Controversy Corner - Grahame Hughes on Dean Pay and whats going on

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone saw the Controversy Corner episode this evening.

Grahame Hughes talks about Dean Pay, our Cap situation and how Klemmer wanted to leave for more cash.

Thank Foxtel I.Q for the rewind feature.

Took an age to upload and i aint sure about the quality, but its better than nothing.

After watching and listening to Hughes, it sounds like next year is going to be worse than this year and God knows how that is possible.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If anyone had a chance to ask some questions one on one, the main consistent message taken from the members forum was nothing will change for 2020..

however the club expect the squad to improve from playing together for 12-24months..

Last edited:

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
WoW

How depressing

On the upside, looks like Pay will be gone by the end of the year

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good work by the board getting Hughes on board to be their mouthpiece in the media. Some fans will probably find it more acceptable hearing it on the TV.

On the upside, looks like Pay will be gone by the end of the year
If that's the case next year won't be as bad as this one.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By the looks of it Jackson, Hoppa and Tolman must be close to a $1m back ended contract.

Foran must be pushing between 1.5-2m

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm with Toov's, where's the cash? I will never believe in a zillion years we are that fuked now Cap wise after letting those blokes go. I've said it before, I think players are saying no to the club and they don't want anyone to know.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is more to it. Hughes is more passionate and would be barking back at everyone but he knows deep down they are screwed. The squad won’t change next year but a valid point will be signing a new coach for next year to build his squad and get some signings. How can we sign anyone next year when no 1 knows who the coach will be for 2021.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Toov's, where's the cash? I will never believe in a zillion years we are that fuked now Cap wise after letting those blokes go. I've said it before, I think players are saying no to the club and they don't want anyone to know.
Agree.... all those players and and we don’t have $ in the cap to sign anyone my ass..... he just said it, klem went for more money and Morris boys also... so we could have kept them for less? Where is that money now? It’s a load of bs and as you said I just think no one wants to play for us atm

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know exactly where you are coming from, and im with you, BUT, i have heard Eastwood was on a 800k backended contract, Graham was on a 950k backended contract, obviously in their final year.

Lichaa was also on 500k, so whos knows what else has been done?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Waiting for twin turbo to knock everyone and everything on its head with his stake....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I know exactly where you are coming from, and im with you, BUT, i have heard Eastwood was on a 800k backended contract, Graham was on a 950k backended contract, obviously in their final year.

Lichaa was also on 500k, so whos knows what else has been done?
I know but most if not all of the backended contracts should be expired by now or this year. I still think that no-one of any quality wants to come over. Obviously the club would never admit this as it would be embarrassing plus weaken their chances of staying in power.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not good !!

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This board is milking the fuck out of this cap drama. Swear they're just going to fuck us for two seasons straight so they can sell the club with a relatively empty roster to an established coach.
Our current roster is weak as piss....

though, they should find an established coach ASAP and have him in just after Origin is done and dusted

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well usually when they start talking about a Coach under pressure they're goneski's.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This board is milking the fuck out of this cap drama. Swear they're just going to fuck us for two seasons straight so they can sell the club with a relatively empty roster to an established coach.
It certainly does seem odd how the fuck $9 mill is being spent on this team