Official Corey Allan released

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 62317

Official statement on bulldogs website
Corey Allan has been released from the final year of his contract with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, effective immediately.

We thank Corey for his two years of service to the Bulldogs and wish him all the best for the future.
3 were supposed to be gone...1 down 2 to go :tonguewink:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Roosters signings are fucking awful. Jaxson Paulo, Jake Turpin and now Corey Allan. Yuck!

I'm going to be honest here, Paulo and Allan are worse than Okunbor. I don't care if anyone agrees or not. I watched every Paulo game this year.
They will all look better at Rooster and they'd all be on close to minimum wage and they're back-ups.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're absolutely missing the point. Allan (50 FG games), Paulo (42) and Turpin (60) will sit in NSW Cup as over qualified injury cover.

Roosters will go close to winning 2023
Rooster usually stack their 13, add a couple of washed NRL players as depth and the rest are total nobodies. Their 13 isn't as stacked as it usually is this year imo.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surley something is brewing. Not saying Allan is great (in fact he has been below average) but you dont get rid of your starting centre and back up centre/fullback (thank goodness Allan is gone TBH) and are left with your halfback from the start of 2022 playing fullback.

You'd think we are moving a few pieces around now to get a bigger head start on 2024 (when we already have big money coming off our cap).

Think of it. Jackson, Schoupp, Allan all gone before kick off of 2023..... Varying degree of money has been freed up, if you front load a few contracts this year, then it will make it easier to fit in burton down the line along with hitting the open market for a half, fullback, prop, back.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It wasn't exactly hard playing on the end of Parra backline. I think he's better suited to centre, fullback, 5/8 and then wing. @KiwiDog7 ???

Na Jake is way better, wash your mouth out. Burns meh, bloke gets cooked defending at centre.
Fullback in juniors, seemed to do alright at centre in reserve grade.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters signings are fucking awful. Jaxson Paulo, Jake Turpin and now Corey Allan. Yuck!

I'm going to be honest here, Paulo and Allan are worse than Okunbor. I don't care if anyone agrees or not. I watched every Paulo game this year.
I'm never going to be president of the Corey Allan fan club but "worse than Okunbor" is probably actionable.

I shall have to keep an eye on Paulo - it could be entertaining watching somebody worse than Oki going around provided it's not us he's playing for.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waddell and Flanagan and Thompson to go in 23 1.6 million just there,Moses on a million, buy a prop and upgrade done
Surley something is brewing. Not saying Allan is great (in fact he has been below average) but you dont get rid of your starting centre and back up centre/fullback (thank goodness Allan is gone TBH) and are left with your halfback from the start of 2022 playing fullback.

You'd think we are moving a few pieces around now to get a bigger head start on 2024 (when we already have big money coming off our cap).

Think of it. Jackson, Schoupp, Allan all gone before kick off of 2023..... Varying degree of money has been freed up, if you front load a few contracts this year, then it will make it easier to fit in burton down the line along with hitting the open market for a half, fullback, prop, back.
I09900112178

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes and Jake back to halfback ;)
Honestly would not be opposed to giving him another crack now we have a proper hooker. At least he can run the ball. Organising still needs some work but stint at fullback should have helped.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Waddell and Flanagan and Thompson to go in 23 1.6 million just there,Moses on a million, buy a prop and upgrade done

I09900112178
Honestly unless we are going to give a top 30 spot to a young talent at minimum wage there would be no point offloading Waddell in his last year. His contract is not big enough to provide any significant benefit really.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Good luck to Corey. Still wanna see him do well. Hopefully gets a run elsewhere. Gus is a fkn sick cunntt for this one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly would not be opposed to giving him another crack now we have a proper hooker. At least he can run the ball. Organising still needs some work but stint at fullback should have helped.
Him and Burton combined better in two games than Burton and Flanagan did all season. We should've started last season 2/2 but we bombed a stack of tries against the Broncos and that had nothing to do with Jake, we also managed something like 9 line breaks in the first two games and that was something unheard of at the Dogs. We then bottled the game against Manly the following week where they were fucking awful so actually we should've been 3/3 with Jake still there. Like i said at the time it was the dumbest decision we'd make all year, whoever started the year at halfback should've stayed there for an extended period but instead we fucked ourselves from the get go with some stupid musical chairs bs.