Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I got the GameBoy Advance Emulator. Some great titles on it.

Speaking of... I remember back in 2003 I was on my way to college and saw them for the first time on a bus stop ad. I thought that they looked slick (this is the SP model). It was a flip (although only one screen), and had an awesome metallic finish. They have aged gracefully and still look good today.

The first time I played it, I remember I played Crash Bandicoot on a demo model in store somewhere, it was awesome.

They're going up in price as they become more and more rare. If you have one, hold onto it.

View attachment 79960
If you want to buy one I would go this route https://www.analogue.co/pocket

Its not software emulation, its hardware as they have built the chips to make it run exact to the OG hardware. You can get adaptors to run original cartridges from different devices (game gear, nintendo etc) and it also runs software off a card to do software emulation and even those results are near perfect from what I have read.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All of my controllers get stuck drift, when will this endddd :sob: :sob: :sob:

Reaction score
I got the GameBoy Advance Emulator. Some great titles on it.

Speaking of... I remember back in 2003 I was on my way to college and saw them for the first time on a bus stop ad. I thought that they looked slick (this is the SP model). It was a flip (although only one screen), and had an awesome metallic finish. They have aged gracefully and still look good today.

The first time I played it, I remember I played Crash Bandicoot on a demo model in store somewhere, it was awesome.

They're going up in price as they become more and more rare. If you have one, hold onto it.

View attachment 79960
i have the silver one, love the game advance wars

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's shit isn't it? End up spending twice as much money on controllers as to what the actual console cost.
These are the worst PlayStation controllers ever, terrible quality. I don't even smash these one like I did with the older ones yet there's always something wrong. Was considering getting the elite/pro version but they're all like $300 and will probably shit themselves too lol

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
These are the worst PlayStation controllers ever, terrible quality. I don't even smash these one like I did with the older ones yet there's always something wrong. Was considering getting the elite/pro version but they're all like $300 and will probably shit themselves too lol
Shit, that's steep.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe has it been mentioned here before? I had a Kennel forum search but didn’t bring up anything. What are your thoughts on the video coming out Starfield?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe has it been mentioned here before? I had a Kennel forum search but didn’t bring up anything. What are your thoughts on the video coming out Starfield?
I'm reluctantly optimistic. It looks good. Really good. Looks like it's going to be the game of the decade. But it's a new IP for Bethesda. And they have a habit of releasing buggy messes.

This also has the same kind of hype drive as Cyberpunk 2077. And while that was a great game, and has an interesting upcoming expansion with Idris Elba, it wasn't the next coming and was broken on everything but PC.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm reluctantly optimistic. It looks good. Really good. Looks like it's going to be the game of the decade. But it's a new IP for Bethesda. And they have a habit of releasing buggy messes.

This also has the same kind of hype drive as Cyberpunk 2077. And while that was a great game, and has an interesting upcoming expansion with Idris Elba, it wasn't the next coming and was broken on everything but PC.
Yeah Cyberpunk 2077 had more bugs than the exhibition of insects at The Natural Museum.. Fingers crossed it’s great..my Xbox will be ready to accept its brilliance!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just started playing Armored Core 6. Made by FromSoft and it shows. Really fun game but really difficult. You get about 10 minutes into the game before you're pitted against a Dark Souls level boss. I gave it 5 attempts before I decided to take a break.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All of my controllers get stuck drift, when will this endddd :sob: :sob: :sob:
try some contact cleaner and spray it into the area

Chemtools Kleanium Contact Kleen Electrical Contact Cleaner 350 g Aerosol, Black https://amzn.asia/d/4KdhJuM

Also under the ACL (consumer law) out of warranty the store needs to sort it out, people with launch controllers are getting them replaced.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Chemtools Kleanium Contact Kleen Electrical Contact Cleaner 350 g Aerosol, Black https://amzn.asia/d/4KdhJuM

Also under the ACL (consumer law) out of warranty the store needs to sort it out, people with launch controllers are getting them replaced.
What does that last paragraph mean mate? Out of warranty controllers get replaced by the store? And what is a launch controller?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Fuck you're right, I've even pulled this stunt off numerous times with my TV and laptop lol. Why the fuck didn't I think of this for the controllers :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What does that last paragraph mean mate? Out of warranty controllers get replaced by the store? And what is a launch controller?
Launch controller is what you get with the console when it originally released.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Australian Cosumer Law gives Australians extra protection. It basically means that if you sell a product, that product should last a decent amount of time, even if it has a short warranty. PS5's and controllers have a 1 year warranty. If you spend decent money on a console or controller then you expect it to last longer than 1 year. So if it fails after this time, there's a decent chance you'll get it repaired free if you return it to the store you bought it from.

I have done this with many products. Bought amps, TV's and other things that failed after 2 years on a 1 year warranty. The store replaced them due to ACL. That's also why extended warranties are a bit of a scam.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Australian Cosumer Law gives Australians extra protection. It basically means that if you sell a product, that product should last a decent amount of time, even if it has a short warranty. PS5's and controllers have a 1 year warranty. If you spend decent money on a console or controller then you expect it to last longer than 1 year. So if it fails after this time, there's a decent chance you'll get it repaired free if you return it to the store you bought it from.

I have done this with many products. Bought amps, TV's and other things that failed after 2 years on a 1 year warranty. The store replaced them due to ACL. That's also why extended warranties are a bit of a scam.
Interesting, never knew that. Thanks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Do I need a receipt though? I've always had it for bigger purchases but never bothered keeping anything for something like a controller.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do I need a receipt though? I've always had it for bigger purchases but never bothered keeping anything for something like a controller.
Depends where you bought it. Most places you will need it. If you're an EB Games member and you scan your card when buying it, you don't need the receipt. JB Hifi you often don't need the receipt as they keep the stuff registered in the system.