Club Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg in hindsight was politically correct as well and was the guy that chose the female for a diversity change and agenda crap. Raelene castle is fkn shit and has taken our club backwards. She should go back to netball or join the feminist nazi liberation front or just fuk off. She has 3 options that's more then most males get.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I should qualify my statement to say "plummeting to some of the lowest depths - in relation to our on field performance"

I do agree, Coffs harbour was a shocking time for the club, as was the salary cap saga, however during both, the club was at least performing on the field and having a dig. I supported the club through both periods.

The last time we won a premiership was 2004 (13 years ago). I've supported the dogs since 1989 as a 5 year old and this is by far the longest period of time without a premiership.

It is not an argument to say Hasler has taken us to the finals every year. Almost each of these years, we have scraped into the finals and never looked a chance at even making the GF. Who cares if we make the finals, if we never even have a hope of making/winning a GF?

When you consider the context of Hasler's tenure with the dogs (largest football department budget in the NRL + subjectively given the largest amount of power of any of the NRL coaches over the last 6 years to implement his own strategy), you really do have to ask serious questions about whether he should still be employed.

Why is Craig Bellamy so successful year on year (and yes I note, they had their own salary cap scandal), and why is Bellamy so successful unearthing talent and making 'average' players, look so good? Yet Hasler seems to turn apparent future stars (debatable list but I'll include Lichaa on it), into average looking players.

How is it we have a #6 and #7 who often appear to be unable to throw a pass or kick a ball?

6 years, no premierships, and the club's fan base has been completely disillusioned by the style of play which often looks like players just don't have passion for the team/club.
I would rather our club be knee deep in scandals and getting results on the field rather than being able to say ohhhh we're so pc and tolerant. We have female bosses we are bringing refugees argh we are better than everyone else.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Has the thought not occurred to you that given she is appointed and controlled by the board that they are determining what she can and can't do and can and can't talk about? It is obvious to anyone who has board experience that she is operating to orders. Hasler talks footy and Dib talks about everything else. Her job is to look after the systems, sponsors and staff which she seems to do OK. Every time she gives an interview it is supportive of current activities or about successful negotiations - not about dealing with game related activities. Yes Toddy stood up and fronted on everything but he had both a public persona and the support of the board to do just that. When she was recruited they changed the game to reduce the CEO's public face.
If they want a good marketing officer then hire her as a marketing exec.

She does not perform well enough or have enough back bone to be a CEO.

And yes, if the board have structured things to simply have the CEO as a mouth piece, then there are larger problems than I thought.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I expected this team to be dog shit.

No Frank the tank
No Rona.

Still have Reynolds..this guy is not a winner.

same f#$k boys in Josh and Brett Morris who find a way to blow a knee out each season and make sure they are ready for Origin.
Klemmer is garbage.

do not show up to games, buy merchandise. Easy.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
What's Everyone's Thoughts Do they think the club has suffered since Raelene has become in charge of the club
Greenberg was great for our club I don't see the Same passion from our current boss and maybe that is the problem and it's filtering down
(Just thinking out loud)
Long story short, yes.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Castle has fucked up.

She was part of the hoppa signing, she was part of the barba release, she was part of the promise for a new fullback. She released her 5 year plan, she has no understanding of the game (thinking 4 top 8s and 1 top 4 are amazing results, enough to keep on telling anyone who will listen how amazing she and the coach are).

Greenberg delivered us new signings in our darkest hour. He took over a rebuilt the club. We had no major sponsor so he gave free advertising to a charity. Pre Greenberg we were seen as a scummy club, post Greenberg we were seen as a family club with a no dickhead policy, lots of community work and a strong football establishment. He didn't get us a premiership but he was involved in astute recruitment and rebuilt our team. He sacked a coach and orchestrated the Hasler signing.

Ok he wasn't perfect, he made mistakes but he also stood by his players. I have no evidence to back it up but we almost always fought judicial charges and he even went out on a limb to support graham during the gf aftermath. Raelene threw graham under the bus and slapped him on the wrist.

In all honesty she is out of her depth. I think pr wise she is a smart operator, in terms of memberships and marketing she has done well. But as the head of a football organisation she had failed.

Bring her back as the head of marketing or promotions or something like that. But she isn't not CEO material.

I have never heard of witnesses any CEO doing blogging with the boss. That a segment I expected from zap not castles. She tried to be too politically correct and lost focus on what matters which is the football.

