CONFIRMED! ! Patten to miss big game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring on Robbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
bring up brent crisp. Arrive in sydney last night and can't wait for tonight game I'll be there. GO THE DOGS

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
bring up brent crisp. Arrive in sydney last night and can't wait for tonight game I'll be there. GO THE DOGS
Yeah i agree, i saw Crisp play last week in prems, he scored 2 tries and played bloody good, deserves a chance in the top grade!!

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After last week I was trusting that Trent Cutler would never see first grade again.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Guys and Gals... have some faith.. it's a blow sure, but we still have the other 16 players in the side who have been together all week and are pumped for this game... :grinning:

It's a shame for the General as I know how much he wanted to play, but whoever comes in tonight, more than likely Trent, will give 100% and that is all we can ask.. we just have to hope everyone is on our game.. as that was always the only way we were going to beat the Eels, and now it becomes even more important.. ;)

I stand by the Blue and the White Brigade to do the job tonight.... and I believe if we come there ready to play, we can win.. :D

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
thats the bloody last thing we needed...we have enough injuries to key personnel as it is...patten will definately ne missed tonight...with conditions like these, its gonna be more difficult for cutler under the high ball...im deadset spewing. i thought patten wouldve been back today:(

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F*CK! I wasn't confident at all for tonights match and now I am even more sure we will get our asses handed to us.. After such a poor performance, espeically defensively, against the Dragons, going up against a top four team tonight and in the form we've been in, I think we will loose by a lot, especially now with Patten out.

Trent Cutler better not be the replacement.. He was horrible against the Dragons.. Bring in Nanai an put him on the wing with El Masri at fullback, or just put him straight to fullback.
Watching Cutler last play week I was ready to get the "never to play first grade again stamp" out.... his only saving grace was that he was there
to pick up the crumbs and score the last try...

Thinking alternate fullbacks...... what about Phelpsy? he has handled the
high ball pretty well this year.... it would leave El Magic in his best position,
on the wing, and we could bring in Heka.

Cutler had a shocker against the Eels at Parra Stadium , it was a Manu
Vatevai performance, I am sure if he is fullback tonight there will be more
bombs from the Eels than what the krouts dropped on London in WW2....

The Coyote

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
tbh Hazem is more dangerous at fullback, his prefered position is fullback and he has stated it b4 he would rather play there :grinning:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Phelpsy? Not to sure about him Coyote. What about Nanai? He plays fulllback.

Im absolutely shattered the General is out. He has been the best player for us this year (IMO) and now we have lost him for the biggest game of the year.

The way i see it - there is propably no better game for Cutler to come in. It was against them that he had an absolute shocker before picking up his confidence in the latter stages of the game. He basically handed them 12 points last time these two teams met.

He will be FULLY aware that he is going to be targetted at the back. He had some simple errors last time, and i think potentially that Smith and Finchy will be looking to exploit that. But i think that if he can take two or three high balls early on, make some good runs - he wil go well.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
F*CK! I wasn't confident at all for tonights match and now I am even more sure we will get our asses handed to us.. After such a poor performance, espeically defensively, against the Dragons, going up against a top four team tonight and in the form we've been in, I think we will loose by a lot, especially now with Patten out.

Trent Cutler better not be the replacement.. He was horrible against the Dragons.. Bring in Nanai an put him on the wing with El Masri at fullback, or just put him straight to fullback.
The expert has spoken :p

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
cutler is definately going to be exposed to alot of high balls tonight...espeically with the sh!tty weather the ball is gonna be silppery so..im not so confident anymore...i mean i still have hope that they can win but yeh....CMON DOGS

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
where the **** is the faith? everyone's saying we're going to lose this that..

we'll see. but im telling you now, the bulldogs WON'T lose..

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
Great. I get to work looking forward to tonight & i see this....

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cutler is capable of playing a good game.

Give him a chance, he is still really young and this will be his third crack in the fullback jersey in 2 and a half years.

Out of the two times he has gotten to play fullback so far he's turned in one man of the match performance and we still managed to win last week.

Patten is a big loss yeah
but i'm confident cutler can have a solid game.
Agreed. Cutler's true position is F/B. He has proven himself there an although I would have loved Patten to have played, we still are pretty strong in that area.

I don't care what anyone says, F/B and Wing are two different positions. (Obviously but you get what I mean)

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
where the **** is the faith? everyone's saying we're going to lose this that..

we'll see. but im telling you now, the bulldogs WON'T lose..
i havent mentioned anything bout winning/losing, doesnt matter y ppl think, all that matters is what they produce on the field :slick: if every1 says theyll lose by 50 it wouldnt make a difference 2 me, ill still give them a shot

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i still have faith that the boys can get it together tonight but its gonna be a bit more harder..but if we get the victory today it will just a little bit more sweet cause we managed to do it without key personnel which in turn will boost their confidence...im hoping for the best:grinning:....GO U DOGGIES

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
the games against the eels are always good games but i think we can win well so i say we will win by 20+ pts

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
the games against the eels are always good games but i think we can win well so i say we will win by 20+ pts
i like that enthusiam lol, 20 points would b sweet, ill take a 1 point lol, good enuf 4 me

Status
Not open for further replies.