I am happy with what Pay is doing

No one is perfect
And he isn’t stubborn

I’m on board the Pay bus

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s starting to win me over as well. He has got some calls wrong but the position he’s in he has to make a lot of calls and he’s going to get some wrong. It’s just nice to see someone in the box that actually shows some passion and doesn’t sit there adjustmenting their Dame Edna glasses....

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i noticed a lot of people very quick to bag out our coach,

I think it’s way too early for that,

The guy is doing everything we ever asked for,

He is dropping players,
Giving young guys a crack

Trying new things

Trying players in other positions

He is having a red hot go at it,

No one is perfect
And he isn’t stubborn

I’m on board the Pay bus
I agree champ. He’s got doggie blood in him. Seriously, how good is it bringing a fresh Holland off the bench and into dummy half, the guy killed it last night, the meters he made and the way he turned the momentum around was priceless.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The only person really giving it to Deano is Goatends that’s just because of his own failures as a supercoach. Everyone pretty much knows the situation we are in. Heat of the moment and we lose then it’s easier to rage type SACK PAY instead of it’s alright gang first year coach doing his best and getting into the groove it will be sweet

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got to admit I was annoyed , not so much at Pay , but at the club for choosing Pay who's never coached a first grade side over Dymock who rescued us in 2011 and (pretty sure) he was behind our success for the last 3 games of Annus horriblis 2017

But I'm starting to like the guy.. A lot
I like how he fights for his boys even down to ensuring they get the respect they deserve from turds like Sutton

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He may turn out to be good if he learns from his mistakes.
There’s no denying he has made mistakes , I’m hoping he learns from them and becomes a better coach because of it.
For sure, but he's still making the same mistakes. I don't care that he gets excited or is trying things because any nobody on here could do the same.

Last night i saw Jackson on at lock and Elliott at prop at the same time, like i legit had to stop myself from having a heart attack in that moment. Thankfully Elliott was forced to come off with a HIA. Klemmer still is playing to little minutes and only came back on because Fualalo copped an injury. He has atleast got the guys up for games but theres just so many issues around his coaching and i won't ever be excited until he addresses them.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was so happy he had a spray at that **** Sutton.
Don't know how the meeting went during the week with the NRL?
there was a king of England murdered by a red hot poker inserted in his anus so as not to show any external signs of injury.
Even that is too good for Gerrard Sutton the fucking ****.
But somehow the club has to insert that medaphorical red hot poker into Sutton the biggest **** to ever live..
That's right worse that Hilter & Stalin!!

george84

New Pup
Reaction score

He is dropping players,

Trying new things

No one is perfect
And he isn’t stubborn

I’m on board the Pay bus
Your 100% right his doing a good job with what he has

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your 100% right his doing a good job with what he has
Completely agree..
At least we are 12th an not 16th!!!

People have asked for changes an he has done that, we just won our 3rd game..it was always going to be a hard ask this year so people need to be more open minded!!

We got a win last night, you have to enjoy every win because there may not be many! But he has my vote now an he will only get better.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He is dropping players,

Trying new things

No one is perfect
And he isn’t stubborn

I’m on board the Pay bus
Its a cut throat gig for sure..... if jennings gets that try then Pay gets hammered again this week.
All i can say is we've been more than close to winning a couple of games ie. Roosters 2nd time, souths, penrith 2nd time, brisbane.
If we jag at least 2 of them games i think we're in the 8

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hard to say at moment..I wont bag him out hes trying so il give him until end of year..

Our attack is worse than last year.. 2 tries against a 16th placed team (1 which was because a howler from gutherson) is woeful

Imo our attack should improve from 2017 as our lineup is stronger than last year

We finished last year very strong against top 8 teams contenders like Manly & Dragons

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He is dropping players,

Trying new things

No one is perfect
And he isn’t stubborn

I’m on board the Pay bus
Agree with your comments,but one thing that’s very noticeable,is the way opposition teams target Marcelo Montoya’s side of the field,parra got another 2 last night,broncos 3 the week before,&so on.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay is doing a pretty damn good job if you ask me.
Just because some blokes here don’t agree with his decisions doesn’t mean he has made mistakes and even if he did, so what?

Never made a mistake Gotenks?

He is trying new things with an inherited squad (Pay didn’t actively sign or recruit almost any player in our 30 man top squad) and it’s obvious that he has the team playing for him.

The next 18 months will get worse with our dire cap situation (Thanks Hasler, Dib and Rae) and Pay has been chosen to lead us through it. He will no doubt need to be afforded leniency and compassion for his position through this time.

Lastly, how the fuck can anyone be so critical to a guy that has been here for an off-season (full of turmoil mind you) and 10 games?

Imagine if the Knights sacked Brown last year and how he would be remembered but nope they stuck by him to get them back on track and if it wasn’t for the injury to Pearce they would be entrenched in the top 8 and on the way up. His recruits are starting to bare fruits and wether we like to admit it or not we will be heading down a very similar path.

Status
Not open for further replies.