And then she even blew the budget. So 1/3 is membership, 1/3 is sponsorship and 1/3 is football. In my books she is 1/3 and she isn't going well in the one that matters for the fans.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Greenberg is grossly overrated for what he did with his time at the club. He always said how hard it was to turn around out image and that was the start of the PR spin that Castle has continued. We were never in as bad shape as he had everyone believe it was only on field which was the major problem. By the time he started the salary cap and Coffs drama were well and truely over and the financial side of things were the same as today. The partnership with Camp Quality was more about boosting his profile then the clubs and he was the one that had players out planting trees.

At the time Hasler seemed like a master stroke and to a certain extent he does deserve credit because on paper it looked like a really good move but in hindsight it has really eroded away the clubs culture.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Lol we arent anywhere close to the depths we have been before. A bad loss doesnt make things worse than 2008, or the salary cap saga in 2002, or the Coffs harbour incident. Ive been a fan for 40 years, and ive seen a lot worse shit happen at the club. Maybe thats why i dont lose my shit every time we lose like others.
Funny how you just focus on recent results. We got hammered last week. We are 1 from last 8. Remember the cowboys game last year? We have had worse yes but with a far inferior roster. This is a top 8 roster (was) . Our on field results had been acceptable but if acceptable is what the club was after for the last 5 yrs god help us in the next 5 . our juniors and reserves have been neglected , our recruitment and retention has been poor and our acceptable results isnt a platform to or for success. Its not just 1 game.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I should qualify my statement to say "plummeting to some of the lowest depths - in relation to our on field performance"

I do agree, Coffs harbour was a shocking time for the club, as was the salary cap saga, however during both, the club was at least performing on the field and having a dig. I supported the club through both periods.

The last time we won a premiership was 2004 (13 years ago). I've supported the dogs since 1989 as a 5 year old and this is by far the longest period of time without a premiership.

It is not an argument to say Hasler has taken us to the finals every year. Almost each of these years, we have scraped into the finals and never looked a chance at even making the GF. Who cares if we make the finals, if we never even have a hope of making/winning a GF?

When you consider the context of Hasler's tenure with the dogs (largest football department budget in the NRL + subjectively given the largest amount of power of any of the NRL coaches over the last 6 years to implement his own strategy), you really do have to ask serious questions about whether he should still be employed.

Why is Craig Bellamy so successful year on year (and yes I note, they had their own salary cap scandal), and why is Bellamy so successful unearthing talent and making 'average' players, look so good? Yet Hasler seems to turn apparent future stars (debatable list but I'll include Lichaa on it), into average looking players.

How is it we have a #6 and #7 who often appear to be unable to throw a pass or kick a ball?

6 years, no premierships, and the club's fan base has been completely disillusioned by the style of play which often looks like players just don't have passion for the team/club.
Well said.im over this rubbish about making the finals the past five years.this just means we lost as many games as we won.. finishing 6 7 or 8 means nothing.last year our final against Penrith I didn't even watch.what was the point? We aren't in the same league as some teams this year.manly in the off season were recruiting.titans two years ago were shit.dont even talk about Melbourne.they have lost a host of stars but there spine is there foundation.bellamy brings new players and they are always competitive.we got to the 2012 grand final on the back of ben barbs.one bloke!! When He left you knew we had nothing and we needed players with some type of X factor.but who have we recruited?

B

belmore sports ground

Look Todd Greenberg was the ultimate CEO. Raelene castle is up there too. She keeps the club neat and tidy

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If they want a good marketing officer then hire her as a marketing exec.

She does not perform well enough or have enough back bone to be a CEO.

And yes, if the board have structured things to simply have the CEO as a mouth piece, then there are larger problems than I thought.
Really, so apart from Gus who has a media contract, name one CEO who is controlling the direction of the footy club they are at. If you are thinking Politis - wrong he's not the CEO in fact he just sacked him because he wouldn't do as he was told. In fact I'll go one step further and ask you to think about who the CEO's are without googling it. That's how little impact they all have. It's not the time of Bullfrog anymore and hasn't been for 20 years. I'm not on the inside but what I see from the outside is completely consistent with what a CEO does in the 21st century. They could appoint whoever they like, in fact they could run a poll here and appoint who you think is the right person and the same thing will happen because that is what a footy CEO does. We have much bigger issues than worrying about what Castle is or isn't doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.