News Coaches Under Pressure-CAMERON CIRALDO - Bulldogs

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The thing i don't understand is that interview Josh Curran from bloke in the the bar. Talking about our defensive system when asked. His response was that he is already knowledgable what is in place as Andrew Webster used it with the New Zealand Warriors in 2023. Carrying on in the interview Josh reminds us that Cameron Ciraldo engineered this special defensive technique that has rewarded Penrith with three grand finals. Andrew implemented a successful defensive campaign last season. The Bulldogs on the other hand with chief defensive engineer had the worst for and against in 2023?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
still no front rowers, plus who knows if we'll cop injuries again..
We have way more depth & players we already have should improve. We probably have 5 new starters & WAY better depth.

You're just making excuses now. If we aren't better than last season then hopefully Gus sacks CC. Hopefully though we improve big time.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have way more depth & players we already have should improve. We probably have 5 new starters & WAY better depth.

You're just making excuses now. If we aren't better than last season then hopefully Gus sacks CC. Hopefully though we improve big time.
You can’t just sack ciro. All depends on available options to replace also. If no one worthy then imo there’s no point. Bennett I guess would be good if interested

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You can’t just sack ciro. All depends on available options to replace also. If no one worthy then imo there’s no point. Bennett I guess would be good if interested
Why can't you? If we get the wooden spoon you want to keep CC? The delusion on this board sometimes is hilariously sad.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We won’t get the spoon so that’s pointless argument. No need to call me sad, it was just an opinion
I didn't say we would get the spoon. I said if we get the spoon or go backwards from last season then he deserves the sack.

I didn't call you sad. Do you understand English?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't you? If we get the wooden spoon you want to keep CC? The delusion on this board sometimes is hilariously sad.
If we don’t do better than last year I’ll be treating it as though we got the spoon

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Ciraldo is under pressure in terms of his job in 2024. The club does need to start producing NRL results and pressure might occur for the club to do so. The vast majority of our fans only watch NRL and this is reflective in the crowds and TV ratings that the on field NRL results is what matters most. The rebuild card being used by the club can only last for so long before people search for results. If things haven't got better he will be under pressure in 2025 to perform.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS ::

Rehashed FB click bait article finds its way onto The Kennel pages again …

Doesn’t matter how many times it’s been written about over & over it’s here for us all to read for the dozenth time … 3 guesses who posted it …

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't say we would get the spoon. I said if we get the spoon or go backwards from last season then he deserves the sack.

I didn't call you sad. Do you understand English?
Do I understand English? That’s a very passive way of calling me stupid, thanks. Regardless, I don’t think he’ll be getting sacked anytime soon. Even with results, I’ll be standing by our coach for a little while longer yet

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing i don't understand is that interview Josh Curran from bloke in the the bar. Talking about our defensive system when asked. His response was that he is already knowledgable what is in place as Andrew Webster used it with the New Zealand Warriors in 2023. Carrying on in the interview Josh reminds us that Cameron Ciraldo engineered this special defensive technique that has rewarded Penrith with three grand finals. Andrew implemented a successful defensive campaign last season. The Bulldogs on the other hand with chief defensive engineer had the worst for and against in 2023?
The Warriors roster was way better than ours going into the season. On top of this our already average roster got hammered with injuries. We used something like 36 players last year due to a massive casualty list. A lot of the injuries were to key players for big chunks of the season. Getting defensive cohesion is next to impossible. Even worse when the players we did call on are individually not great defensively.

This year’s roster should be a lot better defensively. A bonus if we can stay as healthy as possible and get some consistent team selections week in week out.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every year there's articles about every coach in the competition and the pressure gauge. At least one NRL is sacked or pushed out every year. Last year we had Holbrook, Griffin and Sheens.

Bennett is available to any club that needs a coach this adds more interest to the market place and the pressure on NRL coaches this year.

A lot of coaches including Ciraldo will need results.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Warriors roster was way better than ours going into the season. On top of this our already average roster got hammered with injuries. We used something like 36 players last year due to a massive casualty list. A lot of the injuries were to key players for big chunks of the season. Getting defensive cohesion is next to impossible. Even worse when the players we did call on are individually not great defensively.

This year’s roster should be a lot better defensively. A bonus if we can stay as healthy as possible and get some consistent team selections week in week out.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every year there's articles about every coach in the competition and the pressure gauge. At least one NRL is sacked or pushed out every year. Last year we had Holbrook, Griffin and Sheens.

Bennett is available to any club that needs a coach this adds more interest to the market place and the pressure on NRL coaches this year.

A lot of coaches including Ciraldo will need results.
thought Wayne was going to be coaching the nz international team after this season

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This story is simply a novice attempt to create pressure.
No one with any credibility is saying that - unfortunately Rugby League only attracts morons for journalists.
They are the ones that should be under pressure for their complete lack of ability to write a decent story.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How can we possibly play worse that last year?

A day to go before better footy and a clearer understanding of where we stand albeit without key players.

Ciraldo will eventually have his contract extended. I rekon he'll be our coach for a while.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

A day to go before better footy and a clearer understanding of where we stand albeit without key players.

Ciraldo will eventually have his contract extended. I rekon he'll be our coach for a while.
First trial last year we looked like a top 4 side and Pele was unstoppable.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First trial last year we looked like a top 4 side and Pele was unstoppable.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who is responsible for this dribble? Ciraldo will not be sacked.
He has tried very hard to rebuild the team, but the available talent is not that good.
The players who have been recruited are 100% footballers. Unlike last season.
We are a bit short in accomplished middles, but the young guys will more than likely step up.
I have high hopes for Hughes, Edwards, Kautoga and Moasa.
King, Patolo, Sutton, Knight are more that capable of doing the job.