Cook signs with Souths for 2 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely disgusted in des if true ,he is letting go of good players and signing no one and re signing sammy ****ing perret ffs des has the same issue of trex a big fat pay cheque and not giving a ****

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well That will do me and John Folau is available maybe we can sign him for cheap

Last edited by a moderator:

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
People will see this as a fail by the club but honestly what do they expect? Souths are in need of a full time first grade hooker, we are not. Cook has played 3 good first grade games in his career, before that he has been nothing more than a battler. His ball distribution is still very suspect but people are jizzing over him because he's the flavour of the month. I could be proved wrong but I don't see this as a great loss, getting into a bidding war and paying overs for a NSW cup player would have been irresponsible by the club.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Absolutely disgusted in des if true ,he is letting go of good players and signing no one and re signing sammy ****ing perret ffs des has the same issue of trex a big fat pay cheque and not giving a ****
I don't think it would have been up to Des. Souths have something to offer that we don't, a full time first grade position. At 24 I doubt playing nsw cup was much of an incentive to stay

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would have been up to Des. Souths have something to offer that we don't, a full time first grade position. At 24 I doubt playing nsw cup was much of an incentive to stay
I just think he did show a lot of potential and you will find a place for good players ,our recruitment or lack of lately is killing me lately ,it all seems one way traffic letting players go signing no one

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
History repeating? Didn't Souths sign Issac Luke from the Dogs lower grades?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If allowed to play his natural game he will do well at Souths. Can't say I blame him for moving on. There's a massive issue with Des and his ego and proving certain things with players.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People will see this as a fail by the club but honestly what do they expect? Souths are in need of a full time first grade hooker, we are not. Cook has played 3 good first grade games in his career, before that he has been nothing more than a battler. His ball distribution is still very suspect but people are jizzing over him because he's the flavour of the month. I could be proved wrong but I don't see this as a great loss, getting into a bidding war and paying overs for a NSW cup player would have been irresponsible by the club.
I hope you're right mate. He was definitely pushing for a first grade spot. I guess we'll never know. Unless we get worked over by Souths next time we play and he gets MOM

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Well done Bulldogs keep getting rubbish players and offloading good players

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I just think he did show a lot of potential and you will find a place for good players ,our recruitment or lack of lately is killing me lately ,it all seems one way traffic letting players go signing no one
The place we had for him was in nsw cup. We tried to keep him but couldn't offer the same opportunity. We can't force players to stay

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
At the end of the day if Lichaa didn't get injured nobody would give a **** about this news. Lichaa is 1000x the player. If Mbye signed elsewhere after rnd 12 it would have been a travesty, now people wouldn't care. Flavours change so quickly is rugby league. Cook is just the flavour of the month. Only playing a handful of first grade games at different clubs since he debuted suggests he isn't all that good

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
FMD! We'd only just got over the DT article on JT, now this!
Yeah but Cook hasn't done anything undesirable in a pool in Coffs Harbour that would make the club want to see the back of him, and please don't you dare even think about making a comparison to the two players lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The place we had for him was in nsw cup. We tried to keep him but couldn't offer the same opportunity. We can't force players to stay
Players will leave if they continue to be stuck in nsw cup and not given an oppurtunity,surely you are depressed at how 2016 is looking ? What is there to look forward too ? Des needs to make some serious changes

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a ****ing joke, how dumb is our club. Lichaa is shit and average at best. Absolutely pathetic. We need a clean out starting at our CEO right through to the coaching ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.