Official Club season launch

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That Little Clip deserves its own thread. ....Mods can we make this video a Sticky on main Page ?

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are minor premiers for talking it up off the field. Let’s see what the team can do on the field. Time for actions as of next week. I’ll admit I was confident for a good year ahead. Sundays performance spooked me slightly.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a really big misstep considering how well they’ve been running things up until now. The pic of the players with umbrellas and mini waterfalls coming down looks embarrassing really. There must be a reason they’re doing most events at BSG. I’m guessing to build and galvanise that feeling of it being special. Edit: I should add, the weather sounds like the biggest issue, but wouldn’t have been so if they used an indoor venue.
if it wasn’t raining (literally torrential), it would have been heaps better but still the marquee would’ve been too small with nowhere to sit. up the back it was really hard to see the stage and the players and the amenities etc wouldn’t have been fixed either. considering the club was so close and indoors, it was a really odd decision to be honest. a massive step down from doltone house, that’s for sure. considering ticket price, the club should have done much better than what was actually offered. it does look amateurish compared to other clubs

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There would have been heaps of potential venues they could have used. If not the Leagues Club, why not hitup the Laundys for (use of) one of their hotels? The Locker Room at Olympic Park will hold about 150 seated or 250 standing!

The idea of a marquee was always strange, and even moreso given the potential for bad weather and without a backup plan.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
if it wasn’t raining (literally torrential), it would have been heaps better but still the marquee would’ve been too small with nowhere to sit. up the back it was really hard to see the stage and the players and the amenities etc wouldn’t have been fixed either. considering the club was so close and indoors, it was a really odd decision to be honest. a massive step down from doltone house, that’s for sure. considering ticket price, the club should have done much better than what was actually offered. it does look amateurish compared to other clubs
How much were tickets mate?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
If you haven't watched this already, I recommend watching it. Gus speaks about the club, what it means to be a Bulldog and the club build. Success is not going to happen overnight, it takes time and a lot of hard work. You just need to be reminded we are within a rebuilding phase, and I am extremely confident we have the right people and leadership team to take us to where we are meant to be.

So different to Gus on Twitter lol Awesome speech. You heard him say it guys, he promised us we’d be #1 again. I believe him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How much were tickets mate?
$275 + the G I think - more expensive than last year at a poorer venue and a key reason I chose not to go. I get that they wanted it more ‘intimate’ as I think there were only ~100 tickets for the punters (happy to be corrected if that’s wrong) but with a partner like the Laundy’s they had no shortage of venue choices and it just seems like a mis-fire all around, especially those toilets in the grandstand that smell like the pissed out beers of the ‘88 Premiership team :-).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
$275 + the G I think - more expensive than last year at a poorer venue and a key reason I chose not to go. I get that they wanted it more ‘intimate’ as I think there were only ~100 tickets for the punters (happy to be corrected if that’s wrong) but with a partner like the Laundy’s they had no shortage of venue choices and it just seems like a mis-fire all around, especially those toilets in the grandstand that smell like the pissed out beers of the ‘88 Premiership team :-).
Haha. That’s crazy. I have no interest in attending those sort of things but if I did I wouldn’t pay more than $100

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you haven't watched this already, I recommend watching it. Gus speaks about the club, what it means to be a Bulldog and the club build. Success is not going to happen overnight, it takes time and a lot of hard work. You just need to be reminded we are within a rebuilding phase, and I am extremely confident we have the right people and leadership team to take us to where we are meant to be.

Made me cry, what's happening to me.