Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've finished GTA% three times, the first two i chose that they all go there seperate ways, i did it the 2econd time as i forgot what i did the first time, the last time i killed trevor, has anyne killed Michael, what happens afterwards

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trailer for the new Marvel game lead by Amy Hennig who was the writer and creative director for the Uncharted games

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I've finished GTA% three times, the first two i chose that they all go there seperate ways, i did it the 2econd time as i forgot what i did the first time, the last time i killed trevor, has anyne killed Michael, what happens afterwards
I have.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any COD DMZ players here?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Has any GTA player here also played Driver San Francisco? Honestly I think the driving mechanics of GTA are great, but SF (which was made in 2011) is second to none. They also use licensed vehicles which is great. The "shift" feature is awesome.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone played Stellar Blade yet?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Na this is some souls bs, no wonder it's taking me forever to get through the demo.
I heard it was challenging. Just started it and I haven't found it very difficult, but there's some things I don't like about the combat. In Souls games and Bayonetta games, attacks are telegraphed giving you a real chance. They seem to be more random in this so you just have to guess what an attack is.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I heard it was challenging. Just started it and I haven't found it very difficult, but there's some things I don't like about the combat. In Souls games and Bayonetta games, attacks are telegraphed giving you a real chance. They seem to be more random in this so you just have to guess what an attack is.
I feel like there's input delay or something, can't consistently time dodges and parry for shit. Or maybe I'm just getting old...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel like there's input delay or something, can't consistently time dodges and parry for shit. Or maybe I'm just getting old...
Yep. It's definitely slightly off. I saw an article where the devs said that peope are having timing issues as they don't have game mode activated. I have game mode activated and stuff still feels off.

I think it's an issue with enemy animation.

Also, I know they said they were influences by Nier Automata, Sekiro and Dark Souls, but this only feels like Nier Automata. Same music, same combat. The only difference is that this is pretty much all 3rd person. Nier changed perspective often. And this is more linear than Nier.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. It's definitely slightly off. I saw an article where the devs said that peope are having timing issues as they don't have game mode activated. I have game mode activated and stuff still feels off.

I think it's an issue with enemy animation.

Also, I know they said they were influences by Nier Automata, Sekiro and Dark Souls, but this only feels like Nier Automata. Same music, same combat. The only difference is that this is pretty much all 3rd person. Nier changed perspective often. And this is more linear than Nier.
I might spend some time in the training menu and see if I can work it out, I got absolutely nothing else to play so I'll try and push through it :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Got around to finishing the Stellar Blade demo. It's okay, might eventually pick it up when it's cheap enough.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I just finished playing the demo today.
It took me so long to work the timing for dodging and parrying lol. In the end I worked out it was the animations throwing me off and it was better to tap rather than hold like in other games I've played.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It took me so long to work the timing for dodging and parrying lol. In the end I worked out it was the animations throwing me off and it was better to tap rather than hold like in other games I've played.
Takes a while to click. The it throws you in with a group of 20 enemies and expects you to time every attack coming at you all at once.

When you get the hang of it, it gets really good.

BTW, there's a trick you can do with the dodge thing to glitch into an area outside the demo that has more enemies and other stuff.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Takes a while to click. The it throws you in with a group of 20 enemies and expects you to time every attack coming at you all at once.

When you get the hang of it, it gets really good.

BTW, there's a trick you can do with the dodge thing to glitch into an area outside the demo that has more enemies and other stuff.
I kept dying to that dude after you defeat the main group on enemies that jump from the building :tearsofjoy:

That's the glitch where you use blink to phase through the wall? Done it. I also seen online some guy glitched his way past the boss fight at the end of the demo and could continue playing the rest of the level until the game shit itself. Last I checked no one had worked out how he did it.