Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Really? I've never played MGS but I was sold after I heard it was an open world game. Might wait for it, then.

I've heard some guy beat the entire game in 10 minutes.
Duuuuude MGS 4 was the best game I've ever played.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Duuuuude MGS 4 was the best game I've ever played.
Many people keep telling me this and each time I hear it I give it another go, play for about 1 hour then turn it off. I don't know what it is but I just can't get into it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Many people keep telling me this and each time I hear it I give it another go, play for about 1 hour then turn it off. I don't know what it is but I just can't get into it.

Mate I haven't played a better game than MGS4. Last of Us comes close because it tugs on your emotions and it has zombies :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I haven't played a better game than MGS4. Last of Us comes close because it tugs on your emotions and it has zombies :p

Dark souls. Greatest game I've ever played. Dark souls 2 is almost equally great.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Dark souls. Greatest game I've ever played. Dark souls 2 is almost equally great.

Fk man got me thinking about MGS again I wanna cry haha. I've never played dark souls, worth it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fk man got me thinking about MGS again I wanna cry haha. I've never played dark souls, worth it?

Definitely. It's very punishing and hard to master but you can't beat the sense of achievement you get when you finally beat a bloody hard boss.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got home with my copy of Watch Dogs. Perks of working at Harvey Norman!!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna grab this for xbox one tomorrow. Anyone have an idea how much I'd get on trade in for forza on xbox one?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some reviews have started coming out. The general consensus so far seems to be that it's a good game that doesn't live up to the hype. Lacks depth, gets repetitive fast and the graphics on PS4 are barely an upgrade on the PS3 version. Apparently the dull, almost cartoonish textures I saw in the review code are on the final PS4 release too.

I'll probably pick it up on PC as it's cheaper.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wanna grab this for xbox one tomorrow. Anyone have an idea how much I'd get on trade in for forza on xbox one?
NEVER trade games in. Biggest rort ever. You'll probably get $20 for it and they'll sell it $5 cheaper than a new copy. You're better off keeping it even if you never intend on playing it again.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some reviews have started coming out. The general consensus so far seems to be that it's a good game that doesn't live up to the hype. Lacks depth, gets repetitive fast and the graphics on PS4 are barely an upgrade on the PS3 version. Apparently the dull, almost cartoonish textures I saw in the review code are on the final PS4 release too.

I'll probably pick it up on PC as it's cheaper.
Saw a couple of reviews this morning. All say kinda the same thing but the two things that stick out are the small map size and the driving mechanics are poor.

I've seen gameplay comparisons and the PS4 version looks dark while the Xbox One looks brighter.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The driving mechanics is indeed poor.. it's f*cking horrendous, I can't keep the car on the road for more than 5 seconds

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm disappointed by the reviews. I've been waiting for his for so long and now I don't know if I'll regret buying it

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone wanna buy my forza 5 day one copy. All codes still available. 50 free postage

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone wanna buy my forza 5 day one copy. All codes still available. 50 free postage
I would've if I didn't have it already. Throw it on ebay.

You didn't rate the game?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would've if I didn't have it already. Throw it on ebay.

You didn't rate the game?
Not compared to previous ones. Still a great game but my time is pretty short these days so I don't really play it. Gonna pick up watch dogs so thought I'd get rid of forza so it doesn't cost me as much. I've got it on eBay. Hopefully it's a quick sell

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The driving mechanics is indeed poor.. it's f*cking horrendous, I can't keep the car on the road for more than 5 seconds
Well that tells us you should not be on your phone while driving ;) aha

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not compared to previous ones. Still a great game but my time is pretty short these days so I don't really play it. Gonna pick up watch dogs so thought I'd get rid of forza so it doesn't cost me as much. I've got it on eBay. Hopefully it's a quick sell
I love the Forza series (shits on the Skyline Turismo series) but it's in huge decline. The AI is demolition derby at best. You literally cannot have a clean race. The cars seems to aim for you even if you are avoiding them and cars who spin off and re-enter the race track seem to literally target you. And this whole DLC garbage kills me, how about making it the best game possible and stop bleeding people money?

I'll be getting WD after work today. I have ignored most articles/hype about it so hopefully I'll enjoy it. Not liking what I've read so far, though.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I'll be getting WD after work today. I have ignored most articles/hype about it so hopefully I'll enjoy it. Not liking what I've read so far, though.
ive read mixed reviews as well,

i'll get it because im sick of tittyfall and fifa