Coach's Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang

lol
Reaction score
Source:www.bulldogs.com.au
There is a lot of talk about our game against the Dragons tomorrow night. I know that our boys are looking forward to it, for various reasons.

Firstly, it will allow us the opportunity to see how we are going in comparison to another top four club.

Secondly, we haven't played at OKI Jubilee Stadium for several years and the guys know that it has a great reputation as an atmospheric ground when full.

Lastly, a lot of the Bulldogs and Dragons players are mates. Tomorrow night's game will give one team bragging rights over the other for the next four weeks until we meet again in round 23.

Last week's dramatic win over the Warriors was very pleasing. We got ourselves into a hole and the team showed a lot of character to get themselves out and then come away with the win.

Obviously there was a lot of talk about Ben Roberts and his match winning play in extra time. Ben was close to being picked for tomorrow's game, but in the end I went with Shifty because of his experience.

Finally, let me say that I'm really pleased that Tony Grimaldi will be backing up again next year. The way he's going, he could be around for another five years!

Steve Folkes
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs Coach

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
D-X said:
Finally, let me say that I'm really pleased that Tony Grimaldi will be backing up again next year. The way he's going, he could be around for another five years!
my favourite part :grinning:

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's got be really good for Benny's confidence. I hope he hangs around long after Sherwin has retired.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Roberts still does deserve a spot though. He should've been named at hooker IMO, especially after Grimaldi was ruled out. He would've been a much better replacement than Perry.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
If Roberts can't nail down a permanent spot somewhere in the 17 next season - clubs far & wide will be lining up around the block for him....

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
`G` said:
I think Roberts still does deserve a spot though. He should've been named at hooker IMO, especially after Grimaldi was ruled out. He would've been a much better replacement than Perry.
You can't just chuck inexperienced blokes into unfamiliar positions - particularly against a side like the Dragons - and expect them to perform miracles!....Whilst he went well in all other departments - Roberts missed EIGHT tackles last week from halfback - I can only imagine how many dozen he'd miss playing as a hooker!!!

Nugget is the man for the job...

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
well said folkesy

i think many dogs supporters have mates supporting the dragons so we have bragging rights to go on too...

U CAN DO IT... :grinning:

B

Ben Godberts

i like that folksy,
folkes is getting over sherwin its only a matter of time now

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dog-E said:
You can't just chuck inexperienced blokes into unfamiliar positions - particularly against a side like the Dragons - and expect them to perform miracles!....Whilst he went well in all other departments - Roberts missed EIGHT tackles last week from halfback - I can only imagine how many dozen he'd miss playing as a hooker!!!

Nugget is the man for the job...
He could atleast come off the bench and play the same kind of role that Thurston was playing for us in '04. He would be pretty dangerous comming into the game at the end of each half IMO. All I know is that this kid has too much talent to be wasted in PL and if he stays there some other team is definetly going to scoop him up as soon as he goes off contract.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
PL is Flegg for the doggies.

Flegg is basically our sg ball side.

Good and bad news that Grimaldi resigned. I guess This shuts the door for either SBW, Myles, Armit or maybe even Reni for a starting spot. Also his hooker game is very sloppy when he is acting half. He is very slow and runs before he passes cutting down the time for the reciever with ball in hand.

But i guess all that is ballanced out by his awsome defence. Hope our players still resign knowing that they migh not see much time because we have two defencive 80 min players.

Status
Not open for further replies.