Official Consolidated Trent Barrett Leaving Bulldogs Thread

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
There are a good 15 or 16 players that are responsible for this club's record as much as Trent Barette has been held to account. There's no way it should all fall on Trent, the fucking missed tackles, the stupid penalties and the errors were on the field and not something that should fall solely on a coach. I hope Phil Gould has named a good 15 or 16 players in front of their peers and board members to say this is also on you.
Yes but there should be a good enough coach that can drill that shit out of them. Fuking annihilate them at training until they get the message at the very least, but just do something. Seems like Ferris promised them a zinger box for every knock on

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There are a good 15 or 16 players that are responsible for this club's record as much as Trent has been held to account. There's no way it should all fall on Trent, the fucking missed tackles, the stupid penalties and the errors were on the field and not something that should fall solely on a coach. I hope Phil Gould has named a good 15 or 16 players in front of their peers and board members to say this is also on you.
Yes agree these errors have contributed to us losing games. But last season we had the best completion rate in the comp and did fuck all with it. That lack of creativity is something that a coach needs to address. Our fitness levels also are a major concern with our coach hasn’t addressed. He’s just not an nrl standard coach

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is what the club needed BUT fuck it's still an awful feeling. He came to the club proud of his love for the Bulldogs and its traditions and heritage.

He tried to instil that into the playing group and had them mingle with the local community and kept bringing various ex-players to come and mingle with the young playing group.

He had the best intentions and I know this is a results-driven business but I think we've laid the boot into Trent quite enough. He was a good guy who again had his chance at coaching and it didn't work out for him or the team and club.

Good luck to him in his future endeavours and I hope he finds success in whatever he does next.
Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is what the club needed BUT fuck it's still an awful feeling. He came to the club proud of his love for the Bulldogs and its traditions and heritage.

He tried to instil that into the playing group and had them mingle with the local community and kept bringing various ex-players to come and mingle with the young playing group.

He had the best intentions and I know this is a results-driven business but I think we've laid the boot into Trent quite enough. He was a good guy who again had his chance at coaching and it didn't work out for him or the team and club.

Good luck to him in his future endeavours and I hope he finds success in whatever he does next.
Very well said mate. I have no doubts he can coach but our roster just didnt suit him.

The lack of a quality halfback and hooker has killed him. His decision to go all in for Flanagan really hurt him. I would love to see him interviewed in a few weeks and publicly say what he would do differently

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
the club is embarrassing, TB is not great but i doubt he's THIS bad. the fact that they can't produce players, they don't even need to be stars but competent guys in the spine for SO long has crippled us

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should potter might take over till then. Wasn’t the rumour Flanagan was spotted weeks ago At belmore? Him or Wolfe are my picks

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like i said, barrett was forced to quit so Bulldogs admin can save face.

Enjoy the payout barrett, the dogs board will not question the amount....

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
not a fan of Barrett but it doesn’t help when your players are rubbish even ado Carr and burton look rubbish in our side

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And now we take a huge step into the unknown. Some of the players are going to have to mature real fast if we are any chance of a positive turn around in the next season and a half.