Contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
The word gets thrown around a fair bit amongst League supporters.

Over at the Souths forum they're calling us pretenders and saying we've ridden our luck.

What do you guys think?

I think we're contenders this year.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We beat 3 teams that were in the top 4 last season..if that doesnt make us contenders, then I don't know what will..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's too early to call mate. Anything can happen between now and then.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i don't see why not, havn't seen an attack from any side that's overly great

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as i didnt expect it, we are. Souffs fans are just butthurt that their team only plays for 60 minutes and ours 80. Its early in the season and our defence is already top notch, given a few more weeks i believe our attack will click.

I would've been happy with a 4-3 or even a 3-4 start as long as we were in every game, but 5-2 is beyond impressive

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
our 2 losses were 1 set short of being wins, so yeah, we are contenders

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
We just have to make sure we're not relying on Hodkinson to kick at 100% (like the last 3 weeks) to win by 1.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
While I have enjoyed our wins, I don't think we played well enough to beat Roosters or Souths if they were playing their best. Souths were under strength as well.

Having said that, we certainly didn't play at what I believe our best would be either.

So I feel that we are contenders, at this point. However, I think we need to improve a little.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as i didnt expect it, we are. Souffs fans are just butthurt that their team only plays for 60 minutes and ours 80. Its early in the season and our defence is already top notch, given a few more weeks i believe our attack will click.

I would've been happy with a 4-3 or even a 3-4 start as long as we were in every game, but 5-2 is beyond impressive
Our attack still looks disjointed...I'm watching the other teams and they have these great sweeping set plays, its not reliant on 1 line break from a guy like Lafai, Reynolds or Hokko.

We are still standing too flat in attack imo.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our attack still looks disjointed...I'm watching the other teams and they have these great sweeping set plays, its not reliant on 1 line break from a guy like Lafai, Reynolds or Hokko.

We are still standing too flat in attack imo.
Our set plays through the backline don't look like very smooth at all.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
INTERESTING FACT:

The winning margin of our last 3 games, is the average number of teeth and IQ a Souths supporter has.

Diesel

Waterboy
Reaction score
You do realise attack is only half the game. Defence is the other and we are easily the best so yes just based on that we are contenders.

There's no guarantee Souths or Easts will improve. Everyone thought we would last year and we didn't.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Under the radar...

Let them all keep thinking we're pretenders.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
souths calling us pretenders is funny, this is like parramatta fans saying the dogs are crap

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
who remembers when they pulled out the roosters forever in our shadow banner, next minute the roosters took their minor premiership and then converted it into a real premiership

also who remembers when souths won a premiership? my grandma tells me it was a great day tbh

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This early in the season everyone is a pretender, after the Origin series is where the real fun starts. If we are there or thereabouts then look out..... You have just have to look at our team from 2012 to now. When we finally click across the park it will be scary. I'm in no rush.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
This early in the season everyone is a pretender, after the Origin series is where the real fun starts. If we are there or thereabouts then look out..... You have just have to look at our team from 2012 to now. When we finally click across the park it will be scary. I'm in no rush.
no some teams arent even pretending to be good, for example cronulla

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The word gets thrown around a fair bit amongst League supporters.

Over at the Souths forum they're calling us pretenders and saying we've ridden our luck.

What do you guys think?

I think we're contenders this year.
souths fans are just shitty because their team now has Bryson Goodwin.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
souths calling us pretenders is funny, this is like parramatta fans saying the dogs are crap
oh-m-gee sharks fan on my facebook feeder posted 'Who cares if the dogs won. There a shit team'

so much fail

Status
Not open for further replies.