Mason might be blue shirt lol
Seem like very good appointments.
Always thought JR would be our blue shirt tho :grinning:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seem like very good appointments.
Always thought JR would be our blue shirt tho :grinning:
Looks like he taking over Zap in the media role first..

Would be interesting to see who the Blue shirt is. I know Mase is VERY hands on at training but none more so than Bob cat.

Im intrigued! lol

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s happening with Tangles? I thought he coached the nsw cup side pretty well.

Malla

Reaction score
Looks like he taking over Zap in the media role first..

Would be interesting to see who the Blue shirt is. I know Mase is VERY hands on at training but none more so than Bob cat.

Im intrigued! lol
Yeah Mason comment was on jest. It may still be Turner if he takes up the SG ball gig I am pretty sure the SG ball seasons wraps up early in the NRL year so he can still do both

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate. Any word on Jimmy Dymock coming back?
Bloke I know is close with him. Reckons Dessie and him very close and he’s trying to get him to titans but he’s had enough and will see out deal with manly and start coaching youths or bush league stuff.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloke I know is close with him. Reckons Dessie and him very close and he’s trying to get him to titans but he’s had enough and will see out deal with manly and start coaching youths or bush league stuff.
Yeah. Ok. That sounds about right. I was hoping Dessie might have nabbed Randall and opened up another position. Champion bloke hope all works out well for him

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bobcat has actual coach experience in youth sides and Newcastle local league first grade. Very strong comp, Maitland are state champs. He should be in the mix for lower grades or flegg

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is going to be funny having Potter as reserve grade coach. When Ciraldo drops the next batch of flops Potter can give them the home truths and tell them what he really thinks.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Few changes for next year
Jason Taylor assistant
Potter NSW cup coach
Luke Vella pathways
Josh Jackson jersey flegg coach
Steve Turner SG ball coach
Pretty happy with those changes, especially Jacko. Have my doubts over Zap though, would prefer Andrew Ryan leave Souths Newcastle and have a bigger role with us somewhere.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Few changes for next year
Jason Taylor assistant
Potter NSW cup coach
Luke Vella pathways
Josh Jackson jersey flegg coach
Steve Turner SG ball coach
Nasheed here,
Hmmmmm
I understood Jackson retired because he wanted to get into the physio world. That’s what was stated at the time.
Now he’s a coach.
This lends credence to the idea he genuinely was pushed a year ago.
So NrL were right to slug us. And once again Phil Gould lies in public.
when you tell a lie it gets exposed when this happens as it doesn’t make sense and Nasheed never forgets.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Potter to cup is a good move I think. Let Ciraldo build his own team. Jason Taylor is a good option, a former half with plenty of coaching experience but not as much of a threat as Holbrook would have been. If Porter wants to get another NRL coaching gig he will be getting a stacked cup side so will have the opportunity to show what he can do. Hopefully Vella gets a promotion in terms of pay at least if not responsibility for guiding us to a flegg win.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Hmmmmm
I understood Jackson retired because he wanted to get into the physio world. That’s what was stated at the time.
Now he’s a coach.
This lends credence to the idea he genuinely was pushed a year ago.
So NrL were right to slug us. And once again Phil Gould lies in public.
when you tell a lie it gets exposed when this happens as it doesn’t make sense and Nasheed never forgets.
@Nasheed

JJ might have focused on physio all 2023 and being around the coaches more thought he’d like to go in that direction instead, a position came up so he grabbed it …

Maybe he said he’d be focusing on Physio at the time of retirement because there were no Bulldogs coaching roles available …?

Maybe he’s decided to change to coaching because it pays better than his physio gig …

Could be many things ..

People change their minds regularly, doesn’t have to be any conspiracy behind it ..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus mentioned he was giving Vella a promotion on his poddy this week.

Did Taylor get sacked for Potter to come in at Wests or was it the other way around?