Opinion Compare our squad to other teams?

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was watching the Roosters and Broncos game last night. Andrew Voss said something like ‘the roosters team looks good and then you look on the sidelines and they have Sam Verrils, Josh Morris etc etc on the sidelines’

Which made me think about some of the clubs in this competition and how many stars some teams have.

I know this is very old news.
Look at the Roosters for example..... WHAT A TEAM

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, even with our signings for next year, I don’t see us as a top 8 team.

I usually think at the start of every season we’ll be in the top 8.

I just don’t see the bulldogs being a good side next year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We still need a quality hooker and prop for next year at least. If we have salary cap left over a second rower too (all difference making signings, not just toilers). If you add who we've signed for next year (JAC, Burton, Naden) and some realistic options (e.g. Smith, Rudolf, Matterson) in the positions I've mentioned to our team it looks like a roster that can finish in or around the eight imo. We also have players that are going to be promoted (e.g. Schoupp, Alamoti, Topine, etc.) and players released/not re-signed (e.g. Katoa, Napa, Hopoate).

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We still need a quality hooker and prop for next year at least. If we have salary cap left over a second rower too (all difference making signings, not just toilers). If you add who we've signed for next year (JAC, Burton, Naden) and some realistic options (e.g. Smith, Rudolf, Matterson) in the positions I've mentioned to our team it looks like a roster that can finish in or around the eight imo. We also have players that are going to be promoted and players released/not re-signed.
Who would you sign as a hooker and prop that are available and that we can afford?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who would you sign as a hooker and prop that are available and that we can afford?
In order
Hooker - Smith, Clark, Hodgson
Prop - Rudolf, Finucane, Taupau

We have to land players like this otherwise we're F'd for next year like you've said.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We still need a quality hooker and prop for next year at least. If we have salary cap left over a second rower too (all difference making signings, not just toilers). If you add who we've signed for next year (JAC, Burton, Naden) and some realistic options (e.g. Smith, Rudolf, Matterson) in the positions I've mentioned to our team it looks like a roster that can finish in or around the eight imo. We also have players that are going to be promoted (e.g. Schoupp, Alamoti, Topine, etc.) and players released/not re-signed (e.g. Katoa, Napa, Hopoate).
We’ve got so many second rowers, but a good quality 11, 12 does add so much class.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We’ve got so many second rowers, but a good quality 11, 12 does add so much class.
Yes, if we're signing a second rower it has to be quality and maybe we have to give one away, e.g. RFM, in a swap for Smith if we're in for a chance there. Matterson would be the only second rower I'd really really want, other options would be Capewell or Su'a.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In order

We have to land players like this otherwise we're F'd for next year like you've said.
I like Taupau out of the props you suggested

Not sure who Clarke is, but Smith would add something to our side

Just don’t think the chance of him signing with us is very high

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, if we're signing a second rower it has to be quality and maybe we have to give one away, e.g. RFM, in a swap for Smith if we're in for a chance there. Matterson would be the only second rower I'd really really want, other options would be Capewell or Su'a.
Yes, Matterson, I like his game

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In order

No doubt Finucane is a quality player, but I think we need someone who really is powerful runner

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see which players do and don’t get re-signed
I have ~5/15 players being re-signed and almost all of them are for depth. Atoni only player we have to re-sign, maybe unfair on Okunbor to not be in that category (who I'd re-sign anyways) but we haven't seen him for a while now.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our forwards pack has one guy who averages over 100 metres. Get this, we had 2 starters on the weekend who average under FIFTY metres LMAO!!!

That's how we compare to other teams.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have ~5/15 players being re-signed and almost all of them are for depth. Atoni only player we have to re-sign, maybe unfair on Okunbor to not be in that category (who I'd re-sign anyways) but we haven't seen for for a while now.
Atoni is depth too, or a bench player at best. He has way to many soft or lazy moments in games.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have ~5/15 players being re-signed and almost all of them are for depth. Atoni only player we have to re-sign, maybe unfair on Okunbor to not be in that category (who I'd re-sign anyways) but we haven't seen him for a while now.
I stumbled upon an article a few days ago that said Atoni wants out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I stumbled upon an article a few days ago that said Atoni wants out
Atoni will have offers from other clubs due to how he's been playing this year. He's a player we need to keep for the bench.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not comparing this year. 21 is a write off, 22 will be top 8 or bust for TBAZ , but he will get the job done and things will look better next year.!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, even with our signings for next year, I don’t see us as a top 8 team.

I usually think at the start of every season we’ll be in the top 8.

I just don’t see the bulldogs being a good side next year
I see it the same. We won't get much improvement until A: we get a coach to put a rocket up these duds. B: the forward pack is an absolute disgrace. We need quality forwards to push for finals footy.

I'll give Barrett some credit for his backline recruits but Hetherington & Waddell are a joke.