Consolidated ASADA Investigation Thread - No Names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I said it before, the Cronulla Players involved are big names (1 in particular is very big) nothing will come out of this and he wont be named even though he knowingly was injecting GH..

His scalp is too big to be rolled...
Of course nothing will come of it, the NRL have always had their favourite sons they kept a certain hall of fame persons drug problem secret, everybody that played the game or knew somebody that did knew about his drug habit.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course nothing will come of it, the NRL have always had their favourite sons they kept a certain hall of fame persons drug problem secret, everybody that played the game or knew somebody that did knew about his drug habit.
Exactly. Hell even I knew about it, a guy from work told me and apparently it was common knowledge in Rugby League circles. How more questions weren't raised by the media regarding this is astounding.

From that time on I have viewed the NRL as corrupt and laugh every time they try and take the moral high ground with anything.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly. Hell even I knew about it, a guy from work told me and apparently it was common knowledge in Rugby League circles. How more questions weren't raised by the media regarding this is astounding.

From that time on I have viewed the NRL as corrupt and laugh every time they try and take the moral high ground with anything.
But I also think if it was a big name Bulldogs player it would be all over the media and the NRL would make and example of them.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score

But I also think if it was a big name Bulldogs player it would be all over the media and the NRL would make and example of them.
to bad the nrl isent running this investigation

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
to bad the nrl isent running this investigation
The police were also conducting the Coffs Harbour investigation but that didn't stop the NRL from issuing huge fines and not trying to control the media at least by saying that until the investigation is complete no action will be taken .......innocent until proven guilt I think not.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just leave the Sharks i say they cheated with drugs and outside the cap payments and came 11th, i say good work boys. Maybe try painting players ala fine cotton and maybe 9th will be in their sights
I wonder how many Kennellers even remember the Fine Cotton affair? :grinning:

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
The police were also conducting the Coffs Harbour investigation but that didn't stop the NRL from issuing huge fines and not trying to control the media at least by saying that until the investigation is complete no action will be taken .......innocent until proven guilt I think not.
eh?? how dose the nrl control the media they do what they want

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
eh?? how dose the nrl control the media they do what they want
I dont' mean they could control the media I didn't express myself correctly, but if they had of been a bit more supportive then maybe the media wouldn't have been so ruthless.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I dont' mean they could control the media I didn't express myself correctly, but if they had of been a bit more supportive then maybe the media wouldn't have been so ruthless.
Different CEO in charge at the time. I think David Smith is a far better Chief than Gallop and is handling this Sharks crisis far better than Gallop handled the Coffs Harbour or Brett Stewart sagas

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so recently in a thread on here called "Manly Hate" (now deleted), I dropped a bit of a hint.

Manly fans are going to be the ones upset soon, if a certain ongoing investigation starts naming names.
... As for my comment, I know from a hand that's written the names that things are about to get VERY interesting VERY soon.
... Anyway my first post was passing on something that will hit the news soon, not an attack.
I was pretty heavily ridiculed for this over at Silvertails, after a banned member posted on their Twitter account some of the above posts, and got a friend who is still on Silvertails to post up the following thread.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Mr-Invisible-LOL

This morning shortly before the article went to press the following was posted by RLW Mole (a highly creditable source).
The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 2h In The Mole in @League Week today: Players start to receive letters to appear from ASADA... sh*t is about to hit the fan, peeps.
The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 2h @mangels68 @league Mainly Sharks and Manly but clubs like Parra too,.. they have one ex-Shark, one ex Eagle in their ranks
Followed by this article:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-coaching-staff/story-e6frexp9-1226616283053

MANLY's coaching staff have been called into ASADA's NRL inquiries after receiving interview notices this week.
The Daily Telegraph last night learned the Sea Eagles head coach Geoff Toovey and veteran trainer Don Singe have joined 41 current and former players on the list of NRL identities that ASADA wishes to speak with as part of its investigation. It's also believed former Sea Eagles doctor, Paul Bloomfield, has been told he's wanted for interview.

All worked together at Manly while sports scientist Steve Dank - one of the investigation's central figures - was co-ordinating the club's supplement program.

Former Manly head coach Des Hasler oversaw Dank's work and is also expected to be interviewed, along with other ex-Sea Eagles staff that have since joined him at Canterbury.
Hasler last night said he was yet to receive a notice, while Toovey declined to comment. Hasler and Toovey have previously denied any wrongdoing at Brookvale during Dank's tenure between 2005 and 2010.

Manly have also been given the all-clear over any concerns surrounding systematic doping, with the spotlight fixed on past and present Sea Eagles players who might have privately sourced additional supplements.

. . .

Toovey refused to speak about ASADA's investigation into the club, where it's believed at least three current Sea Eagles players are also wanted for interview.

Hibbert has confirmed that he sold permitted supplements directly to players from various clubs, including Manly.

Whilst I'm never going to get a apology in regards to comments made in that thread, let this serve as a valuable lesson. Bite your tongue instead of slamming someone because you think they are BSing you.

Again I stand by my comments. The proverbial isn't far from the fan on this one, and has the slight possibility of impacting premierships.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News is that name removed and name removed have been caught on phone tap trying to cover up their use of drugs, including peptides. Both players took them knowing they were banned substances. Given their high profile not sure if the NRL will do anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
you still miss the point your coach and members of your high performance unit that followed your coach is going to be interviewed as well. Who ran the show at manly while dank was there? Your coach. Who hired dank? Your coach.
Yes, but they will probably be asked if they knew anything about Manly players seeing Dank and co privately away from the club.
Manly is in the clear over their use of supplements, thats been stated. What happened outside the club by players seeing Dank privately is what they may be looking at. That has nothing to do with Des or Manlys current coaching staff.

Did you get the point?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As Bakes said, and in example, let's say you employ someone and they steal from an employee. Are you responsible because they are a thief?

media reports are these deals went on outside of clubs. Heck could have even been during origin if players shared rooms.

That would link players from other clubs if the case.

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Manly and Sharks in serious trouble

I have received a tip from a strong source that 2 key players one from Sharks and the other from Manly are in huge sh*t with Asada they have been caught over the phone speaking about how to hide prohibited drugs in their systems.

I dont want to say who they are due to legal reasons.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was vaguely aluded to in an article this morning.

Specifically about the hiding of it. Very convenient that this rumour then pops up the same day dont you think?

Yes, this has probably happened, but I call BS on your friend knowing the actual names involved.

Edit: Heres the article:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...len/story-fnhkjm2b-1226616957740#.UWTjSFcWAvY

This the part i was talking about:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
But he also said: "As well, NRL players are reported to be conscious that some growth hormone-releasing peptides are difficult to detect in testing.

"Because these peptides will stimulate the release of natural hormones produced in the body, some NRL players have the belief that this makes these peptides 'undetectable' rather than difficult to identify in testing.

"Hence, players have risked using these substances."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Im guessing your mate read the article and filled in the blanks/generated a rumor.

Last edited by a moderator:

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I knew about this on Sunday. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the source is strong

Status
Not open for further replies.