Opinion Cogger

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m struggling to see why Knights fans had such fire and brimstone for Cogger. Every game he’s had for us he’s been either “Ok” or last night he was great. You can see him building in confidence each week, taking the line on more and his kicks finding the grass between fullback and winger (400m+ last night). At the ground you can see him organising and directing traffic and puts his body on the line defensively.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was okay over there, nothing special. But so was the rest of the team.

With some more time, and as the young team grow together, hopefully he can also grow as a player.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To my eye he is going really well.
His long kicking game is good, something we really need.
Defence is good.
I think he is playing better than Lewis at the moment.
Not sure what Pay will do when Foran is back?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He played really well last night. However he needs to consistently play well over long periods of time and also against better opposition .. But so far so good ..

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay summed him up in the presser. Kid sounds footy obsessed and determined to make the big
Time and willing to do whatever it
Takes ... this doesn’t always mean success but it’s a good start.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is great! Was always pleased with both him and Meaney coming over. I live in Newcastle and all my mates death rode the pair saying they were shit and refused to see the good aspects in their game... as we can now see the knights issues were never the cattle it was their shit attitude, coach and game plan. Couple that with the kids having to play second fiddle to Pearce or Ponga and trying to make them emulate said players ability instead of letting them play their style of footy. These boys will keep improving.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is doing well, getting a little better with every game and more time he gets.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good player I’d like to see him develope into a lamb type player

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know I think his an ok player but yes it’s still early days... can he be a superstar? For sure but he has a lot of work to do. He needs to mix up his attacking plays and stop being a easy target. I guess with time on the field he will get better... well I hope so

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was okay over there, nothing special. But so was the rest of the team.

With some more time, and as the young team grow together, hopefully he can also grow as a player.
He will be like Blake Green when he played for us. Nothing special, inexperienced but could direct the team and get the job done without being magnificent. A bit of experience and now look at Blake.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my eye he is going really well.
His long kicking game is good, something we really need.
Defence is good.
I think he is playing better than Lewis at the moment.
Not sure what Pay will do when Foran is back?
No chance. Lewis is a machine. Without him we don’t win a game this year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I must have missed something in this game. May need to watch it again because I saw little organisation from him last night.

At the Knights alongside Pearce, Watson, Lamb and Hodko, he was exactly the same. Same in NSW Cup. Shows up for 5 minutes then disappears the rest of the game.

Also kicking every.damn.time straight to the player.

That said he does have smarts and definite potential to be a decent halves player... but then again Michael Lichaa once had potential as a hooker so I don't really know anymore.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is playing well solid in defence and you can see the talk on the field. In honesty I think criticism of Lewis is unfair. Second year in the top grade is always hard as teams would have plenty of video and be putting pressure on him and running plenty of traffic. He has made plenty of great decisions in defence and in attack he is learning every week. Cogger and he would be a new combo as I’m sure thoughts would have been Foran being a starter each week. It’s great to see that we have competition for spots and not have the issue of a few years ago where we had players on big money not deserving of a first grade spot but being consistently picked by our former coach. I know I sound like a broken record but I would really applaud the club to get Matty Johns to do sessions with these two (and Foran) He has a proven record maybe Noddy Kimmorley if they can’t get Johns

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When was the last time a team full of new signings won the comp or even got close? Considering the number of new signings, we are going ok.

Cogger has only played a few games, I’m starting to think the knights fans were just expecting the impossible from a young half behind a crap pack.

Even Ponga at 5/8 this year struggled, their pack is better but hasn’t gelled yet.

Coggers defence needs work, but he’s going ok. Better than our previous shit

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our spine has probably only played 40 nrl games between the 4 of them, i think they are going ok considering.
1meaney prob 5 games
6 cogger 5 games
7 lewis 10 games
9 jmk 20 games

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our spine has probably only played 40 nrl games between the 4 of them, i think they are going ok considering.
1meaney prob 5 games
6 cogger 5 games
7 lewis 10 games
9 jmk 20 games
Spot on as ive said previously lewis will improve alot if he gets to play more games with foz

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the criticism of Cogger was his long kicking game and defensive decisions. He was pretty average last week but looked completely different this week. He has found more distance in his kicks but needs to work on not kicking it straight to the fullback.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1meaney prob 5 games
6 cogger 5 games
7 lewis 10 games
9 jmk 20 games
Still very inexperienced but will get better with time.....I agree that for their limitations they are playing okay...

Cogger 24 ( 20 for the Knights 4 for Dogs)

Meaney 10 ( 5 for each club Dogs and Newcastle)

Lewis 16 ( Dogs)

JMK 32 ( 1 for Tigers 31 for us)

TOTAL 82

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger has played 25 games, he has potential and obviously still learning but he’s created nothing for the dogs yet. 0 try assists 0 line break assists and maybe 1 forced dropout not exactly creative for a half imo.