Opinion Common sense & The Kennel

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These two things do not mix.

I have to call it out for what it is. Idiocy that is on Harry & Meghan levels, some of the disparaging comments about players and their ability is embarrassing.

Arm chair coaches calling for insane positional switches thinking the coach doesn't know what he is doing.

It's not going to be easy getting back to the top, all you have to do is pull up our squads from years gone by and see the drop off in quality we've had. Get behind the boys and support them. Trust in the coaching staff and processes being put in place, it is going to be a roller coaster season.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has anyone on here given credit to Manly?

Everyone is too busy scapegoating certain players, this place needs to clean up it's act. Where is horse?

Get behind the team and support the boys through the good times and the bad. Stop running your agendas and arm chair coaching clinics.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It

I have to call it out for what it is. Idiocy that is on Harry & Meghan levels, some of the disparaging comments about players and their ability is embarrassing.

Arm chair coaches calling for insane positional switches thinking the coach doesn't know what he is doing.

It's not going to be easy getting back to the top, all you have to do is pull up our squads from years gone by and see the drop off in quality we've had. Get behind the boys and support them. Trust in the coaching staff and processes being put in place, it is going to be a roller coaster season.
The fans have a right to be unhappy considering how much these players get paid just to have the privilege to wear the bulldogs jersey. I haven't seen anything but praise for our new coach and his new coaching staff.Like Gus said "this is going to be a trip down the mines" and words to the effect that its going to take years to where we should be a regular top 4 side again.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I'll be in my grave before Burton learns how to pass and play both sides of the field... Not really but you sense my frustrations

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There’s been 6 games so far, and we have by far looked the most underdone, the most mistake-ridden, and the least game smart. It’s not just a new team thing, they just looked like they haven’t been coached how to manage a game, or what is the most logical play, or what is the smart play.

I can forgive Burton putting the ball out on the full going for the 40-20 as Neymar was out of position and it would’ve given us excellent attack position. Kicking out on the full from the kick off, or even worse passing it to Kikau to kick on the last when we were 30-odd metres from our own try line instead of kicking himself…that’s dumb for a 13yo

Of course I’ll still support the team, been doing it for over 40yrs, and agree mass positional changes now will make things worse. But I’m not delusional, they were awful.

I think CC underestimated how much work this team needs, especially between the ears on game management. Let’s see if he can live up to the hype, or if he’s Baz 2.0

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone is too busy scapegoating certain players, this place needs to clean up it's act. Where is horse?

Get behind the team and support the boys through the good times and the bad. Stop running your agendas and arm chair coaching clinics.
I’ll be pushing up daisies before I give Manly credit for anything. Scumbags.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There’s been 6 games so far, and we have by far looked the most underdone, the most mistake-ridden, and the least game smart. It’s not just a new team thing, they just looked like they haven’t been coached how to manage a game, or what is the most logical play, or what is the smart play.

I can forgive Burton putting the ball out on the full going for the 40-20 as Neymar was out of position and it would’ve given us excellent attack position. Kicking out on the full from the kick off, or even worse passing it to Kikau to kick on the last when we were 30-odd metres from our own try line instead of kicking himself…that’s dumb for a 13yo

Of course I’ll still support the team, been doing it for over 40yrs, and agree mass positional changes now will make things worse. But I’m not delusional, they were awful.

I think CC underestimated how much work this team needs, especially between the ears on game management. Let’s see if he can live up to the hype, or if he’s Baz 2.0
Neymar?! Are we playing PSG?!!

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely devastated. Howw! What else do we need to become successful again. We bought every player under the son. Changed 500 coaches and still up to shit. Smh

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolutely devastated. Howw! What else do we need to become successful again. We bought every player under the son. Changed 500 coaches and still up to shit. Smh
Forwards who can stand up to Keppie & Paseka lol

Bring back Mason & O'Meley. Sick of these mugs bullying us.

I think by 2024 our spine is actually going to be in really good shape, probably the best it's been since Kimmorley & Ennis days.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The same Manly who had to fill in the 6 jersey with a retard of a human because Schuster wasn’t available?

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The same Manly who had to fill in the 6 jersey with a retard of a human because Schuster wasn’t available?
Johns was decent, nothing flash. DCE was steering them around, he barely had to do much. The problem is Aloia, Keppie, Paseka & Bullemor became world class or at least that's how they looked, they were rampaging through like Jason Taumalolo back when Cowboys won the comp.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look credit to Manly, they had the better moments of the game were more disciplined overall in terms of errors. They were a lot sharper with the ball in attack, they focused on going through the ruck first before shifting wide.

They tackled hard and ran hard all game. I still thought that pack before kick off wasn't brilliant but again it just shows where we are at, bullied by Manly's pack.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Johns was decent, nothing flash. DCE was steering them around, he barely had to do much. The problem is Aloia, Keppie, Paseka & Bullemor became world class or at least that's how they looked, they were rampaging through like Jason Taumalolo back when Cowboys won the comp.
Brother, no one is angry we lost. We know it’s a work in progress (7 years and counting) but while I won’t say we’re going backwards, we’re certainly not moving forward and improving. Even with the new signings over the last 2 seasons. It just hasn’t got better.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brother, no one is angry we lost. We know it’s a work in progress (7 years and counting) but while I won’t say we’re going backwards, we’re certainly not moving forward and improving. Even with the new signings over the last 2 seasons. It just hasn’t got better.
I disagree our development prospects are far better and our spine is shaping up nicely for 2024.