Coles or Woolies?

Coles or Woolies?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we refuse to shop at coles or wollies, being farmers we see everyday how they screw farmers and send them to the wall, iga and aldi for us
I have heard farmers get a raw deal. Apparently chicken farmers get $1.00 for a whole chicken while supermarkets sell them for $7.00 to $10.00 pending size.

Sgodllubsti, Is this about right. Is it really that bad?

P

Paint.

DA DA DA DA... DA DA! DA DA! DAA DAAAAAA!

DOWN DOWN, PRICES ARE DOWN!

^^Fck you, Coles, you and your ads!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you a Coles or a Woolies person?

I grew up with Woolies, and my dad works. So Woolies all the way for me.

Same goes for BigW and K-Mart. Imma BigW boy (same company as woolworths). I feel so weird walking through Coles or Kmart, feels like im in another country.
Haha, that's like me. I was a manager at bigw and can't set foot in coles or target as it always felt weird. Don't know why haha.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to go to both but the woolies where i live has a no brains policy with who they hire. I always have to correct the morons when they short change me by a dollar or two. It's not just an occasional thing either, i'd say at least 50% of the time when i pay they screw it up and always in their favor. Aside from that they're pretty much on par with one another. Woolies bread must come out of the oven stale because i cant recall ever having a slice and thinking it tasted fresh.

There are some things that IGA stock that Coles and Woolies don't so i'll sometimes go there too. Overall i'd probably say i'm pretty random with where i shop.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
aussie farmers direct

take out the monoplisers

:grinning:

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Someone left negative feedback based on the fact I go to Coles, not Woolies in Westfield!

Is that a Kennel first? Loss of reputation based on where I acquire apples?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have heard farmers get a raw deal. Apparently chicken farmers get $1.00 for a whole chicken while supermarkets sell them for $7.00 to $10.00 pending size.

Sgodllubsti, Is this about right. Is it really that bad?
Woollies must assume that everyone who shops there is stupid.. My local woollies has this sign up stating "don't pay 10$ for a bbq Chicken anymore.. we've reduced it to $9.99."
I just shop at 7/11, rather pay twice as much for sh*t and not get treated like an imbecile.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
coles amd wollies pay around 8 to 15c a kilo for potato
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,15 to 60 c a kilo for broccoli
.......................................2 to 5 c a kilo for pumpkin
........................................30 to 60 c a cabbage
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,up to 20 c a cob of corn
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,up to 30 c a kilo for onions
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,up tp 50c for celery
the farmer pays all growing costs, and even have to pay extra when veges are on special, we pay all picking packing freight shelf space...
for us we refuse to deal with them and send to bris syd meld markets only...

as for chicken farmersthey are on a worse deal,,, big heavy chickens dressed out at 1,2 to 1,8 kg they might get $1
up to 1kg they might get 60 to 70c a bird, the chooks are killed at around 6 weeks old up to 12 weeksm they need big numbers to make it pay

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the farmer pays all growing costs, and even have to pay extra when veges are on special, we pay all picking packing freight shelf space...

as for chicken farmersthey are on a worse deal,,, big heavy chickens dressed out at 1,2 to 1,8 kg they might get $1
up to 1kg they might get 60 to 70c a bird, the chooks are killed at around 6 weeks old up to 12 weeksm they need big numbers to make it pay
Thanks for that as I had no idea!

One think I dont understand is we get oranges from countries such as Brazil as well. Deduct shipping costs and double handling, the Brazilians must get only a few cents per orange! How is it possible?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
a lot of countries can use sprays that we cant for health reasons and they also pay poor wages around $2 or $3 per hour if that, also the gov subsidise farmers a lot more then here

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woollies must assume that everyone who shops there is stupid.. My local woollies has this sign up stating "don't pay 10$ for a bbq Chicken anymore.. we've reduced it to $9.99."
I just shop at 7/11, rather pay twice as much for sh*t and not get treated like an imbecile.
Lol the non-existent 1c price reduce, that pisses me off.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

it's just typical of our economic system (fractional banking system), which favours corporations

you know better than most the bull**** coles and woolworths gets away with. it's right across the board with every company that lines their stores with products

Status
Not open for further replies.