Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are more and more gaming PC's coming with DVD drives? I think it pay to buy a USB DVD burner so your all your bases are covered when changing rigs.
Yep. They're phasing them out because everything is downloaded now days.

I have a USB DVD drive that I plug in when needed, but I haven't pulled it out of the cupboard for over 6 months.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
After putting way too many hours into Elden Ring (and finishing it 4 times), I decided to go back and play Bloodborne.

I had my main Bloodborne character but sometime in the last few years (probably while very drunk) I created another character. A female character that I named, "Lady Sniffsnatch"

Now I can't stop giggling.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never, ever be considered a mature adult.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
After putting way too many hours into Elden Ring (and finishing it 4 times), I decided to go back and play Bloodborne.

I had my main Bloodborne character but sometime in the last few years (probably while very drunk) I created another character. A female character that I named, "Lady Sniffsnatch"

Now I can't stop giggling.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never, ever be considered a mature adult.
Back when I used to play the original "Call of Duty" online, there was a guy who called himself "your own mother" so whenever he got the killed, the player who killed him gets a prompt on the screen that said "You killed your own mother".

Wahesh

Reaction score
Something that was brought to my attention today, is that the Nintendo 64 was release 1½ years AFTER the PlayStation.

Now, the PS released games on CD ROM which at the time held 650 MB of data. The N64 however, continued the old way of putting games on cartridges, and these cartridges only held 64 MB of data - less than 10 times what the PlayStation could hold. The only advantage was no loading times.

So... why did Nintendo not get with the times?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Something that was brought to my attention today, is that the Nintendo 64 was release 1½ years AFTER the PlayStation.

Now, the PS released games on CD ROM which at the time held 650 MB of data. The N64 however, continued the old way of putting games on cartridges, and these cartridges only held 64 MB of data - less than 10 times what the PlayStation could hold. The only advantage was no loading times.

So... why did Nintendo not get with the times?
The same reason they're still not with the times. They don't need to.

Xbox and Playstation have always competed, but Nintendo has always been their own thing. They have their own first party games that are so popular that they know people will buy their consoles just to play them.

Just look at the Switch. It was released 4 years after the PS4 but was about as powerful as a PS3. Sony released the PS4 Pro, Nintendo released the Switch light. Sony release the PS5, Nintendo release the Switch OLED which is exactly the same as the switch but has a slightly better screen.

Nintendo have never cared what the other console manufacturers are doing.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah can be a little confusing to begin with. I've been at it now for about 4 year's now. Still learning new shit to this day [emoji53]
I used to play it but haven’t for a while now.

Currently playing Tiny Tina’s Wonderland on Xbox and Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga on PC

Wahesh

Reaction score
Just watched a review of Golden Axe III from 1993. The game itself was poor, but the box art was fantastic:

North American Box Art

Japanese Box Art

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I need to find an in stock series X. Help. Lol
I think Microsoft will have them up next early next month on their site. Also ask whenever you're at JB HIFI and other stores because they sometimes have stock in the back that never gets put out for.....reasons.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Microsoft will have them up next early next month on their site. Also ask whenever you're at JB HIFI and other stores because they sometimes have stock in the back that never gets put out for.....reasons.
Ffs whats with the stock issue

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs whats with the stock issue
Global chip shortage still going on. Will probably be going until at least the end of this year.

But keep an eye on sites like Ozbargain and Press Start Australia. They usually list it when it's in stock at different retailers.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who loves gaming has to watch this.. or @GA45 who was looking for something to watch.. It’s a documentary about a hero, a villain, their followers, and a quest to be the best..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is it just me or have no games come out recently?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me or have no games come out recently?
Yeah, it's a bit of a hiatus. And with all the Xbox/Bethesda games being pushed back until next year, it's going to be a longer hiatus.

Fortunately I have a huge backlog of games to play. But every time I have free time, I end up playing more Elden Ring.