Cometh Saturday, cometh our boys !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I've bottled my emotions up for a few months now, but I swear to ye football gods, I'm so anxious I'm about to pop a vein in my forehead !

We are sooooooo close, I can almost smell it.
And jesus does it smell good.
Better than weekend sausages, with charred onions on a BBQ !

I dunno about you, but my surrounds are about to enter full-swing.

Phone-calls and texts are increasing. I'm nesting like a hen around the house to ensure no 'surprise jobs' interrupt the upcoming game. I've got about 12 colleagues at work, all Dogs fans, peppering me with questions to pump up their own tyres ("How do you think we'll go ?"). Footy show tomorrow night means more anticipation, before we have to endure the other match on Friday.

If you can allow yourself to fast-forward to Saturday night ... I wanna set the scene I see coming.

It'll be me in front of the TV (I'm working until 90mins before kickoff and am due to arrive home with about 30mins to spare), legs bouncing up'n'down with nerves, "shoosh"-ing everyone in the house that is too loud, and cheering with a loud "PPppssssss" when we get some luck or score.

I want all of you to know ... you'll ALL be sitting with me in spirit.

It'll be me, tunnel vision, the TV, 2 hours of a rollercoaster ride, and 500 of you in my head with me.
I can already picture y'all high-five-ing !!!

Likewise, if you're going to the big game to throw your voice behind our boys and scream til your lungs bleed out ... please know, I'm that devil on your shoulder screaming "LOUDER !!!" - YOU are my voice, and everybody else who can't get to ANZ through circumstance or distance and I thank you very much for it. I'm gonna love seeing you all on TV ... you gorgeous bunch of individuals you ! :becky:

For all the ups'n'downs this year.
Despite our short-comings.
Despite our missed-opportunities.
Here we are in the last bloody four ... and just 80mins from another invite to the big dance.

Make no mistake, it's been a "mammoth effort" !
There is MUCH to be proud of.

If we don't cross paths before Saturday, I wish you all safe travels and happy times.

May ye football gods smile upon with just decisions.
May ye fat lady p*ss off up the M4 to Penrith.
May ye Bulldogs emerge victorious.
Amen.

:thumb:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm coming up with an extra special pre-war speech just for you Uncle Damo, you fired me up!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The one and only Captain. Legend.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said champ
i feel the same way too
wife and kids going to mother in laws
4 pack red bull in fridge already
pizza to be orfered at 7pm
kennel members to be loud and proud hopefully onnthe couch next to me

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brilliant!

Especially the I'm so anxious I'm about to pop a vein in my forehead !

and the 'cheering with a loud "PPppssssss" when we get some luck or score'

Love it mate!!

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
God my heart's beating faster already. You certainly have a way with words CK!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[
QUOTE]For all the ups'n'downs this year.
Here we are in the last bloody four ... and just 80mins from another invite to the big dance.[\QUOTE]
For those of us who'd lost faith in our team or in life in general this quote should serve to motivate and inspire us again.
We may not be the most skilled team in the comp but we have hope ,determination and the best leaders any team can ask for.. James grahams run against all odds to save that try in the manly game personifies what our mighty bulldogs stand for.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Excellent mate . Another reason I would like to win is to shut everyone up that says you cant win from the bottom half of the 8 . Out of the bottom half we are the only team left , plus we helped send Manly out in straight sets .
Its your year doggies

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
See yas in The Kennel on Saturday. Fire Up!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dday is approaching and nearly amongst us, like you said CK if we just get some luck then all should be good.

Good luck to our team and I hope they bring it on home for us!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm officially a Captain Kickass fan - consistently constructing passionate 'James Graham-like' performances with the pen time after time. Well done mate keep it up and may we 'Advance to the Big Dance' on Saturday.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
What we need is the priest from the Rocky movies blessing the team as they run out

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excellent mate . Another reason I would like to win is to shut everyone up that says you cant win from the bottom half of the 8 . Out of the bottom half we are the only team left , plus we helped send Manly out in straight sets .
Its your year doggies
newcastle same position last year.

The bridge was eventually too high to climb.

hoping we not tired and stay focused

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ill never forget CK's 2012 grand final pump up speech. Lets get there again!!! So nervous/ready for Saturday.... Bring it on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've bottled my emotions up for a few months now, but I swear to ye football gods, I'm so anxious I'm about to pop a vein in my forehead !

We are sooooooo close, I can almost smell it.
And jesus does it smell good.
Better than weekend sausages, with charred onions on a BBQ !

I dunno about you, but my surrounds are about to enter full-swing.

Phone-calls and texts are increasing. I'm nesting like a hen around the house to ensure no 'surprise jobs' interrupt the upcoming game. I've got about 12 colleagues at work, all Dogs fans, peppering me with questions to pump up their own tyres ("How do you think we'll go ?"). Footy show tomorrow night means more anticipation, before we have to endure the other match on Friday.

If you can allow yourself to fast-forward to Saturday night ... I wanna set the scene I see coming.

It'll be me in front of the TV (I'm working until 90mins before kickoff and am due to arrive home with about 30mins to spare), legs bouncing up'n'down with nerves, "shoosh"-ing everyone in the house that is too loud, and cheering with a loud "PPppssssss" when we get some luck or score.

I want all of you to know ... you'll ALL be sitting with me in spirit.

It'll be me, tunnel vision, the TV, 2 hours of a rollercoaster ride, and 500 of you in my head with me.
I can already picture y'all high-five-ing !!!

Likewise, if you're going to the big game to throw your voice behind our boys and scream til your lungs bleed out ... please know, I'm that devil on your shoulder screaming "LOUDER !!!" - YOU are my voice, and everybody else who can't get to ANZ through circumstance or distance and I thank you very much for it. I'm gonna love seeing you all on TV ... you gorgeous bunch of individuals you ! :becky:

For all the ups'n'downs this year.
Here we are in the last bloody four ... and just 80mins from another invite to the big dance.

Make no mistake, it's been a "mammoth effort" !
There is MUCH to be proud of.

If we don't cross paths before Saturday, I wish you all safe travels and happy times.

May ye football gods smile upon with just decisions.
May ye fat lady p*ss off up the M4 to Penrith.
May ye Bulldogs emerge victorious.
Amen.

:thumb:
Man, you have the emotion down to a tee. Love your passion my friend and you have inspired me to be just that much prouder and louder this Saturday as I watch our boys destiny unfold. Make no mistake I travel to the game with a renewed confidence and love for this great football team, the mighty blue and whites, the mighty Bulldogs!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow! Forget the odds..make no mistake everybody is writing Canterbury off..time for The Dogs of War to rise for a third time!

Status
Not open for further replies.