Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Vice City was my favourite GTA game. Just loved everything about it. The setting, miami in the 80's, awesome soundtrack and a great story with odes to Scarface and Miami Vice.
It's my favourite too even though I got beat senseless one night by my father because I tricked my mum into renting it for me from blockbuster. Totally worth it :tearsofjoy:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Don't think I've played Vice City, was the remastered version any good?

Playing Unchartered 4 at the moment, I think it's a great game, pretty well put together.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Playing Unchartered 4 at the moment, I think it's a great game, pretty well put together.
Never played the remastered version but must of clocked the original about 30 times.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Never played the remastered version but must of clocked the original about 30 times.
I replayed the entire game when they first released it on mobile, the heat coming off my phone was ridiculous lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

The remaster was complete trash on release. The original was better. But Rockstar delisted the original which forced everyone to play the remaster.

I think they fixed it up a fair bit though. Not sure if it's good now.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The remaster was complete trash on release. The original was better. But Rockstar delisted the original which forced everyone to play the remaster.

I think they fixed it up a fair bit though. Not sure if it's good now.
I've still got my PS2 with a bunch of games, including Gta 3, Gta San Andreas and of course Gta Vice City.

I also have a couple of banned PS2 games.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I've still got my PS2 with a bunch of games, including Gta 3, Gta San Andreas and of course Gta Vice City.

I also have a couple of banned PS2 games.
Like Manhunt? I've got a burnt copy of that. Only played a little bit of it but it is very tame to what's available these days.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am currently revisiting Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb (2003). To be honest, I am absolutely loving donning the Fedora again and facing off against Indy’s nemesis, the Nazis, and a new foe, a Chinese gang called, The Black Dragon. Set in1935, the same year as, but right before, the events of Temple of Doom. Indy is searching for the ‘Black Pearl’ which is buried with China’s first Emperor Qin Shi Huang. As legend has it, the Pearl grants the holder magical powers.

It plays like Tomb Raider, in terms of controls, solving puzzles, dodging bullets and enemies. However, no one does it better than original adventurer Indy! I must pay kudos to the developers The Collective. As they seamlessly incorporate Indiana‘s iconic whip into navigating around the game’s environment, and use in combat. They also have fun with his fedora, as it can get knocked off when fighting the enemy, but you can always look around and find it to put it back on.

I maybe a little bit bias (just a touch :grimacing:) but outside Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, (which admittedly was a point and click game) IMHO this is the next best Indiana Jones video game. It has a great story, great villains, and a great leading hero. So if you want to play an early 2000s game, this would be one to check out! Currently available at the Xbox Game Store.

7f749f14-2c1f-4385-8c4b-87c05edf5dc3.jpeg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A fan of Remedy I see. I liked the first AW game too. Also loved the original Max Payne games that they did. I haven't played Control. If it's the same part that I am talking of, then yes. Love to discuss it but don't want to spoil the experience for anyone. But it's a ride!
Finally played through the trippy part. It was awesome. Reminded me of the Ashtray Maze from Control. But much longer.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yea it was awesome. And there were patches and stuff you could add that made a huge difference to the game. The time I played it, I modded it to the point where you'd see cars from Fast & Furious on every street :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score

I've heard negative reviews of the remastered version. The original one has the look, charm and feel for it. The remastered version looks like it was done by a rookie programmer.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rolled credits on Alan Wake 2. I think it's now my GOTY, but I still need to get back to Baldur's Gate 3.

BG3 won GOTY at the Golden joysticks awards, and also won most of the other awards. So there's a decent chance it will win the big GOTY award. But many have rated Alan Wake 2 as their GOTY. So it'll be interesting.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rolled credits on Alan Wake 2. I think it's now my GOTY, but I still need to get back to Baldur's Gate 3.

BG3 won GOTY at the Golden joysticks awards, and also won most of the other awards. So there's a decent chance it will win the big GOTY award. But many have rated Alan Wake 2 as their GOTY. So it'll be interesting.
I still think Baldur's Gate 3 will cleaning up a few awards at the Game Awards, including GOTY. It's not perfect, but I haven't enjoyed a game that much as BG in a long time.

Next on my list is RoboCop to play, as I too have finished Alan Wake II recently.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still think Baldur's Gate 3 will cleaning up a few awards at the Game Awards, including GOTY. It's not perfect, but I haven't enjoyed a game that much as BG in a long time.

Next on my list is RoboCop to play, as I too have finished Alan Wake II recently.
I have started Robocop. It feels so stupid and so brilliant at the same time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Man I'm just thinking, with all this GTA talk, how AWESOME would it be to have an epic map of GTA off all areas of the HD era combined? So front and centre is San Andreas. North of that, there's a long bridge that takes you to Liberty City, then south-east of San Andreas is another bridge that takes you to the new Vice City. I mean keep all the airports there and you can fly between the cities and play different missions as different characters etc. It would be so good.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man I'm just thinking, with all this GTA talk, how AWESOME would it be to have an epic map of GTA off all areas of the HD era combined? So front and centre is San Andreas. North of that, there's a long bridge that takes you to Liberty City, then south-east of San Andreas is another bridge that takes you to the new Vice City. I mean keep all the airports there and you can fly between the cities and play different missions as different characters etc. It would be so good.
There was a rumour a while back that GTA 6 was going to be all the maps put together, but the leaks showed the map is a modern day Vice City. That said, it would be interesting if they expanded it to other areas.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Game of the year nominees have been announced. It's down to BG3, Alan Wake 2, and Tears of the Kingdom. But I think BG3 will win. Wouldn't be surprised if Alan Wake 2 wins many of the other awards though.

Alan Wake 2 and BG3 received the most amount of nominations overall.

FB_IMG_1699930537935.jpg