Consolidated Des vs Refs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved wat Bennett said about that's all he's got to worry about coz he's teams going so good

Stark Industry

Waterboy
Reaction score
Watching the replay on laptop. Just heard this after that 4th penalty in a row for stripping. It was on the last tackle and the Knight player was obviously trying to offload the ball but was held by 4 tacklers. A bulldog player says, "Why would we strip it?" A very good question since the Knight was going nowhere and it was the last tackle. The ref's reply? (drum roll) "I don't know I'm not a psychologist!" (boom boom go the drums). Conclusion? The refs are obviously better at punchlines on the run than good calls.

P

Promiscuous

^ i remember that slightly from the game.

"im a referee not a psychologist"

youre a faggot robinson

Stark Industry

Waterboy
Reaction score
Watching the replay on laptop. Just heard this after that 4th penalty in a row for stripping. It was on the last tackle and the Knight player was obviously trying to offload the ball but was held by 4 tacklers. A bulldog player says, "Why would we strip it?" A very good question since the Knight was going nowhere and it was the last tackle. The ref's reply? (drum roll) "I don't know I'm not a psychologist!" (boom boom go the drums). Conclusion? The refs are obviously better at punchlines on the run than good calls.
And as a result of that 4th penalty Uate scored Newcastle's first try at the stroke of half time.

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Simple, get the microphones off the refs. Do we really need to hear what they say? It's bad enough every single decision is analysed and slowed down to nit pick every call.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple, get the microphones off the refs. Do we really need to hear what they say? It's bad enough every single decision is analysed and slowed down to nit pick every call.
If they didnt hav mics we wudnt hear all this stuff they say???? Its the refs fault not us putting mics on them

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
what about when hes talking to cuthbertson..
" i couldve penalised you for any of those 4 tackles"

why didnt he?

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i would appeal the fine as a show of support for Hasler's comments, which i think were justified in view of what was said by the refs... the NRL will reject the appeal and once they do, we should move on

Stark Industry

Waterboy
Reaction score
Loved watching big Willy Mason standing hands on hips at the in goal after the fourth try within 15 minutes. His face said it all.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Had a bad feeling we were going to have an issue with these referees after their inability to understand what an obstruction is...3 of our 4 tries been sent to the video ref (which 2 of those 3 were clear tries...fair enough that Johno Wrights 1st try was checked).

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the recorded version just played on foxsports: Which could work wonders for us, whilst everybody know understands what was said between the two "men" in pink.

Referee 1 whilst Inu taking conversion.."WOW Newcastle haven't had the ball...this game may change very quickly".

Referee 2: "very true"
What the NRL should be very concerned about is not that Des brought up the referees chatter, then the lopsided penalty count that followed, but why the Pink Pansies needed to say anything about it at all and how they thought "the game would change very quickly". Surely even referees have seen a one sided dominance of a game before.

The other thing the NRL needs to carefully consider is the context and tone in which these remarks were made.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Could of used the 10K to fund a search party to find Iris and Pea and settle this on-going question.

Seriously though, Gallop leaves and the refs take over. When you know you have uncle Harrigan and and uncle Raper to hide behind every time you f*ck up, why would you care about the repercussions of being unprofessional or doing a half-arsed job?

If I had boss's like them who came to my rescue every week, I'd just go to work, jerk off on all the equipment and workmates, take a piss in the coffee machine and give the good ol' one finger salute as I did burnouts in the carpark after clocking off early everyday.. Who's gonna punish me? I'd be a protected f*cking species son!

Status
Not open for further replies.