. no doubt.. obviously he had a good game.. the whole team did.. but when the team plays average.. we need someone to step up, corey has never done that and never will
he plays well when ppl around him play well.. try and prove me wrong hey! i bet u couldnt..

i know my footy, trust me!

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
Bulldogs50 said:
old school dog u have fukn no idea.. perry should be on the bench with grimmers starting.. no doubt.. obviously he had a good game.. the whole team did.. but when the team plays average.. we need someone to step up, corey has never done that and never will
he plays well when ppl around him play well.. try and prove me wrong hey! i bet u couldnt..

i know my footy, trust me!

bull****,,corey changed the momentum of the 2004 semi agains penrith our way..when penrith got a roll on,corey pulled of the 40/20 which took us from defence to outright attack.we were doing nothing in attack until that turning point of the game

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
coastaldog said:
bull****,,corey changed the momentum of the 2004 semi agains penrith our way..when penrith got a roll on,corey pulled of the 40/20 which took us from defence to outright attack.we were doing nothing in attack until that turning point of the game

TBH, That was probably Hughes' best career game, from what I've seen, but he didn't exactly change the momentum. The Bulldogs' were all over the Panthers that night.

He can never really be the spark we need when we're down.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
Majn00n™ said:
TBH, That was probably Hughes' best career game, from what I've seen, but he didn't exactly change the momentum. The Bulldogs' were all over the Panthers that night.

He can never really be the spark we need when we're down.
thankyou!

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
old school dog said:
Corey Hughes is an integral part of the Bulldogs machine. Those who think otherwise probably don't know a lot about Rugby League. His pass selection, team direction, toughness, alertness and passion for the Dogs should be celebrated, not bagged.
I'm going to back you on that one, old school dog. The boys really lift when Corey comes on barking directions. He can read a game like a book and doesn't mind a bit of rough stuff.

You'll find the bandwagoners don't like him that much because he isn't on every magazine cover flexing his muscles or showing his latest tattoo. The bloke is a true workhorse and a legend. Folkes isn't an idiot and I'm sure Corey would get the arse if he wasn't making the grade. Just my opinion. :grinning:

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
old school dog said:
Our forwards agree with you, they seem to love the ball hitting their legs.

Corey is nothing special he is an average hooker and he gives away needless penalties quite often. As long as he gets rid of the penalties then im happy with him as our hooker.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
Brent said:
I'm going to back you on that one, old school dog. The boys really lift when Corey comes on barking directions. He can read a game like a book and doesn't mind a bit of rough stuff.

You'll find the bandwagoners don't like him that much because he isn't on every magazine cover flexing his muscles or showing his latest tattoo. The bloke is a true workhorse and a legend. Folkes isn't an idiot and I'm sure Corey would get the arse if he wasn't making the grade. Just my opinion. :grinning:
You calling me a bandwagoner u imbecile!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
HIs passing is shocking.

He is a good defender and always chases very well. But through out his career as soon as he does a great play like run after a 60m kick and pin the ball returner in their own 10 he will start to give him a facial and elbow his nose or rub his face in the ground and gets penalised 2 times out of 10. He does it in every single tackle he makes. Luckily though the refs give him a few warnings before blowing the penalty.

He did some good tactical kicks on friday night. Probably the best kicking display i have seen from him in a while. The 2004 semi kick was a fluke. Corey usually kicks out on the full. The 2004 semi 40/20 was almost heading the same way.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys are all fair dinkim supporters of the dogs and you watch all there games! Which as members of this sight I would hope you all do. Anyone who says Corey Hughes isn't a good player has a pre-conceived one eyed approach against him for whatever reason & whatever he does on the field thats good you will down play it. In the same breath if he does something you see as bad your all over it blowing it out of proportion.

You should all get a job at the telecrap because its the same S##T that they serve up.(see what you want to see!)

Granted he does have brain explosions at times & gives away the odd stupid penalty. But on the whole he has been a servant to the Bulldogs. He plays the game with passion and that is what is needed in every team. Never gives up! To all you who cannot see past a few indescretions he makes, as opposed to the value he brings to the team. Then I am sorry to say you watch the game but don't understand the game. If you speak to anyone who has ever played along side the man, they will all say they were glad they did. His vision is as good as anyone who plays the game. He does alot of the small things which make others look good.

He might not be the best hooker running around. But he is currently the best we have! Support your team. Take your bias glasses off Corey and watch him. You might get a surprise and realise behind the odd penalty. He is a quality player in all areas of the game. Defence, Attack, Kicking & Vision for others.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CMP said:
If you guys are all fair dinkim supporters of the dogs and you watch all there games! Which as members of this sight I would hope you all do. Anyone who says Corey Hughes isn't a good player has a pre-conceived one eyed approach against him for whatever reason & whatever he does on the field thats good you will down play it. In the same breath if he does something you see as bad your all over it blowing it out of proportion.

You should all get a job at the telecrap because its the same S##T that they serve up.(see what you want to see!)

Granted he does have brain explosions at times & gives away the odd stupid penalty. But on the whole he has been a servant to the Bulldogs. He plays the game with passion and that is what is needed in every team. Never gives up! To all you who cannot see past a few indescretions he makes, as opposed to the value he brings to the team. Then I am sorry to say you watch the game but don't understand the game. If you speak to anyone who has ever played along side the man, they will all say they were glad they did. His vision is as good as anyone who plays the game. He does alot of the small things which make others look good.

He might not be the best hooker running around. But he is currently the best we have! Support your team. Take your bias glasses off Corey and watch him. You might get a surprise and realise behind the odd penalty. He is a quality player in all areas of the game. Defence, Attack, Kicking & Vision for others.

Hi corey

You have been playing well lately. Keep it up champ.

Sorry about people saying you are crap. I know you dont mean it :D

Say hi to all the boys at training from the kennel.

And also tell myles that he should not be the captain of the ugly team. He might be a bench player but certainly not captain/coach.

Good luck on the weekend. And you are allowed to do your dirty deeds this week and make sure you get braith good.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
boggie23 said:
Hi corey

You have been playing well lately. Keep it up champ.

Sorry about people saying you are crap. I know you dont mean it :D

Say hi to all the boys at training from the kennel.

And also tell myles that he should not be the captain of the ugly team. He might be a bench player but certainly not captain/coach.

Good luck on the weekend. And you are allowed to do your dirty deeds this week and make sure you get braith good.
Your so funny i need to stich myself up!

It shows to me your a football follower but have clearly never played the game. Or if you have were always the last to get picked.

Support your team & stop bagging them! Unless you have a solution to a problem don't winge about the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.